T.U.P.E advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The company I work for as night security/cleaner (48hours pw) has recently lost the contract to provide the service due to the contract being split into 2 seperate jobs ie night security and daytime cleaner. I am not SIA badged and the cleaning job has been moved to daytime as 2 four hour shifts am & pm, I understand that under TUPE I must be offered a contract for 6 months under my current contract of employment. The new security company have been told by the property owner that security must be badged, so they are not willing to take me on! which only leaves the cleaning, under my present contract I work 4 x 12hour night shifts with 4 days off. For the new cleaning company to honour my contracted hours it would mean me working 5.5 days per week and travelling to and from my place of employment 4 times a day is this legal or can I contest it? Also I am willing to take the SIA badge test and meet the cost of it out of my own pocket to ensure my present contract of 12 hour nights continues.