How to stop DVLA from giving out my details requested by Car Parking Companies

dy2cakc1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

i was recently parked for 4 hours, 1 hour past the 3 hour limit at a tesco carpark.

A few weeks later i got a letter advising me I have to pay £70.

I called DVLA and asked them why they would give out my details without my permission to a car parking company.

They said that if the car parking companies have signed up with the DVLA and if they show reasonable cause that the rules/offence have been broken then the DVLA were legally obliged to hand over vehicle details.

is there anyway (apart from not over parking) to prevent my details from being given to these companies from the DVLA?

is there anyway (apart from not over parking) to prevent my details from being given to these companies from the DVLA?

Nope.

Although for the DVLA to claim they are "legally obliged to hand over details" is stretching the truth somewhat!

1) You can get your car registered to a PO BOX address

2) The DVLA release the RK data on the strict understanding that the PPC will request the driver's details from the RK. If the PPC fails to do so and simply targets the RK with threats etc then the RK data has been unlawfully used. As the PPCs use generic letters then a complaint to the Chief Executive Mr Simon Tse (email address here [email protected]) is essential. It is absolutely vital that you include the phrase I want to be absolutely clear and ensure that you understand that this is not a dispute about parking this is a complaint regarding the misuse and abuse of the registered keepers personal and private data.

3) Complain to the British Parking Association that the generic Parking Charge Notice, because it targets the registered keeper and either doesn't ask for driver details or make it clear that it is the driver who is liable then the Parking Charge Notice is in clear breach of the BPA AOS Code of Practice - email this guy, Steve Clark, the Head of the BPA AOS:- [email protected]

• 1 month later...

just dont pay the speculative invoice

its got no legal standing anyhow

simples...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

just dont pay the speculative invoice

its got no legal standing anyhow

simples...

dx

It has according to the DVLA and that provides the 'convincer' in the [problem] to the recipient, the recipient is led to assume that it is 'lawful' because the DVLA, a government agency, have provided the registered keeper data.

What more could you ask for, the government rubber stamping your threat-o-grams, it's Christmas everyday!

What does RK and PPC mean (PPC=Private Parking Companies)?

Rk = Registered Keeper, PPC you have worked out already :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

What help is using a PO Box number to avoid a bit of junk mail from a PPC? There is a cost to a PO Box which you will have to pay month after month and you will have to still collect and read all the mail as there may be official letters in there using the DVLA recorded address such as you VED reminder or, if you are unlucky, a police letter regarding speeding or something.

Let them write to you at your home address, then ignore it like all your other junk mail.

strange idea

you'll pay more in po box fees than the unlawful speculative invoices

that you dont have to pay in the first place!

good logic here batman

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well the whole point is not giving out my proper address!

I dont mind paying an additional PO bOX fee.

Im sure there are lots of other people out there who feel the same????

Do what I do.. save all the junk mail up and once a month, I pop it in an envelope and address it to one Junk Mail offender.. with no Stamp and pop it in the post box. If any of them provide a pre addressed envelope.. even better :lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D