Received 2 Ppi payment cheques.. what to do..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

New to here, hoping for some honest opinions, guidance and advice. I recently challenged my ppi amount being offered to me, it was unfair as i had my house in my name for the last 2 and half years after my ex had gone and they were trying to offer a 50 / 50 split which was unfair on my part.

So i challenged it , said i wasnt happy, they said ok you need to go to ombudsman. Meanwhile they sent me a cheque for my half (50%) which i had turned down.

I spoke with them a couple more times and said i was going to Ombudsman, very soon without actually even getting that far a bigger than original cheque arrives. That is now in the bank and about to clear.

Heres the dilemma. Do i try also banking the previous cheque ?, will it clear ?, will it be noticed ?, can they ask for it back ?, can i actually get in any real trouble for trying to get back what was actually mine ?.

At the end of the day, this was my money that i had been unnecessarily paying for 9 years, and i paid every penny of it for the full 9 years, my ex paid nothing towards it. We were told by the mortgage lender that we couldnt have a mortgage with them without having this. I feel like im within my rights to this and to bank it. I know my ex will never claim it as she never paid any of it, i begrudge the bank therefore keeping that half.

In the latest letter it says nowhere to "ignore previous cheque" , "dont bank previous cheque" etc etc.

What do you think i should do ??

thanks

M

you need to calculate what you should have been owed back first

tell us about the claims

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi All,

New to here, hoping for some honest opinions, guidance and advice. I recently challenged my ppi amount being offered to me, it was unfair as i had my house in my name for the last 2 and half years after my ex had gone and they were trying to offer a 50 / 50 split which was unfair on my part.

So i challenged it , said i wasnt happy, they said ok you need to go to ombudsman. Meanwhile they sent me a cheque for my half (50%) which i had turned down.

I spoke with them a couple more times and said i was going to Ombudsman, very soon without actually even getting that far a bigger than original cheque arrives. That is now in the bank and about to clear.

Heres the dilemma. Do i try also banking the previous cheque ?, will it clear ?, will it be noticed ?, can they ask for it back ?, can i actually get in any real trouble for trying to get back what was actually mine ?.

At the end of the day, this was my money that i had been unnecessarily paying for 9 years, and i paid every penny of it for the full 9 years, my ex paid nothing towards it. We were told by the mortgage lender that we couldnt have a mortgage with them without having this. I feel like im within my rights to this and to bank it. I know my ex will never claim it as she never paid any of it, i begrudge the bank therefore keeping that half.

In the latest letter it says nowhere to "ignore previous cheque" , "dont bank previous cheque" etc etc.

What do you think i should do ??

thanks

M

I would owe back approx £800

ok so do you know how much your PPI reclaim should be worth

did you calculate it using a spreadsheet

or just fired off a letter saying i want it back

it might well be the two cheques add up to the correct amount?

i know they dont

but we need to know.

have a read of my sig no.1.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...