Sky Broadband | Existing Sky TV Customers | Be aware of the Small Print!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello!

In my research to try and reduce my Broadband costs, I researched Sky Broadband for existing Sky TV customers.

The offer almost seems to good to be true and it is. I wanted their unlimited Broadband offer, which us £7.50 per month, but for that you also need to buy Sky Talk and Line rental. It very clearly says on their website that the offer for both is £12.25 per month, a real bargain.

When you add this to your basket on line, all appears correct it totals to £12.25 and you also get 3 months Broadband free! Fantastic I thought. It cleverly shows you your new monthly amount including Sky TV, excellent, so you know exactly where you stand. I was very impressed.

But...when you click through to checkout, you will notice that it has a some fine print at the end of the checkout box, that shows a new monthly amount indicating that your total monthly amount goes up by £7.50 after "the offer ends".

So I called Sky and after 20 minutes wasting my time speaking to India, they could not help me and transferred me back to the UK, where after the agent discussed it with 2 of her colleagues, it appears that on the calculation, they discounted the line rental by £7.50 to take account of the free 3 months Broadband. There is no mention anywhere of this and on face value it appears as if you are getting the line rental at £4.75 per month and you won't. But you will get a discount for 3 months on your Broadband.

So the total cost per month for unlimited Broadband will be £19.75, which is not that bad, but could be better!

Success!

Michael

Ps. I have written a blog post about this and also recorded a video, which is inside the blogpost, you will see the link for wordpress below in my signature.