Help needed: Repair - **resolved ** - I sent an email to the CEO

AndyK93
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased an Advent Modena Laptop from the PCWORLD website on 09/08/2010. Roughly 6 weeks later I had to send it for repair due to a webcam malfunction and various parts were changed, At this point I decided to buy a WHATEVER HAPPENS policy.

The laptop has since been away numerous times, and each repair has caused other problems as the recovery partition has not been reinstalled and the copy of windows has not been validated and one time I was even sent the wrong charger. Each time I have had to spend time and money on the phone trying to rectify each fault.

I decided to have a look on the 'Knowhow' website to have a look at the T&C's & benefits of my policy. I was quite surprised that they have a benefit called which states a ‘No Lemons Guarantee which states if your computer goes wrong after 3 repairs you can request a replacement’ I then read on to read the small print which states ‘If you have originally purchased a product labelled as ‘previously owned’ or ‘non-pristine’ our 7 day and 21 day promises do not apply and you will receive vouchers to the value of the original price paid’

After reading that I was then wondering why I was rejected a replacement when I was on the phone to an advisor after my laptop had broken for the fourth time. I asked if a replacement of the product was possible and the advisor said that it wasn’t and all that they could do is get it collected to be repaired again.

I received a call in response to my last letter dated 3rd August, 2011. I was informed by the advisor Marie, Customer Action Team, that if there was a problem when I received my laptop back from repair, I would be offered a replacement or give me my money back. I was satisfied with this and felt that my problem was being fairly dealt with. I feel I am being treated unfairly as when I asked to have my call transferred to Marie this was refused.

On Friday 12th August I received my laptop back from repair for the 7th time. I was handed the laptop & charger from your delivery driver and was asked to I signed the paperwork. It became apparent that the charger was the incorrect one for my laptop, it was a TOSHIBA charger and my laptop is an ADVENT laptop. I spoke to the delivery person who told me to contact the call centre once again. I thought that they might have changed the charger but the plug was incompatible. The lid of the laptop which had been replacement had deep scratches and would not go when rubbed with a cloth.

I then rang the number that 'Marie' gave me if any problems occurred on return. When I finally got to a human voice I asked to be put through to MARIE in the CUSTOMER ACTION TEAM. It seemed like the advisor ignored me so I repeated it and the advisor on the phone told me that this wasn’t possible. She then transferred me to Technical Support.

When I was transferred, I was told that my laptop would need to be sent for replacement again! The useless advisor told me this would enable them to replace the top lid and locate my charger. Further into the call, I was told that the laptop would be sent away for one week which is quite ridiculous for just replacing the charger & changing the lid as this would take twenty minutes as I have done it myself on another laptop. I was very dissatisfied with this service, as a student I have got coursework to complete over the summer break and I have no laptop to use.

My was sent away on 14th October 2011 for repair due to a hard drive failure which is surprising as it was only returned less than a month ago to the last repair. Just after 38 days of it fully working, it developed the Hard drive fault again, once again I phoned up 'knowhow' to sport out a repair and the guy on the phone said because it is the same problem that has occurred as last time within a two month period I am going to ask for it to be wrote off. On hearing this I was very pleased because I was going somewhere, and he told me to take it into my nearest PCworld/ Currys to sort it getting repaired as it couldn’t get collected from home. Took it in and repeated the conversation I had, and the girl behind the counter said it should be back within a few days. Once I got home I decided to check the ref number I was given and it said that it would be completed on Monday 28th Nov....but last night when I checked it, the date had changed to the 5th December. I was quite ****ed off on seeing this so once again I phone them up and the guy said on the phone. The product has been repaired and is awaiting delivery back to the store. At this point I interrupted him and said that I was booked in for a write off not a repair and the guy then said that a write off wasn’t mentioned and it was just in a for a standard repair. What do I do now, it was booked in for a write-off but they haven’t done that they have repaired it. I am a student and need my laptop in my studies and can no longer rely on this laptop as personally I think that it not fit for purpose. No product should have to be returned so many times in one year for repair.

I just don’t know what to do about my laptop anymore it is beyond a joke, I have thought about seeking advice from Trading Standards about to suitability of this product but I am not sure if I have a strong enough case and if any good will come out of this. I know that they have broken a few laws (since I am doing business studies) but they are not arsed about them. I just need a reliable laptop that I can use for my studies. I have thought about selling it and buying elsewhere but I won’t get all of the money back from the price what I paid for it.

pers i'd email the CEO

the ad is in many threads here.

you paid extra unnecessary money for a warranty that you did not need

SOGA covers you for what has happened.

pers i'd demand the whatever happens money back

and demand it is replaced under SOGA

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks, I have thought about emailing the CEO,

but im not sure on what i would put into the email and how i can word it.

I am dyslexic so i find writing emails/letters to people difficult which would explain if my first post doesn't make sense sometimes.

If i did get my Whatever Happens money back, id be made up.

If what your saying is true i am paying £7 per month for no reason and if i got it back id have allot of money to play with,

but im my opinion i highly doubt that they will refund me the money back.

But hey its worth a try isnt it. Just need to think on how i would say this in an email to the CEO and what topics i should cover etc.

just copy him your first msg here

thats his problem to work it out

as for getting the 'warranty' fees back - as its worthless.

it would be a good win!

worth a try.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I could do, i suppose it shows every point of communication that i have with DSG and the problems that i have had. I'll have a look for his email and then just copy and paste it and wait for his reply. Since you mentioned it, i'll mention about getting the whatever happens fee back but its unlikely that i will get it but its worth a try aint it. This forum has been very helpful to me today, Thanks CAG!

I sent an email to the CEO and i have just received a call saying that my case has now been taken to the head of department (didn't say which department) and it has been taken to the executive manager and they will be in contact with me again within the next 48hours. Thanks dx100uk and others that have helped.

Looks like im finally getting somewhere!:-D

My problem has been sorted. Paul from the senior leadership team has issued me with vouchers towards a new laptop. Everything has been delt with same day. Thanks everyone that has helped me! :-D :-D :-D :-D

well done

thread title changed

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover itsexpenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

dx

and they