Vanquis and the extortionate interest rate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people!...

When i signed up with Vanquis i'm sure the lovely lady told me the APR was 39.9%. Today i called Vanquis to make an enquiry i got a shock and a half!...

After speaking the most god awful customer service adivsor(and i struggle to use the words customer service!) i've ever had the misfortune to come across she proudly tells me my rate is 47.8%

"HOW MUCH? I yelped

"well we wrote to ya and told ya!" she snarled!

Funny you can write and annouce credit limit increases, then email, then write again telling me you have increased my limit and spend more!... But no letter or email mentioning interest rate hikes!

£1500 @47.8% jeepers i can see how people end up in trouble!

Question is....is there anything i can do and where do i stand?... (there is no mention of the interest rate and if you look online the it states basically we'll only tell you your rate if you ring the 0871 number and ask. Then you get someone that obviously has a bad case of PMT snarling at you (if anyone from Vanquis reads this!) its a great way to treat your customers).

Apart from closing my account and giving serious consideration to leaving my card in my car winters coming it'll make a nice ice scraper! Is there anything else?

Thx

RW :-)