Can i do anything about hr?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys,

Long time reader, first time poster.

As im sure you all know youth unemployment is at its highest for year. I’m 23 an electrician and have been out of work for just under 6months.

But great news i went for an interview and out of 27 people they offered it to me on the spot in the first interview, great job 30+ k company car, i love it.

I started last week on the 7th, and 4weeks before i had to do an application form and under criminal convictions i put yes, common assault march 2010 which was a small fine that i have paid.

Now hr yesterday have kicked up saying it is company policy not to employ anyone with an unspent conviction.

Is mine defently an unspent conviction??

And

in the light of that i may lose my job if it is unspent, can they do this? my boss is kicking up hell about it which is good but is it discrimination by hr?

There is nothing at all in the employee handbook or my contract stating this policy.

As im sure you can tell im pretty cut about the whole thing i don’t know what to think or do as they have known about this for over 4weeks before i started