HELP!! Bought Nissan Qashqai from a licensed Nissan dealer - now is broken!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First of all anything I say here might not be completely accurate because I'm only 17 and am just going on what I think has happened - so it might not be 100% correct. I'm just trying to help my parents get their car sorted out (they work long hours during week and so I'm just doing this voluntarily).

Basically we (my parents) bought a Nissan Qashqai from a licensed Nissan dealer 2 Saturdays ago (1.5 weeks ago). We had spent around a month looking for a car, took an interest in the qashqai and kept in contact with the salesman and waited until the car came in that fitted our requirements. We stated many times that my mum was going to use it to drive to school and back each day. We signed the deal 3 Saturdays ago and it was able to collect 2 Saturdays ago. The Qashqai we got is a £15000, 58 reg. Tekna, 2.0 diesel which had done 8000 miles (roughly) prior to purchase and was in perfect condition.

We've had it since 1.5 weeks ago and we've started to notice a few problems - initially minor problem but now quite serious. As soon as we got back we noticed that the boot light didn't work, and we sent an email to the licensed Nissan dealer straight away, telling them of the problem. Then 3 days ago, the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) warning light came up on the dashboard. It said in the drivers manual that we should take it for a 20 minute trip at high speeds to clear it and the light should go off. We went for a 40 minute trip at 60mph but the light has stayed on and has not gone off since. The manual said if the light does not go off, we should not drive the car because it will make the problem worse and could damage the car. And so my mum has just had her Qashqai sitting on her drive and has not been able to drive it to school (where she works) and so surely we can get a refund for the car 'failing to function adequately'? Then yesterday, my mum just went to the boot to get her coat out the boot and the boot handle just snapped off in her hand! She didn't force it, she didn't do anything out of the ordinary, she just pressed the button, and tried raising the boot and the handle just came off in her hand!!! The handle is now just hanging by its electric cables and we can't do anything with the car because the plastic clips holding it on, snapped off when the handle came off!!! We naturally sent an email to the salesman alerting him of the problem, asking him what he will do to help us, like we have done after every problem we found with the car, but we havnt received an email response to any of our emails.

My parents are just distraught because their dream car purchase (which I constantly persuaded them that they should buy) has now turned into a nightmare!! We can't drive it, my mum can't use it to get to work and so it feels like 15 grandmas just gone down the drain! What makes it worse is my dad works in Germany and so he can't help us and so my mum is really struggling to cope with her work demands and sorting out the car!

I really think we should get a refund because the car was not sold to us as advertised (the boot light has never worked), and the car has 'failed to function adequately' (the DPF problem has prevented us from driving it, and the boot handle should not come off after only 1.5 weeks usage (although the car is second hand, it had a service by the dealer before we bought it and so no boot handle should be expected to last only 1.5 weeks!!).

What can we do to get a refund for our nightmare Qashqai?

Surely we can get a refund?!

My parents never want to see the car ever again because it's just ruining their life at the moment and its making me heartbroken to see them this sad and depressed!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have you spoken to the dealer? For all you know the salesman that you are emailing may be on holiday. We found it pointless emailing comanies with a complaint as most ignore the email. Under SOGA they have the right to inspect it first and to offer a repair before a refund. Diesel cars fitted with a DPF are not very good for short runs

Most of the posters on here do not deserve the help we experts give. So I've pretty much given up giving any...................................

You are only 17 and doing exactly the right thing for your parents. You deserve some help.

Maybe a different tack would help. If you feel confident enough ring the Dealer and try and speak to the Sales Manager. Tell him that your e-mails are going unamswed. As for a vehicle change, many franchised Dealers operate a 28 Day change program. You wont get your money back so easily but you can ask. However you might be able to change the vehicle for another one your mum will like just as much.

The sales manager will be able to assist.

If you don't get very far, PM me with the Dealers details and I'll get back to you.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Yes I think you are jumping the gun a little. You must contact the dealer by phone and see what they say. Its highly likely that they will send someone out to take a look at the car and possibly take it back to the dealership. I think its too early to be thinking of attemptong a refund.

Previous posts give good advice, but why can't you take car back to selling dealer and ask that all defects be rectified or can they give you an exchange. Under SOGA, the seller must be given fair chance to rectify defects before you are able to ask for a refund.

How far is school from home? if journey is short then as previously said a diesel may not be your best choice.

These DPF filters have completely ruined the diesel engine especially for people who drive short distances. Some of us have asked our MP's to bring about rules wherebye cars fitted with DPF are clearly marked at point of sale. We predict that in future there will be many complaints associated with DPF where the buyer was completely ignorant of the hazzards associated with this fitment.

All for what??? To perpetrate the myth of global warming caused by emmissions!!!!!!!:mad2:

Edited by scaniaman
dippit

How far is school from home? if journey is short then as previously said a diesel may not be your best choice.

These DPF filters have completely ruined the diesel engine especially for people who drive short distances. Some of us have asked our MP's to bring about rules wherebye cars fitted with DPF are clearly marked at point of sale. We predict that in future there will be many complaints associated with DPF where the buyer was completely ignorant of the hazzards associated with this fitment.

There could even be an element of mis-selling here. If the salesman was specifically told that the car would only be used for short journeys on a regular basis, he should have advised you that a Diesel car was most certainly not the option for you, as it would always have problems with the DPF unless you took it on regular, long distance, high speed journeys. If it's just a quick 10 minute drive to work and back twice a day, then a Diesel was never going to last and you should have been advised to go with a Petrol engine.