electronic payslips again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Where I work, they use electronic payslips. At Christmas the place closes, except for a few people who need to work. They propose to pay us, and make the electronic payslips accessible, during the last week of December, when we are not there. I fully expect the payslip will be there in January when we go back to work, but I think we're entitled to have them before or when we're paid and I'd like to get mine before we break up or else have a paper payslip sent to my house.

I've read the thread on this forum called 'Payslips via email is this legal' (sorry, I can't post a link) and I've looked at a summary of the Coales v John Wood case that is mentioned. Am I correct to think that it means they should provide the payslips automatically to everybody and I shouldn't need to ask? Am I being silly making a fuss?

You are entitled to your pay slip before, or when, you get paid.

Is there some important reason behind you wanting the pay slip then? If not, I'd wouldn't suggest kicking up a stink about it.

Thanks. There's no specific reason. I just think employers should follow the law and not try to sidestep it. Do you think asking for it is likely to cause trouble then?

I don't know, it depends on the employer. But it's not unheard of for employee's to 'have their card marked' merely for asserting a right.

Unless there's a specific need for you to be presented with the payslip at the exact time you're being paid, I'd let it slide. Maybe one day you might need your employer to give you a small degree of leeway regarding something.