BT Cancellation Fee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We had the works with BT, Phone Broadband and BT Vision. we lost our service during the summer on broadband and vision. it took bt weeks before they would acknowledge that we had a fault, the indian call centre not understanding and saying the error code on bt vision did not exist. finally an engineer did call out but he said it would take 10 days to rectify. this still did not fix and i was ringing bt all the time. after about 2 months i refused to pay them and they disconnected the service. it actually took about a wk for us to notice it was bt staff that did inform us for a finish. i connected with talk talk as they were refusing to fix saying the fault was we were disconnected for non payment.

we were just going around in circles with me refusing to pay as we were 2 months without a service and they refused to fix it saying there was not a problem.

They have now applied a cancellation fee and have sent it to debt collectors.

What grounds do I have to refuse to pay?

Hi Jim

First write a Formal Letter of Complaint/Dispute mark it as such. Explain whats happened with dates, explain how they've let you down, that your very angry and upset that it's turned into a 'nightmare'. Explain what you want them to do. Send it to:-

Ian Livingston, Chief Executive

[email protected]

Some Tips - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

Write a letter to the DCA, stating that the account is in dispute with BT. Send it Recorded.

Have a read of number 7 and 18 in my signature.

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

Email Sent Thank You

To: [email protected]

Subject: Formal Letter of Complaint / Dispute GB 08261806

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 09:40:20 +0000

Dear Mr Livingston,

I am sending this email to you in desperation to get this matter sorted out.

When we moved into our home we had your service connected, Telephone, Broadband and BT Vision. We have experienced nothing but trouble with the service we recieved. I wish to raise these points yet again to you, in the vain hope that you may be able to resolve this matter finally.

We availed of your internet security service, Which if you check our account you will find out it never worked - one of your technicians even gave an hr remotely logged into my P.C one night trying to install it but it would not go on. We continued to recieve the charge for it on our monthly bill, even though your company were made aware that we could not use the service.

We upgraded to full unlimited service earlier this year. As soon as we upgraded we lost broadband and Bt Vision. I rang your company to highlight this and was speaking to a member of your staff in India. This person failed to believe that there was a fault and the matter was not resolved.

This matter went on for a few weeks, me phoning and nothing being done. Eventually someone did listen and we had to wait a further week for an engineer to call out. He fiddled about with some cabling and advised we would have service back in approximately 10 days. This brought our length of time without broadband and tv to approx 6 weeks. I was a student with the Open University and I had to get my neighbours to submit my assignments for me.

Naturally enough I refused to pay for the period of time without service so your company decided to disconnect the service completly instead of applying credit to the account for loss of service due to a BT fault. I spent a further week on the phone looking for the credit to be applied and the service to be reactivated so that your engineering department could fix the fault. They refused.

I asked about making a formal complaint, I was instructed to do this through your web page. I done this it was never acknowledged or replied to.

I put a formal complaint in writing, again this was never acknowledged or replied to.

I was forced to obtain a working service elsewhere for my broadband, television and phone. In turn your company have decided to charge me a cancellation fee. Naturally I am refusing to pay as while the service was working it was excellent. I was only forced to cancel when my service broke down and your company failed initially to acknowledge the fault and in turn failed to fix the fault.

Your company have now sent the cancellation fee along with the charges for the service i did not have to a debt collection agency.

I rang again last Saturday when I recieved the correspondance from the debt collection agency and i was speaking to someone called Sonam, She advised that she would look into it and call me back. She did call but i was driving at the time and asked her to call me back in 20 minutes. I am still waiting.

Can you please finally sort this out. You can either write to me at

address

My email address is email address

My phone no is

Please sort this out or I will have no further option but to forward this email to Watchdog and the Communications Ombudsman.

Regards

Got Reply

To: CC: [email protected]

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 09:54:19 +0000

Subject: RE: Formal Letter of Complaint / Dispute GB 08261806

Dear

Thank you for your e-mail. Ian is currently away from the office with very limited access to his e-mail, so I am replying on his behalf to avoid further delay. Please be assured that a member of Ian's senior management team will see and read your correspondence.

I am sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing, I will pass this to our senior service team for investigation and response directly to you.

Kind regards,

Tracy.

Result bt have dropped the cancellation fee and also charges for the months we didn't have sevice. Which was good of them as my phone was working. I'm delighted. Thank you so much for helping me.