HFO Services chasing me for a debt that is not mine

pumpkin12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone. I am new to the site and am hoping that someone can give me some advice please. Back in June I had a letter from HFO Servises saying that I owed £2,000 to Barclaycard. This came totally out of the blue. I immediately wrote back stating that I had never been a Barclays customer and had certainly never had a Barclaycard. They wrote to me again informing me that they had my name and date of birth as proof. I again wrote back stating that this was nothing to do with me. To cut a long story short I have still received nasty threatening letters from this company, the last one being around 6 weeks ago. In the mean time I have spoken to Barclays and they have confirmed that they hold no records of me on their system at all. ( I double checked as I feared I was going mad and needed complete reassurance). I have reported this to the Consumer Credit Agency and I have also called the National Debt Helpline. The very nice guy there informed me that as this alleged debt goes back to 2004, the chances are it would be statute barred by now. I am worried sick that another letter will drop through the door any day now. Please can someone help me. Thank you.

Forget the SB issue – if it is not yours, it is not yours. End of.

Suggest you contact your local trading standards and also email your story as a matter of urgency to Polly Ashford at the OFT – [email protected] – and dig out the ‘prove it’ letter from the templates section. Send recorded.

The OFT debt collections guidelines state that they MUST stop collection activity and investigate your complaint. May be worth demanding their complaints procedure too.

There’s no point in issuing a CCA request, because this implies you know something about it. Stick to your guns if it definitely is not yours.

The rest of the HFO fan club will be along soon...

Afternoon - popular as we have 7 guests. I know you have written to them but this is the Prove it letter to send recorded delivery, edit to suit

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Hi

They are doing the same to me but I have reported them to the OFT and trading standards, contact the OFT on

08457224499. The more people that report them the better as there license is 'minded to revoke' because of there actions.

Hi

They are doing the same to me but I have reported them to the OFT and trading standards, contact the OFT on

08457224499. The more people that report them the better as there license is 'minded to revoke' because of there actions.

Hello, at least I know it's not just me, not that it makes things any better for either of us. I will do as you suggest. Thank you

I have contacted Polly Ashford at OFT by email and explained the situation. I am having a little difficulty uploading the letters, but will seek some help from a friend who is a little more 'computer minded' than myself. Thank you to all of you who have given advice. It is awful when you reach the point of dreading getting up every day because of these people. Thank you again :)

Why would anyone possibly dread getting up in the AM in their OWN home??

Because of some random computer generated letter littered with untruths and misleading people with empty puerile threats? And the fact that the recipient owes no money to boot!

Just make the complaints, ignore these fools, it is simply a computer sending you threats, you are under zero obligation to respond to what they send. If you do send them anything then they will harass you further and put a mug marker on your file, they are purely feeding off your lack of knowledge and fear of what you think will happen, it won't, it never does, forget them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...