Council Tax & Housing Benefit...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know if MCC Council Tax have a problem with private mail boxes as the landlord's correspondence address...?

I am a landlord and my tenant recently received a letter from MCC Revenue and Benefits Unit requesting him to provide personal information about myself, until the tenant does so they have suspended his housing benefit. They have not had a problem with paying housing benefit since July 2010 when the tenant first moved in so cannot understand why they have one now. Prior to this had a tenant who moved in July 2009 and claimed HB and still had no problem. There has been no change in my correspondence address or for that matter the tenant’s circumstances

They are basically black mailing the tenant to get to me

Here is a list of the questions they want answering:

You have previously told me that your landlord is XXX and you have given his address as XXX.

However, our Council Tax records do not show XXX liable for Council Tax or business rates at this address.

Therefore we need to confirm either XXX residential address or business address (there should be a Council Tax or business rate liability for the address he is living at)

If XXX does not live in the UK we still need his address abroad.

If XXX is XXX’s business address please ask them to provide evidence to confirm this.

Please note if XXX is living out of the UK he will need a landlord/agent in the UK.

1. Please tell me the residential address or business address for XXX.

I I will need to see evidence of this. For example Council Tax bill or business rates bill.

2. Please tell me the name and address of your landlord/agent if you have one.

Signed

Any advice/suggestions greatly appreciated