Reconstituted Agreement - People's Credit Card, that was taken over by Citibank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would value another opinion on what to do next and will give a brief history to outline the major points.

It is in regard to an old account that originated with a People's Credit Card, that was taken over by Citibank, I believe that this account was sold to a DCA during 2002, but I have not received written proof.

2002 DCA purchased account balance of £2885

2005-2007 Token payments made

2007 CCA requested

2007 Account collection on hold

2011 Letter received demanding payment

2011 Reconstituted agreement received

2011 Interest has accrued from 2007-2011, balance now just over £7000

The letter accompanying the generic agreement and t&c's states; "that the reconstituted agreement complies with section 77/78 of the CCA and is a true copy, enforcement means that we are able to obtain a CCJ against you."

I sent a CPUTR 2008 request and their response states; "I can confirm that we have been unable to obtain a copy of your original signed agreement, however, the reconstituted agreement fulfills our obligations and we intend to initiate legal proceedings."

It is my intention to SAR Citibank and see exactly what they do hold, I do not recollect a signed agreement and as it would appear, there is not one available, so how can they prove that it is a true copy?

I am not attempting debt avoidance, the CCA request was made to buy me time, due to being unemployed, but I have no intention of paying the inflated amount that they are now demanding.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Don't know if i'm coming or going!

i would expect you have paid far more than what they purchased the loan for.

an SAR will not give you any agreement stuff unless you ask for it by an inserted line specifically.

have you checked your CRA file?

a dca will go no-where near a court with this lemon.

and the DCA is?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hello dibsthefrenchie i almost fell about laughting some Dca's do try it on . there statment about recon's only works for them if the account was opened after 2007. so as this account was opened befor 2007 they need the oridginal cca.

also how can they charge you intrest on the account when they cannot prove they have a right to as they cannot find they oridginal agreement. now put the s**t's up them by claiming all the charges back and watch them run for the hills.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS