HFO/Turnbull Rutherford

Apocalypso
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have recently been contacted by HFO Services regarding a debt they claim is owed by me.

I have some doubt that the debt is mine, but it may possibly be.

They have informed me that I last made a payment in April 2004, so I sent them a letter explaining it is stautute barred and asking them to not continue asking me for money.

They replied to me that it isn't statute barred as although there had been no contact for 7.5 years a default notice was issued in 2006. (This has never shown on my experian credit report).

I checked the literature from the OFT (and other sources) and replied again that the debt is in fact statute barred and not to persist.

Today I have recieved a letter from Turnbull Rutherford Solicitors giving me 21 days to pay up or face litigation.

I have informed the OFT but would like to know if I should reply to Turnbull Rutherford or just wait for a possible court summons.

Cheers

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if/might/could/intend

does not say WILL.

and as usual HFO are talking bowwarks

SB is from YOUR last financial transaction NOT the default letter

NEVER EVER speak to anyone about your vdebts on the phone!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Morning

Who was the Original Creditor for this? SB is 6 years since last payment or written acknowledgement, nothing to do with default notices. Are you able to scan and post the letter they sent you with personal details removed?

I would suggest a curt letter to TR but would like to see what they have said first

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

HFO and TR will tell fibs. Just reiterate it's SB and contact Polly Ashford at the OFT. They are deliberately misleading you about the default date being the trigger for SB. Note that only HFO Services state this - that's cos TR know the truth. But... TR actually RUNS HFO Services. So they are ultimately responsible for the lie. Aren't you, Mr Bingo?

Send a copy of the stat barred letter you sent HFO to Turnbulls, and also send them a copy of the letter from HFO to you saying the last payment was in April 2004.

Tell T&R that you believe they should advise their client that this debtis statute barred and cannot be enforced in court, and that OFT guidlines state that once you have informed them that ou will not be paying they must cease chasing you for this alleged debt.

Lets see if a firm of Solicitors tries to mislead you as to the law.

Hi,

The original debt was with Welcome Finance, for a loan I apparently took out in 2002.

I don't recall a loan with Welcome but they have enough information to suggest it may be true. (eg Bank details), though some minor details are incorrect. (eg My national insurance number)

I can't scan the letter they sent but an exerpt reads "If you do not respond within 21 days legal action will be taken against you without further warning."

I am confident that the debt is statute barred but want to be sure I take the best action, whether that is ignoring the letter or reiterating my point that it is statute barred.

Will I need to request a full statement of account prior to them potentially taking me to court or will they need to show such a document in court?

I am trying to avoid giving them my current bank details and anything with my signature on and so have avoided sending in my £1 cheque so far.

I have put in a complaint to the OFT as I believe thsi constitutes harassment.

They say it is not statute barred as the 6 years clock starts from the date of default not the date of last payment/acknowledgement.

They argue that they have successfully argued this in court.

Don,t believe what they say.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Under the Limitation Act 1980, which applies to England and Wales, a debt is considered to be statute barred when no payments have been made against it or where it has not been acknowledged* for six years. In Northern Ireland, statue barred debts are governed by the Limitation (Northern Ireland) Order 1989. In Scotland, statute barred debts are governed by the Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973 which states that the debt itself ceases to exist after five years providing that it has not been acknowledged and that no relevant claim against it has been made by the creditor.*For clarification purposes, acknowledgement is either acknowledgement made in writing or a payment received against the debt. Once acknowledgement is received, this re-sets the limitation period.

donate

Quote that to them. OFT guidelines also acknowledge that an SB debt still exists but it is unfair to pursue the debter. It has NOTHING to do with default dates

Edited by coledog

donate

check your CRA file too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chaps be realistic - you are a handful of ppl on a forum not the target of an FBI sting. If I where one if them, what benefit would there be to me divulging info regarding their move. I have my own reasons for disliking these clowns so take it or leave it. U can continue to sit on here and guess - all the time being watched by TR or u can accept some info and know that right now as we speak, Sonny and Al are squirming

To be honest, I don't think anybody is remotely interested.

Chaps be realistic - you are a handful of ppl on a forum not the target of an FBI sting. If I where one if them, what benefit would there be to me divulging info regarding their move. I have my own reasons for disliking these clowns so take it or leave it. U can continue to sit on here and guess - all the time being watched by TR or u can accept some info and know that right now as we speak, Sonny and Al are squirming