Barclays Over Draft Help

oddmaker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Thanks in advanced for answering my question, really appreciate it.

I've had a Barclays Debit Card for about 11 or more years, I have a 690 over draft limit with them which I pay for by intrest every month, I applied for the over draft some years ago it could of been 5 or 6 years.. I lost my job about 2 months ago and Barclays asked me to pay back the overdraft plus the charges on top which are about 832 pounds, they lowered my overdraft to 10 pounds (what a joke) so I phoned them and they said to pay 30 pounds every month for 2 months then they will phone me and arrange a payment after that, if not they said to contact a debt managent company, unfortunately I cant really afford to payback what I owe them for the time being so the question is will I be able to get back any charges they have charged me over the years? or maybe get something back which will help pay this debt back?

If someone could give me step by step help on what to do and send them that would be greatful.

Thank you.

Yes you can reclaim ALL charges, and as I suspect Sharklays are adding more charges on to this O/D as they have reduced it to ten pounds meaning that you will be charged an unauthorised O/D fee......welcome to the new age dick Turpin, courtesy of our Government.

Have you got the actual figure you 'actually' borrowed/used/spent before they added charges? If so all well and good.

You MUST make a formal complaint to sharklays of their arrogant actions and exhaust it fully so you can escalate this complaint to the FOS.

Stay OFF the phone, pay ONLY what YOU can afford, if it is £5 a month then so be it, even if it is £1 a month they can do naff all, it is nearly Xmas so you are clearly going to need more money at this time of year, they don't need it, not with their fat cat bonuses of millions.

Pay them what YOU can afford.

And have you got all of your statements which show the charges they have added over the years? If so reclaim them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi, Thank you for the replies.

I just know they charge me 9 or 10 pounds a month for the overdraft when I did have the £690. Now that they have removed my overdraft and I'm £810 over my new 10 pound overdraft they will probley start charging. Shall I ask for my statements as far back as I can get them? When I do get them what shall I highlight on what charges I can get back?

Thanks.