Received a NTO but not the PCN - pls help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys.

I received this attached NTO early Nov 2011.

I didnt receive a PCN at all so Redbridge council want the full amount

I was parked for a few mins on a single yellow line and popped to the shop to find the Ceo looking at my car.

The Ceo had just started to enter my car details

He wasnt able to take any pictures of where my car was positioned or my tax disc details

Can anyone advise on what I can do to relieve the situation

Justin

parkingtktnto.jpg

As you've received the NTO you will need to contest the charge with TEC at Northampton. As you've probably exceeded the 36 days of the PCN you will need to lodge an 'witness statement' . There are four grounds upon which the witness statement can be based:

1) You have not received the notice to owner, penalty charge notice or enforcement notice

2) You may representations to the local authority but you did not receive a rejection notice and

3) You made an appeal to the Parking/Traffic adjudicator and received no response.

The TEC have a dedicated helpline and will help respondents by sending out the appropriate forms to complete. Tel number for TEC 0845 704 5007

Good luck

As you've received the NTO you will need to contest the charge with TEC at Northampton. As you've probably exceeded the 36 days of the PCN you will need to lodge an 'witness statement' . There are four grounds upon which the witness statement can be based:

1) You have not received the notice to owner, penalty charge notice or enforcement notice

2) You may representations to the local authority but you did not receive a rejection notice and

3) You made an appeal to the Parking/Traffic adjudicator and received no response.

The TEC have a dedicated helpline and will help respondents by sending out the appropriate forms to complete. Tel number for TEC 0845 704 5007

Good luck

This is complete nonsense. At the NTO stage you are inside the appeals framework. There is no need (and in fact it is impossible) to involve TEC or file a witness statement.

The appeals framework allows you to make written representations (which is to say, write a letter of appeal) directly to the council. You appear to have been sent a standard NTO, so you have grounds to appeal on the basis that the PCN was not served. (They should have sent you a "reg 10" PCN.)

This is what I would advise you do - from what you say, there will be no evidence that a PCN was ever served and you should win, although you might have to take things further - see what happens.

Be prepared for them to reject your representations - they often do, even when you are in the right. Should this happen you will have to apply to take the case to adjudication. It's free to do - but for now, wait and see how your appeal goes.

Hi guys.

I received this attached NTO early Nov 2011.

I didnt receive a PCN at all so Redbridge council want the full amount

I was parked for a few mins on a single yellow line and popped to the shop to find the Ceo looking at my car.

The Ceo had just started to enter my car details

He wasnt able to take any pictures of where my car was positioned or my tax disc details

Can anyone advise on what I can do to relieve the situation

Justin

Had a recent one from here where the CEO was telling porkies.

What you have is a ghoster -- which is more common than you think

His pocket book notes can normally give the game away.

Agreed about the scan -- can we see this more clearly please.

Yes jamberson is correct Redbridge reject even if you are legally parked so throw the kitchen sink at this one.