• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help with Lloyds TSB PPI (Asset Card)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a reply from Lloyds asking for a signature in order to process the request. (The cheque used for payment was from my partners bank account, so obviously its not on there.)

Is this required for a SAR or are they trying it on?

They do give me the option of going to my local branch with some form of ID to collect it instead though!

Which is best?

MP.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

branch if its not miles away

however there is no harm in signing the request

its not as if its them after YOU.

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

branch if its not miles away

however there is no harm in signing the request

its not as if its them after YOU.

dx

dx

Branch is only about 1 1/2 miles away in town so not very far at all.

I already have the credit agreement for this account anyway and it already has my signature on it, so it's not as if they might lift it!

MP.

• 1 month later...

Well by my reckoning the 40 days are up and still no SAR!:-(

Will the fact that they returned the request to ask for a signature have reset the clock, or is a signature not mandatory?

The cheque has been cashed by the way.

MP.

• 3 weeks later...

Fuming!!!:-x:-x:-x

I have received a letter from Lloyds TSB stating that because I no longer have any active accounts with them, they cannot send my SAR documents to my house.

It must instead be sent to a branch of my choice where I must show some form of ID to collect the parcel.

In their previous letter they gave me either option, and I decided to sign the acknowledgement form in order to receive them through the post.

Also, to see if they "used" the signature for anything else.

This SAR request is now really overdue, yet Lloyds dont seem to care that they are in breech of the Data Protection Act.

Are there any requirements that if an account(s) is no longer active, then SAR documents cannot be sent through the post?

I've had other defunct accounts sent through the post, so why not this one.

I do not want to go to town and collect the parcel, I want it sent through the post.

Any advice as to a suitable reply letter?

Thanks,

MP.

no but it does happen

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Bump.........

Is there anything within the Data Protection Act which states that if an account is no longer active, then documents from a SAR request must be collected from a bank branch with some form of ID?

MP.

Not as far as I am aware

Thanks for your replies.

This whole thing is getting beyond a joke now.

My initial SAR request was sent to LLoyds in December which went missing in the post.

Now this one has gone well past the 40 day mark, yet Lloyds continue to play games.

Surely if this was Lloyds policy, then when they asked for my signed authority,

they should have also made it clear then that this was the case.

But no, they gave me the option of having it sent to me at home.:???::???:

Can I force them to send me through the post?

MP.

Not sure you can force them...they may just carry on playing silly billies.

Why not arrange to pop into a branch and get it....might save you a lot of time and grief.

As an added extra, lodge a formal compliant with the ICO about it too.

i s

I know where you are coming from. It would be easier just to collect it in branch. It's just the principal of the matter.

I've been reading up on ICO complaints. It seems they always try to get you to resolve the dispute with the company first before making an official complaint.........Hmmm LOL

MP.

• 2 months later...

Well, after many months I finnally have all my SAR documents, all 750 or so pages of it!!!

Most interesting reading I must say.

Looks like this account will run into the tens of thousands of ppi refund if I am correct and subsequently successful as the account was started in 1999.

It also turns out that they have officially written the account off in October 2011 citing "unenforceable CCA" as the reason.

This seems to back up the fact that I haven't heard anything from either LTSB or any DCA this year.

So now that question:

Do I let sleeping dogs lie or go for the ppi?

I've not done any full calculations yet, but I rekon that they owe me at least double the outstanding balance on the account.

In another twist, I've also found ppi on a loan I took out in 1998, yet I thought it did not have it attached.

Obviously added it without my knowledge! No CCA or anything, just screen printouts from when the loan was approved entitled "fixed term loan with insurance".

I feel another letter coming on!!!!!!!!!

MP.

the PPI will all be yours

GO GET 'em

dx

and they

How do you think the best way to go about this is then?

As already stated earlier in the thread,

LTSB have already rejected my initial PPI claim,

as have the FOS,

with the main reason being that the application form stated the ppi was optional.

(Even though I never filled it out, the sales adviser did).

Do you think a fresh prelim letter to LTSB along with a SOC, then following up with an LBA?

My concern with this is that it will be well over the £5,000 small claims limit, so i'll be liable for costs if I lose.

MP.

• 1 month later...

Had put this on the back burner due to other commitments, but need some advice here please.

I've just received a notice of assignment letter from Lloyds and 1st Credit ltd which states that the account has been "assigned in all of its respective rights, title and interest" to 1st Credit.

The letter also includes a standard 1st Credit introduction letter asking for the balance in full etc.

Now I know 1st credit can be aggressive as i've had dealings with them in the past, so what is my best option now?

The account is still in serious dispute with Lloyds for the ppi and not having a valid cca or original t's and c's, so can they legally sell it on?

Also, who do I now chase the ppi for, as the letter seems to state that 1st Credit are responsible for all such enquiries?

Thanks in advance,

MP.

nope PPI to the OC always

your case is rather like another on here a while back.

did you tell theses muppets that the sales advisor

filled the form out?

as for wetcloths

ignore them.

tell them gladly see you in court as the balance is all PPI

dx

and they

Hi,

Its not Wescott now, they were defeated a while back. 1st Credit have now bought the account according to notice of assignment.

Not told them anything about the initial ppi sale yet, only got the letter this morning. Will get an account in dispute letter drafted to them tonight.

As for Lloyds and the ppi, given that the FOS rejected my complaint, do I dive straight in and file a Court claim, or do I go down the prelim, LBA then Court route?

You dont have a link to the similar case do you? What was the outcome on that one?

MP.

no i cant remmber

pers i wouldn't bother keeping up letter tennis now

how many dca's have had it

as for the PPI

have you got a copy of the agreement?

dx

and they

The account has been passed around 6 DCA's up to now, plus Lloyds internal collections.

Iqor, Wescot, Allied, Robinson Way to name a few.

All returned to Lloyds when I reminded them of the disputes.

1st Credit are the only one's to have purchased the account though.

This is the only NoA received so far.

I have a copy (poor quality) of the original application form, filled out by their sales advisor,

with me only signing and dating the bottom.

PPI box ticked by the advisor also.

Original terms and conditions were on the reserve,

but are unreadable and missing the key prescribed info.

PPI terms and conditions were sent out to me some 4 month after the account started

and after the initial cooling off period without penalty had elasped for cancelling.

I still have the original copy of these from 1999,

but Lloyds no longer have a copy of them. (Or at least they never sent them in the SAR).

I argued with the FOS that this also amounted to misselling as I wasn't given all the required info when I signed the agreement,

and wasn't aware that I could actually cancel the ppi.

They said that when they eventually arrived I should have realised then,

but TBA I never actually read through them fully with it being so long after the sale.

Plus I wasn't expecting to have been diddled by the bank anyway when they had said the ppi was compulsory,

so never even gave it a thought! Just filed them away.

MP.

Edited by makkapakka69
Extra info

right well i'd not bother playing letter tennis with the dca's anymore

prob part why you still get letters...dont pull the dogs' tail...

now the PPI.

i have one like yours [mine s 26yrs old]

whereby under their 'resonable approach' the FOS Omb s says the same thing.

how can i possibly remember after 26yrs !!!

TBH i fnd that insulting.

you CLEARLY remember that the rep ticked the box

you clearly remember not wanting or being told you must have it

or being 'led to believe' you would nt get the credit without it

the bottm line here is it was a commission sale by the rep...nice little earner huh!

i think it is very poor for the FOS to judge on what p'haps people do/do not remember

i's right back

clearly stating the box WAS ticked by the rep

the rep said i must take it out

PROVE otherwise.

dx

• Confused 1

and they

Right, thanks dx.

I'll start drafting up a new letter to LTSB.

Is it wise to include a SOC with the letter or wait for them to reply first?

They have only sent statements back from 2000 until default in 2008 with the SAR, but none from 1999.

Haven't totting up the amounts yet, but it will be quite a sum with interest on top.

Out of interest,

how did your case go, or is it still ongoing?

Did you end up going to court?

MP.

As an aside, does a Notice of Assignment need to be sent recorded delivery?

MP.

no its a worthess bit of paper.

dx

and they

Right, thanks dx.

I'll start drafting up a new letter to LTSB.

Is it wise to include a SOC with the letter or wait for them to reply first?

They have only sent statements back from 2000 until default in 2008 with the SAR, but none from 1999.

Haven't totting up the amounts yet, but it will be quite a sum with interest on top.

Out of interest,

how did your case go, or is it still ongoing?

Did you end up going to court?

MP.

only got my letter thursday after 3yrs of waiting.

as for the PPI months you dont know

use an avg of what you do.

did you ever send the FOS CQ in?

dx

and they