From JSA to ESA am I eligible.

Lilly_Monroe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Antone.

When I get to the medical centre I have two choices climb up 26 flights of stairs or the lift (which I hate).

The fact I have climbed those stairs will go against me I know, but the lift well I just could not do it.

I can only give them answers to what they ask I know it will not be enough to win, so hope I get to appeal.

If they ask me if I can lift a box down (well yes I can) they will know I can walk - got there, and climbed the stairs.

What they cannot see is inside my mind and how I live (or do not live) the almost recluse, neither can they ever understand what Mondays medical will do to me mentally.

I can only be honest, and I know that does not get you anywhere today.

Lilly

Thanks HB

I printed it off, it is my bible:-)

Lilly

The mere fact that you showed up for the medical can't be used against you.

It is true, though, that everything you do from the moment you arrive at the ATOS medical centre can and will be observed.

To Lilly_Monroe: keep sending medical certificates until you hear the result of your medical and, if you intend to appeal, keep sending them after that as well.

They will

One question they ask is

"How did you get here today"

At my "medical my GF took me to my medical , I explained this and said I never go out without someone with me.

Getting different buses could in their mind show you are mentally able to do tasks, and also physically able too.

They will

One question they ask is

At my "medical my GF took me to my medical , I explained this and said I never go out without someone with me.

Getting different buses could in their mind show you are mentally able to do tasks, and also physically able too.

I cannot help what they think...I either get the damn bus or I do not attend and get sanctioned.

I have no one at all to go with me - I have no one at all full stop who helps with anything - that is the truth of it all.

What they think and feel well I can do no more about that, than fly to the moon.

I am depressed not brain dead - though I accept the mere fact that I am breathing means I am fit to work in their eyes.

If I was mentally well I would not be taking medication as it does you no good in the long run - I am not taking it for fun.

This is only the 2nd time in 25 years plus that I have asked for help, if they deem me a scrounger then I cannot change that, other than try and fight for my rights.

I no more want to get on that bus and face them then eat s**t but they call the shots.

Lilly

I was asked how i got there too i explained i got a lift there as i was not able to drive due to my problem which he agreed would be a problem still got 0 points for everything and im not able to use my hands at all

They will

One question they ask is

I had my ESA medical yesterday (after thinking it was Monday)!!

Anyway I saw a GP who was so nice I could not believe it.

He asked me some questions, (and I told the truth) no embellishments just in my own way, as I had on the form.

He told me I had filled the form in very well.

Said sorry for making me have to go through this - and then after about 10 mins told me he was writing to tell them to leave me where I was as I needed time.

After all the horror stories I have read on here I just wanted to give people some hope and belief.

Getting there on my own did not go against me (as some suggested on here) which really scared me) but I had NO choice, it was that or not go, and you cannot not go.

Yes the whole thing made me feel ill leading up to it - but I faced my demons and did it.

I expect I will be placed in the support group but that is fine with me - might even help me progress as I do not want to be ill for ever.

I will wait to hear from them and then take it from there.

Just hope that is what comes through on the paper work.

Thanks to all those who gave me help and advice.

Lilly

Im so glad it turned out well for you :D

Thank You - I was just so surprised I really was.

It is hard when you have to fight everything on your own, hard enough when well, let alone ill.

Hope it gives other people some hope.

Lilly

Hi Lilly, thats really good news and I hope that you receive it in writing soon.

Hi Kelcou, I have seen you on this forum over the last 2 years and its unbelievable that you are still on the assessment phase. I really hope that you will have a happy outcome very soon as you have always been so supportive of everyone on this site. What stage are you at now if you dont mind me asking?

Kind regards, JB

Do they sometimes tell you - you have passed, and then you don't.

Lilly

Lilly when I came out of my medical I felt that the HCP had been really sympathetic and I felt like I had passed then I felt like I had second guessed myself and that perhaps they had just been nice to draw more information out of me. However that wasn't the case at all it turns out that their report to the dwp must have been very much in my favour as I was placed in the support group when I was expecting to go into the wrag at best or more likely to appeal.

Ultimately you cannot tell before you get your letter or call from the DWP and ultimately it is up to them. I have heard and read so many bad stories about people being misrepresented by atos that it is difficult not to believe them but on the other hand it is important to remember that few people come on to tell you when they are successful so you only hear the bad news a lot of the time.

Basically I would not make any assumptions until you get notification from the DWP but if your ATOS HCP has said he will advise that you should stay on ESA for now that is a pretty good indication you will stay on ESA. I think they will make more use of more frequent reassessments from now on in though as I do think the government is determined to move away from having all but a tiny minority on long term disability benefits. If your on it they will expect you to improve I think I just don't want to see those who do need support lose it which is clearly happening at the moment.

... Hi Kelcou, I have seen you on this forum over the last 2 years and its unbelievable that you are still on the assessment phase...

Isn't it? I was actually leafing through an old diary the other day and saw a note for what I am sure was my first ESA payment - 17th of November 2008. That means I am now into my 170th week at the assessment rate. Has to be a record! Granted, I'm into my third claim but each has run continually from the preceding one. That means I have saved the Government over £4,000 in much needed extra premiums. To be honest, I feel that I am now completely conditioned to wallowing in the muddy shallows of the assessment phase ... :|

• 2 weeks later...
How long is it before you get your ESA medical results mine was two weeks ago.

Can you ring and ask them - or would that go against you.

Lilly

It took 8 days for my decision letter after medical im happy now no more stress for a while at least.

Read my thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?341676-Had-ATOS-Medical-On-The-7th-Feb%281-Viewing%29-nbsp

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

You can ring them and they can tell you the results over the phone, if your assessment was 2 weeks ago they will have them now.

If the assessment was not successful ask straight away for a copy and an appeal form to be sent to you.

Good Luck hope all goes well:)

• 2 weeks later...