RBS DSAR Query .... feedback please?

papadak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Rbs dsar query?

I am still awaitng bank statements from rbs & then this turns up today ... confused.com!!

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST-DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 (SECTION 7)

" Thank you for requesting details of the personal information we hold about you and payment of the required fee.

The data will be forwarded to you within 40 calendar days. As part of this request it may be necessary to send information under separate cover from a number of different departments across the bank.

It is not our practice to provide copies of standard documents that would have been issued as part of our normal course of business, such as copy bank statements. Should you wish to receive these, please let me know the period you require the statements to cover and this can be arranged. "

Guys I'm just a tad confused here. I sent the request off more than 40 days ago and surely the DSAR includes copy statements. What are they playing at? Help!!! ??

bit strange!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They just can't seem to get it right, send them a reminder [rec del] and get a complaint in to the ICO

Statements are not a requirement but they are obliged to include transaction history within response......... oh and something to look out for when they do eventually comply - they'll send you 6 years only from date the dept responsible received request with notation that only 6 years are held - when you get the history, send the tw*ts a reminder of the date you made the request, you'll receive transaction history for the whole period requested. Typical RBS response is deny, deny and if we're not sure deny again :-)

Have a hearing coming up against the wasters soon for similar issues

Gez

Thanks for that - much appreciate your words & experience. Kindest Regards

They just can't seem to get it right, send them a reminder [rec del] and get a complaint in to the ICO

Statements are not a requirement but they are obliged to include transaction history within response......... oh and something to look out for when they do eventually comply - they'll send you 6 years only from date the dept responsible received request with notation that only 6 years are held - when you get the history, send the tw*ts a reminder of the date you made the request, you'll receive transaction history for the whole period requested. Typical RBS response is deny, deny and if we're not sure deny again :-)

Have a hearing coming up against the wasters soon for similar issues

Gez

• 5 weeks later...

I have just received my SRA paperwork back from the RBS and they have also given me a load of BS !!They said that my request for old mortgage data has been passed to there mortgage dept and i will hear from them soon. They also have only sent a few statement from THIS year !! ( i have been with them since 1991)The only other stuff i received was 2 copy loan statements which were settled in 1994. I think i will write to them again so if anyone has any advice of what to put in the letter then please message me.. Thanks guys...

I have just received my SRA paperwork back from the RBS and they have also given me a load of BS !!They said that my request for old mortgage data has been passed to there mortgage dept and i will hear from them soon. They also have only sent a few statement from THIS year !! ( i have been with them since 1991)The only other stuff i received was 2 copy loan statements which were settled in 1994. I think i will write to them again so if anyone has any advice of what to put in the letter then please message me.. Thanks guys...

Hi DGS

Start your own thread on this and define what data you are chasing along with inception/settlement dates [if any]

Current a/c

o/d

p/l

Mortgage

Pension/annuity

ISA

Insurance etc etc

no need to be exact, rough idea of mm/yy will do..............

Gez

Thanks Gezwee,Can you tell me how to start a new thread as im pretty new to posting...cheersDGS

Hi dgs

Assuming you want to keep it in the RBS forum............ click on the following link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?18-Royal-Bank-of-Scotland

Top left [and bottom left] of window you'll see a button/tab marked + Post New Thread

Click on it, think of a suitable name for thread and post away

Gez