Court Papers Received shoesmith old Mint Card A/C

BillyTommo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long story short, several cards, ever increasing APR, stopped paying most about 8 months ago. Cue phone calls and letters. CCA'd Mint regarding my account with them. They supplied the attached information.

RBS APP FORM ADJ.jpg

Since then I have had letters from both Triton and, latterly, Shoosmiths. They have just sent me court papers which I have 14 days to reply to, (followed a day later by another Shoosmith letter reinforcing the points that they had sent me a couple of days before!

I'm unsure of my next course of action and would greatly appreciate any advice provided. I was thinking of requesting the time allowed for a response is extended to 28 days to give myself a bit more time.

Edited by BillyTommo
Wrong file attatched

CCA'd RBS and got this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31632[/ATTACH]

Then received this [ATTACH=CONFIG]31636[/ATTACH]

Followed by a reminder two days later![ATTACH=CONFIG]31635[/ATTACH]

Apologies for messing up my first post. It is my first time trying to attach images.

RBS APP FORM ADJ.jpg

Too small to decipher Billy re upload using photo Bucket or similar.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the reply. This is the first time I've tried to upload. I've created a Photobucket account and uploaded all of the documents, minus all the personal details, and I will try and insert a link here:

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g378/billytommo68/?albumview=slideshow

If I can make the information simpler then just let me know. Time is of the essence so if anyone could have a look then I would greatly appreciate it.

TIA again

BT

The claim was issued 14th Nov you have 33 days in total to deal with this (5 deemed served so thats 28 (14 to AoS Acknowledge and plea) and a further 14 to submit a defence should you wish to defend the claim.Plenty time to consider your response.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

You can either defend in full or a partial defence or accept and offer payment.A defence may be unfair charges or miss sold PPI or a dispute.

Their behavior in pre action or a non response to a Sec 77/78. The documents uploaded are standard T&Cs (who knows what date) the application is just that an application 1998 (no prescribed terms within the sig area unless it refers to T&Cs overleaf or attached).Have you ever received a Default Notice?

Regards

Andy

Post them up (less any identifiable data) when you get chance Billy (retain the dates)

Andy

Here are, hopefully, the two pages of the default along with the one page of the account termination.

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g378/billytommo68/Def%20and%20Term/

I did not have any PPI or charges to reclaim, until I stopped paying of course.

Thanks

Billy

Edited by BillyTommo

Ok Billy the notices look good (apart from the 17 days after this Notice) it should state a date xx xxx xxxx, but that alone is not enough to judge them invalid.

Regards

Andy

The only thing you have is the application they sent in response to your Section 78 request.At best thats all it is an application and not a CCA.This was 1996

and most agreements fall foul of the CCA1974.There are no prescribed points within the Sig area or key financial terms.I can not see any reference to any as being attached or overleaf.You may come a cross a saying whilst researching this a phrase " within the four corners " I would suggest at best yours is unenforceable but you will need to research and build a defence as to why.There are numerous threads here on Cag with regards to why is my agreement unenforceable, I would suggest you study up its the only defence possibly applicable in your claim.

Regards

Andy

So in response to my CCA request I was sent an application form and not a CCA. Does this mean that the account is automatically in dispute or do I have to tell them. Like I said previously, I have had my head stuck in the sand over all of this so have just ignored everything hence the court papers. Can I retrieve the situation?

Thanks

BT

Technically yes, as they have failed to comply (not that they are aware of) as they would have you believe the above was ok and acceptable.

I wont miss lead you Billy defending on a unenforceable agreement is by no means easy ( not impossible) but you have to know your mustard and research

thoroughly. Is My Agreement Enforceable - Useful

Check out the above thread and digest as much as possible.Also consult the CCA1974.

Andy

But they never knew it was in dispute (you never replied and stated that is not acceptable for reasons XYZ) I assume?

Andy

But didn't you say that technically they have failed to comply? The fact that they have returned a document that is not a CCA when one has been requested surely means that they know they haven't complied. The last letter states that their client is still willing to listen up until court proceedings. Is it worth sending the "Account in Dispute" letter now?

Billy

Yes they have failed but you never officially registered it as a dispute or informed them. So " So if they have failed to comply and the account is automatically in dispute then surely they cannot default then terminate an account that is in dispute? Hence their claim they was never told.

So you now have to mount a defence for the above reasons.There is nothing wrong in not putting in dispute by yourself some save it and wait for claim as you should do now.

Andy

But if I inform them now, better late than never you could say, then they may reconsider the court action. If they are dealing with someone who knows his onions, or in my case am getting advice from people who know their onions so they think it's me who does, then they may "back off" a bit.

Billy

Court Proceedings have been issued Billy, no point now, just try to defend it with what i have outlined, they may then seek settlement with you before its proceeds to trial.If you are not up to defending it then simply admit it and offer an affordable monthly payment.You will get a CCJ that way but i have outlined all your options.

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

How's it going Billy?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.