Visit from Scotcall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Misread your post as your Mum being chased, not you.

In what way are they threatening your mum? they shouldn't be discussing the details of the account with her unless you have provided authorisation.

As regards to you not being able to talk to them - what details don't match up? Your DOB or your adress?

• 1 month later...

By discussing (chasing) her Mum instead of her, wouldn't that be breaching the Data Protection Act as well?

I've only had one phonecall from Snotcrawl the first week of January so far this year and no further visits.

However, another reared it's head last night but I'll start a new thread for that as it's a new, very devious tactic that was used (and I fell for it, duh).

Just for info, the debt (a small one) relating to this thread was for a credit card I had which I had PIP for. They turned down my claim on the grounds that I was in "temporary" employment at the time and refused to pay out. My argument has always been since they refused to pay out for something I had paid for, then it was tit for tat.

By discussing (chasing) her Mum instead of her, wouldn't that be breaching the Data Protection Act as well?

Yes.

Just for info, the debt (a small one) relating to this thread was for a credit card I had which I had PIP for. They turned down my claim on the grounds that I was in "temporary" employment at the time and refused to pay out. My argument has always been since they refused to pay out for something I had paid for, then it was tit for tat.
There's nothing to stop you resubmitting the claim

• 5 months later...

Was woken this morning by someone knocking loudly on my door. Now, I'm not the nicest of people first thing in the morning. In fact, I don't become human in the mornings until I have had my coffee.

Looking through the spyhole in the door, I see a rather large man busy writing out something. Guessing it was Scotcall chasing my late husband for a "debt" from 2002 that was in dispute, therefore should never have been passed to a debt collection agency in the first place, and also it is statute barred - it's a 10 year old "debt", I was not best pleased.

Sure enough, this debt collector sticks an envelope through my door, addressed to my late husband with details to contact him on blah-blah number. I have had a few of these notes but until today, never managed to catch the culprit.

So, now being in an even worse mood, I shouted through the door "Oi! You!!!" Debt collector comes back down the path trying to look intimidating. Now, imagine the scenario. He's a big, menacing looking bloke and I'm not the height or build of tuppence.

Before he has the chance to open his mouth, I take the envelope, shoves the envelope with force between his clipboard and his chest snarling at him "And you can have THIS back. The boy died over a year ago, now foxtrot oscar my property and don't EVER come back!!!":mad2::mad2::mad2:

He looked completely taken aback and...scared :lol:

So, to any of you out there who have been harrassed, worried and intimidated by these parasites, I hope you have a chuckle at this.

Hmm. My coffee tastes even better this morning :becky:

I think you were far too polite. Many people would have punched him, in those circumstances. Good thing you are a lady and did not start hitting over his head with his clipboard. smile.gif

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You should now make a complaints to - Scotcall, the creditor AND the OFT.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think you were far too polite. Many people would have punched him, in those circumstances. Good thing you are a lady and did not start hitting over his head with his clipboard. smile.gif

I can assure you my language was not becoming of a lady LOL.

Forgot to mention he left my gate open so I yelled even more obscenities at him. He suddenly quickened his pace back to his car. Don't think he will dare come back here. If he does I will physically throw him off my property - and small though I might be, I am more than capable of doing that - I trained in the Martial Arts for years.

I also yelled at him that he was illegally chasing a statute barred debt that was in dispute and that I would be reporting him and his so-and-so company to the OFT.

Hmm. Wonder if I can sue Scotcall for causing worry, stress, harrassment and anything else I can think of...

Good for you Lady Python, this has put a much needed smile on my face.

Definitely follow Citizen Bs advice and make complaints, as unfortunately alot of us wouldn't have the nerve to stand up to these bullies, and because the person they are after is deceased could have had a completely different outcome for somebody not as strong as yourself.

Thanks for sharing, stories like this do encourage us to realise what no - power - numpties debt collectors really are.

Up2

If you make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman, they are in a position to award compensation. Whereas the OFT will only log your complaint.

If it were me, I would be writing to Scotcall and the oriignal creditors - to their Head/registered office in order that someone will take your complaint seriously.

You should head your letters OFFICIAL COMPLAINT.

Give them a deadline of say 4 weeks in order to respond positively to your complaints.

You should impress upon them that this has caused you great anguish - losing your husband is bad enough. To be harrassed by these bullies when they were made aware of this fact, is simply not on.

HTH

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The scared look on the bloke's face was priceless - I'm still chuckling yet. I will not be bullied or intimidated by anyone no matter how big they are. Nothing I like better than giving a bully his or her comeuppence. Shame my CCTV camera's broken otherwise I would have posted it on YouTube. Must invest in a new one. Glad it's put a smile on your faces and made someone's day. I really have a loathing of these parasites.