From JSA to ESA am I eligible.

Lilly_Monroe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Great news! You will get a letter to attend a mandatory interview with Job Centre in about 1-2 months but its just a sit down and chat. So relax and enjoy less stress ;)

Work for my local CAB but my views and advice are my own. Try AdviceGuide or Adviceline (08444 111 444) for CAB help ;)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I passed my ESA medical and have been placed in the WRAG group.

So delighted.

Cannot think ahead, just got to go one day at a time from now on.

Lilly.

Congratulations. You must be the one in a thousand I've heard about.

Care to share your lottery numbers?

Great news! You will get a letter to attend a mandatory interview with Job Centre in about 1-2 months but its just a sit down and chat. So relax and enjoy less stress ;)

Yes, I have got to take it one day at a time from now on (which is easier said than done) but all the stress and thinking ahead, depresses me even further.

I am so relieved.

I am really surprised - because I am only just really coming to terms with my illness myself.

Also can I tell people who cannot get any help or people to go with them - I did this all on my own (simply because I had no choice) I am on my own.

Good Luck to everyone going down that path.

I know this is the first hurdle in what will be many.

Thanks

Lilly

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have my first interview with my advisor on Thursday I am claiming ESA and been placed in the WRAG group.

Can I please ask what is expected of me - do I have to go on any courses that are suggested, it is not that I do not want to - I know I could not complete any commitments at this stage.

Will I be penalised for refusing.

I am really worried that I will agree to something (as I am like that) fail, not go - and then lose all my benefits.

I am 55 and on ESA for depression, I have been signed over from cognative (SP) therapy to a psychiatrist life at the moment is not good - but I do not expect them to understand that.

So I am very worried.

They will sit you down try make a plan. Talk about a few things nothing in serious detail. Ask what would you like to do or what would you want to do to help get back into work I didnt have to attend training no.

They will sit you down try make a plan. Talk about a few things nothing in serious detail. Ask what would you like to do or what would you want to do to help get back into work I didnt have to attend training no.

Thank You

How often have you been - or how often will you have to go.

The problem is I have NO idea or even capable of making a plan at the moment.

I understand that because I am in the WRAG group I can do/claim something called permitted work - 16 hours a week for 52 weeks at £97.50 a week.

Does anyone know will this effect any of my other benefits.

As well as ESA I get council tax paid and help towards my mortgage.

I would really like to partake in this scheme but have to work out if I would lose financially.

Thanks

It will not affect your CTB or mortgage interest payments.

Your earnings will count as taxable income, which may be an issue if they would take you over your personal allowance for the tax year, but otherwise there should be no effect.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It will not affect your CTB or mortgage interest payments.

Your earnings will count as taxable income, which may be an issue if they would take you over your personal allowance for the tax year, but otherwise there should be no effect.

Oh thanks for that.

No, the earnings would be small, I suffer from depression but I do craft work - so my advisor who was lovely put this idea to me.

Which would be great for me.

Help me get back out there, and give me some confidence back.

Just wanted to say I had my WRAG personal advisor meeting on Thursday and she was very helpful and supportive.

So can I just say please do not pre-judge it or them - wait and see.

I know sometimes it does not go well.

Thanks again.

Lily, I think the Permitted Work Scheme for ESA is very under appreciated. It's a great scheme and I'm still optimistic about finding a way to use it. As mentioned earlier, it shouldn't affect CTB or HB. But, if you want to feel certain, just give the council a ring and enquire. They should be aware of the scheme. Also, I understand, plans are being mooted to make the scheme far longer than just the one year which would be a good thing.

I agree about the WRAG advisors, when I last did it they were absolutely superb and very supportive.

Good luck...

Lily, I think the Permitted Work Scheme for ESA is very under appreciated. It's a great scheme and I'm still optimistic about finding a way to use it. As mentioned earlier, it shouldn't affect CTB or HB. But, if you want to feel certain, just give the council a ring and enquire. They should be aware of the scheme. Also, I understand, plans are being mooted to make the scheme far longer than just the one year which would be a good thing.

I agree about the WRAG advisors, when I last did it they were absolutely superb and very supportive.

Good luck...

Thank you - it would be good if they could/did extend it.

Yes, I came out of the interview with some hope and self belief, something I have not had for ages. Considering the pressure and lack of time they are under (it cannot be an easy job) she really did her best to try and help me (she asked me) never told me what I should and should not do (she asked)!! I was so taken back, I nearly damn cried (which is easy any way these days):-):-) but you get the picture.

To know if able, I can legally make a bit extra from my craft work - without the worry of someone reporting me. (always people ready to do that) is a nice feeling.

Thanks

Lilly

• 2 weeks later...

The time it takes to send out results is shocking especially when they only give you a month to submit a GL24.

Perhaps we should be able to "time out" the DWP?

mine took 12 weeks...funnily enough and i don't know if this is a trend but, i gained 0 points with a recommendation from the so-called doctor..and i use the term loosely....that i could return to work in 3 months...now i am not too good on the modern maths in use today..but isn't 12 weeks approx 3 months?..so upshot IB was to stop immediately and claim for esa refused...now appealing.just wonder why they sat on it for best part of 12 weeks?

At least you had a doctor.

I had mine with a nurse.

Complete waste of time.

She even had to look at the sheets that were inside my tablet boxes!

mine took 12 weeks...funnily enough and i don't know if this is a trend but, i gained 0 points with a recommendation from the so-called doctor..and i use the term loosely....that i could return to work in 3 months...

I'm confused - I was told if you were found fit for work now, you don't get ESA. But, if it's recommended you could return to work within 3 months or whenever, you'd get ESA?

I was being moved from IB to ESA so my IB continued for the 3 months they kept hold of the paperwork...informing me 1 week before it ended that i had been refused ESA ....the reason I know it was 3 months was because i asked and got the 'medical' report....hope that clarifies.....if I was ill and just starting to claim ESA then what you have said would apply..however, and here is the catch...i dont think they would state you will be automatically cured after 3 months...because remember you are either fit for work immediately following 'medical'...or..you are put in the WRAG group where you are automatically cured after 1 year....or you are really so desperately ill/disabled that you get put in the support group....however, from what i read around here you have more chance of winning the lottery

• 3 months later...
Sorry for asking - but I claim ESA what can I claim back, and what can banks etc not do.

I have just paid £12 for a late payment one of a few over the last 18 months.

BCOBS

and notice of appropriation

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...