MCOL filed today!!

Don1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: No reply from HSBC at all??? Anyone else been in the same situation??

3rd August 2006 - Sent request for 6yrs statements

24th August 2006 - Received about 30 envelopes with last 6yr statements!!!

25th August 2006 - Sent Prelimary letter requesting refund - No Reply!

11th September 2006 - Sent LBA letter - No reply!!

25th September - Filed MCOL for £3521.03 plus £120 court fees

This also includes charges for £75 that they are due to take from my account 6th October!!

Lots of people dont hear from them until after filing. You'll hear from them pretty soon.

All you've done is missed out on their fob offs and BS. Much better to hear none of this stuff that makes your blood boil and get your 8% into the bargain! yay!

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

you will win. they havent a leg to stand on and I'd be amazed if it went to court. they'll settle before then, dont worry.

They settle my claim for my credit card before court action but that was only for £80 so not worth their time messing about with that one i guess.

I filed on Thursday regrding my current account so only 2 working day ahead of you. Will let you know what happens with my claim. Im pretty sure I will hear from their solicitors within the next day or so with regards to settling in full. Will keep you posted! Who knows, u may well get urs before me lol.

HSBC

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

I filed a week ago and the official letter from the court gave the 24th as the date it was filed - they give it time to get to HSBC by post.

On Friday / Saturday I had a letter from HSBC confirming that they intending to defend - that now gives them 28 days.

HSBC - 2 accounts - £5016.44 - WON!

Now going after them for my husbands account - £283.30. Prelim letter sent 26th October 2006.

so me and maria are on exact same time scale. On money claim it now shows they have acknowledged as of today. I cant wait to get my money back!

HSBC

i want a cheque too so I'll race ya!

HSBC

Hi Don1,

Looks quite common to me.

Had the standard "The charges are justified, go away etc" letters. Don't get disheartened. Just follow the steps to the letter, and I'm sure that it'll be o.k.

Even when you get to DG Solicitor stage, they're good at saying nothing!

Just sit tight.

Cap One - 16/08 Prelim £20.00

- 30/08 LBA

Barclays - 16/08 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

- 21/08 Letter returning cheque - complimentary statements to follow. No charge.

HSBC - 19/07 Prelim £2237.39 - No reply

- 03/08 LBA

- 09/08 Reply stating business not personal acct

- 14/08 2nd LBA - correct business one this time

- 22/08 Final refusal from HSBC. MCOL to follow soon!! Roll on pay day

Quick question, i filed MCOL yesterday, today online it shows judgement has started, but when i click on this it asks me ........

Do you wish to enter Judgment by Default or by Admission? Please select one of the options below:

spacer.gif The defendant has not filed an admission or defence to my claim

(Judgment by Default)

spacer.gif

You will need to decide, how and when you want the defendant to pay. You can ask for the Judgment to be paid by instalment or in one payment.

spacer.gif The defendant admits that all the money is owed

(Judgment by Admission)

spacer.gif

If the defendant has given a new address on the form of admission to which correspondence should be sent, update the defendant's details within the following Judgment request.

Is this something i need to select now or after the 14 days???

Had a letter from HSBC dated 25/09 but only received 28/09!! Saying that the charges are clearly stated in their terms and conditions and that they dont agree with these charges being refunded!!!!! Bit late already filed MCOL!!!! See what happens next!!!!

:confused: :confused:

24th August 2006 - Received about 30 envelopes with last 6yr statements!!! - ps Didnt charge £10 fee

This also includes charges for £75 that they are due to take from my account 6th October!!

28th September 2006 - Receive a letter from HSBC saying that charges are justified!!! Bit late MCOL already filed!

How long has it generally taken for you to receive your money once HSBC has acknowleged claim with MCOL???:confused:

24th August 2006 - Received about 30 envelopes with last 6yr statements!!! - ps Didnt charge £10 fee

28th September 2006 - Receive a letter from HSBC saying that charges are justified!!! Bit late MCOL already filed!

03rd October 2006 - HSBC Acknowledged MCOL

hi don1

im only 2 day ahead of you and i havent heard any news as yet. they have 28 days and i guess it depends on how bogged down they are. they'll get round to us eventually, dont worry lol.

i have read a few posts on here and they range from 2 to 4 weeks on actually having HSBC acknowledging the claim and then the customer recieving the cash with a few letters inbetween. some do take longer by the looks of the threads so i guess its different for everyone, im afraid :(

HSBC

I'm exactly in the same position as you don1 and kazzy77. I issued on the 25/09/06 and haven't heard anything accept the acknowledgement. Never been so excited about waiting for the postman in the mornings so much!! Glad i read this thread as i was getting impatient really want my money back ASAP! Least now i know it's something i have/haven't done.

They say patience is a virtual but come on HSBC for all of us

HSBC first account £694 pre lim sent 25/08/06,

LBA sent 09/09/06.

Offer recieved £500 20/09/06 REJECTED. :D

MCOL issued for £796 23/09/06

Full offer recieved 13/10/06 :D

Cheque £796 cashed:lol:

HSBC second account £1327 pre lim sent 09/09/06

LBA sent 23/09/06

Offer Recieved for £1150 Rejected :grin:

MCOL issued 16/10/06 £1500

Full offer recieved and cashed:D

Halifax sent for statments 02/10/06

its certainly frustrating feeling so close but not quite there, isnt it?! every day i think there may be some joy from the postie but it turns out to be nothing lol. it'll happen eventually. we have nowt to do but wait til the 23rd of oct, unless something happensd inbetween. :)

HSBC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have had a letter from Julie Kyle @ DG Solicitors yesterday asking for a breakdown of costs. Their 28 days is up the end of next week....They have only acknowledged the claim not defended.....Anyone have any idea what the next step will possibly be?????

Plus does anyone have an e-mail address for Julie Kyle so i can send a breakdown via post and e-mail..:confused:

Thanks

24th August 2006 - Received about 30 envelopes with last 6yr statements!!!

18th October 2006 - Letter from DG Solicitors asking for breakdown of costs

the most likely event is that when they recieve your breakdown (again) they will send u an offer to settle. u r nearly there! had my full refund offer this morning and their 28 days are up on tuesday for me so u aint far behind :D

HSBC