Marston Group attempting to send bailiffs round parents house regarding tram fine. Help?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Last year I received three tram fines for not holding a valid ticket (I was on job seekers and hadn't got my money through),

I was living away from home at the time, so did nothing about the fines, and just left them.

I thought all was fine when I heard nothing back, until I received a court summons in the post.

At this time I was really scared so ignored it and didn't tell my parents,

I then was sent various letters demanding payments from the HMCS Finance Centre,

but by then the problem had become to big and I could not deal with it as the balance had ballooned up to £850.

I wrote to HMCS Finance trying to offer a payment plan, but my letter was ignored.

Earlier this week I received a letter from the Marston Group bailiffs demanding a payment in full of £971,

or the bailiffs will come round to my parents property (where I live now) to value my belongings.

I rung them up on three occasions offering them a payment of £100 per month,

but they refused to comprise and demanded that I pay a £400 down payment just to prevent the bailiffs coming, and the amount paid in full by five weeks.

I am working, but I do not earn more than £700, so I had to decline the offer.

They told me bailiffs would come to my house, as I have refused their advice.

The property is not mine and my parents refuse to let them in, or near the property and I have no belongings they can take only a broken telly and old Cd player.

But I am really scared they will force their way in, as my brother who is 15 will be at home at the time, after school.

Any advice on how to deal with the situation/bailiffs as I am only 19 and not familiar with their procedure.

Thanks

Tabitha