• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Court Next week! **ANOTHER BARCLAYS WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Just been browsing and found I have been some use to someone!! Best of luck to all. I have alot more research in my back pocket including studies from the US and Australia whuch have attempted to show how much it actually costs to bounce a dd etc.

Pls PM me if you would like more help. Also, on 7th Sept the OFT put out another statement about bank charges. Worth reading. It will have weight in court.

An update on my battle. On 6th Sept the court adjurned the case cos the defence said they didnt know about the court date. (bull****) The court issued a directive that lloyds MUST provide me with the information that have witheld for 4 months AND a complete analysis of how they justify their charges (!!!) by 4pm tomorrow. If they dont, all their evidence is inadmissable in court in Nov and they will be in breach of a court ruling.

I wait with baited breathe.......... I have BBC radio lined up and will make more noise than a cymbol convention about it! "Lloyds Above the Law?" Also thought I would report their Solicitors to Law Society.

Cant wait. Best of luck to everyone.

Wolfy (mrs) aka Heather

What happened yesterday????????????? please tell us.

Mamma Caz :p

"Round 'em up, put 'em in a field and Bomb the B******ds"

Particularised Claim 05/10/06

AQ filed 14/09/06

Defenced filed 05/09/06

MCOL served by 05/08/06

Thanks but only if you pay it all let 17/07/06

Offer let received 12/07/06

Letter before Action 04/07/2006

Barclays - Letter of Intent 16/06/2006

Classic Confidence Settled 13/10/06

Classic Confidence LBA 18/09/06

Classic Confidence 1st claim let sent 30/08/06

Classic Confidence - Data Protection Act let 03/08/06

I would love to know too :) I personally cannot believe that barclays would do this to their customers. They know we are right...Why ruin their relationship with us? I've been banking with them for 7 years now personal and business account and loan. I will be closing all soon.

Let us know Mervalous. Someway or another ;) ps.Court date for 29th Nov....ages yet :(

Barclays - Success. Total £3000.

Barclaycard - Success. £2500

Barclays Brother - Success £500ish

Vodafone - Default removal + claim for distress. Settled default removed = £1000 in compensation + £120 court costs paid. :D

-------------------------------------------------

Barclays using fowl play - Here

I've decided to put on my detective's hat to try and work this out. Unfortunately I am unable to uncover any concrete evidence, everything I have is purely circumstantial.

Circumstantial evidence

Last week, Mervalous sounds slightly anxious about fast approaching court date, is posting daily, sometimes several times in a day.

Suddenly goes very quiet, court date comes and goes and nothing is heard.

Conclusions

Of course, poor old Mervalous may well have a IT problem and has lost their internet connection so is therefore unable to update us.

Or more likely, has had a result but unfortunately been gagged.

Shame for those of us following on behind as it is always a big boost to hear of someone else's victory, but great for Mervalous who is probably enjoying their success as we speak.

sorry guys Im back!!

They settled but I didnt want to post untill the money was in my account, I put a line through the gag order :)

Anyway all paid up in full, just gutted I messed up on the interest when i was sorting it all out.

Anyway about to donate £50 when i can find the link :)

EDIT:

Made the donation, made sure it came out of my barclays account so shows up CONSUMERACT on my statement, they wont ever see but it made me feel good lol

Congrats Mervalous. Did you actaully go to court? Did they settle outside the court? It was bloody close.

Barclays - Success. Total £3000.

Barclaycard - Success. £2500

Barclays Brother - Success £500ish

Vodafone - Default removal + claim for distress. Settled default removed = £1000 in compensation + £120 court costs paid. :D

-------------------------------------------------

Barclays using fowl play - Here

brilliant - great news! enjoy the money! I shall be seeing barclays fairly soon!

JKop Vs Barclays SETTLED

JKop Vs Cahoot SETTLED

Jkop V Capital One SETTLED

Jkop V Marbles SETTLED

Jkop V MBNA £422 MCOL

Jkop V Egg SETTLED

Jkop V Cahoot Credit Card SETTLED

Jkop V HSCB £1500 W.I.P!

Have been following this story since the start! Congrats!!!!! Did it go to court then, or did they settle out of court? Barclays have just filed a defence yesterday for my claim, so would be interesting to find out? xxx

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks