letter from Global Debt Recovery LTD old fraudulent Liitlewoods account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a letter from Global Debt Recovery LTD today who states thier client is Experto Credite.

A bit strange that a Debt company is representing another.

Anyone else had this?

I know GDRLtd is related to Tower Investigations, thanks to this site.

I completely believe that this particular debt they insist I owe is from an account that was opened in my name fraudulently some years back.

This was supposed to have been dealt with for the second time in August 2009 by the original company's fraud team (Littlewoods).

I have since tried to correct my credit file to remove the incorrect address and gave the company and the CRA information on the person who commited the fraud (they are know to me; which was discovered once I found the address on my credit file).

Since then I have been getting calls and letters address to me and addressed to me but with the wrong lastname, which matched the then partner of the fraudster.

Has anyone got anyadvice as to what i should do

1) about these debt companies chasing me for a fraudsters debt; and

2) about this matter supposedly being resolve and my details were supposed to me removed ie can I sue any of the companies for negligence or the like??

Thanks

SAFU

Hello and Welcome,

I've started a new thread for you in the appropriate Forum, please continue to post here regarding this issue.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

For the letters they send you, with the incorrect name on, simply mark the envelope with RTS not known at this address.

As for the phone calls, simply do not answer or tell them that the person they are asking for does not live at the address, and demand they remove your number from their records.

If they don't then a formal complaint should be made to the OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

And Ofcom.

Have you checked your credit file to see if anything is still on there?

If there is any adverse data on there which will be inaccurate then demand the credit agency remove it immediately or you will sek legal advice with a view to taking them & the party they allowed to add the info to court and sue for defamation, current fine stands at £1,000 per incorrect entry.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Scott, can you post a link for me please? I can't seem to find it. Or at least the thread title?

Hi, Sorry I thought I had sent you a Private Message with the link, your on the thread now, continue to post here, the Title of the thread is Had a letter from Global Debt Recovery LTD

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Scott. U did indeed send me a link and took me here. I assume this is the right thread?

Hi bazooka. When I got 3 calls asking for the wrong name I did say wrong number in a peed off voice. Haven't had anymore calls. Just the letters. I've dug pug another letter re the fraud account and it's from Robinson way. Again with the wrong name.

As littlewoods told me in writing that they removed my details from the account, do I have the right to claim compensation for stress and harrassment?

SAFU

Check your credit file and see if there is anything on their.

Keep a diary of events, enter Littlewoods complaints procedure with a view to exhausting it so as to escalate it above their heads to the ICO.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!