Stevieboys claim.

sb118
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a thread to track the progress of my claim against Barclays, i've paid 300 quid since xmas, so i hoping there will be a few quid coming back my way from the last six years!

The personal banker i dealt with told me i should have posted it, i told her i was afraid of things going missing in the post ;)

Day 1, DPA request handed in.

Told some guy i walked into on the way out about the matter too, he'll be hunting for this site when he gets home :D

Steve

Plymouth, Devon.

Steve, xxxxx, UK

Barclays

DPA letter delivered by hand 04/04/06

Statement request confirmed & DPA payment refunded! 06/04/06

Just a thread to track the progress of my claim against Barclays, i've paid 300 quid since xmas, so i hoping there will be a few quid coming back my way from the last six years!

The personal banker i dealt with told me i should have posted it, i told her i was afraid of things going missing in the post ;)

Day 1, DPA request handed in.

Told some guy i walked into on the way out about the matter too, he'll be hunting for this site when he gets home :D

Steve

Plymouth, Devon.

Hi

Welcome to the forum, the more people we have on board the more strength we have to fight these unlawful charges. Best of luck with your claim and look forward to hearing of your progress.

First responce from them ..

Dear Mr xxxx

COPY STATEMENTS

I refer to your letter of 4 April, which was passed to me for comment due to your mention of the DPA.

I can confirm that your request for copy statements is underway and those should be supplied to you shortly without charge. In the circumstances your payment is returned herewith.

As regards your comment about "manual intervention", could you please explain what you mean by this term and in conseqence which records you believe may be of interest to you. In general terms however i can advise that under the DPA you are entirled to a copy of the material held across the Bank that qualifies for disclosure as your "personal data" - this is known as a data subject access request. To initiate the process Barclays will require payment of a £10 fee per individual which should bbe provided by cheque (preferably), Payable to Barclays, directly to this department. Upon Payment of the fee(s) the relevant information will be supplied as promptly as possible.

Yours sincerely

Peter Townsend

So, they refund my £10 (to my account i assume) and then tell me i need to pay £10 for any DPA work, wtf? Playing for time i'm guessing.

As for "manual intervention", that would be when the charges are applied by a member of staff and not automatically by computer (having staff do the job would increase the cost to the bank and thus means it wasn't a profit making exercise), right?

But, statements for free? It's a start i guess :D

Steve

Steve, xxxxx, UK

Barclays

mini update, got home today and the wife told me she found the tenner in the envelope and she's already spent it on nappies, bugger! :p

Steve, xxxxx, UK

Barclays

• 2 weeks later...

The very fact that they claim not to understand what you are asking can be taken as confirmation that there has not been any.

If they really had a problem interpreting the request then they should ask their legal department.

Got bored of waiting, rang the customer service lot and was told that they must have got lost in the post. (honest guv) Reordered them, so it's back to waiting i suppose :(

Steve, xxxxx, UK

Barclays

Remember not to deviate from your timetable - they have created the delays not you. You delivered your DPA request 4th April right? So 40 days and counting from that point...

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

The very fact that they claim not to understand what you are asking can be taken as confirmation that there has not been any.

If they really had a problem interpreting the request then they should ask their legal department.

Steve, based on this comment did you re-send the cheque off asking if there was any manual intervention, or did you take it as they didnt know what it was so presumably there wasnt any?

I didn't resend the cheque. To me it seems obvious that the banks are fully aware what is meant by "manual intervention", they are dealing with a lot of people all asking them the same thing. They have a huge legal team, a huge DPA team, if this gets to court and they claim not to understand what the term means, i'd love to see who they get around the other 50-100 people who have told them.

They do know what MI means, the letter is a stalling tactic, nothing else. You could even construe their returning of the DPA payment as another stalling tactic. I asked for information i was entitled to, they tried to bluff out of it by asking a question they already know the answer to. If they try and use it at court the data protection controller might be interested too...

Steve, xxxxx, UK

Barclays

Statements arrived this morning, in two envelopes, heh think i'm going to be busy today :D

Steve, xxxxx, UK

Barclays

After a quick adding up a total of £1285, a lot less than i was expecting, it seems i was a good boy for a few years :o

Look out Barclays, i'm coming for ya! :D

Steve, xxxxx, UK

Barclays

Yup, but i did get a reminder of the time they charged me £130 in ONE WEEK, 2 x paid referal, which lead to 1 x unpaid cheque, start of new billing month, then another 2 x paid referal, feck did that hurt.

Steve, xxxxx, UK

Barclays

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Steve, xxxxx, UK

Barclays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks