Black Horse - First Steps in sorting debts out

levirocks
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Buried my head in the sand for a long time but want to settle my debts now.

I have not paid anything for since 2008.

I have checked my credit report and this is what has happened.

I had a loan with Black Horse starting in 2005 for £1000.

I then took out another one with them in 2007 which paid off the rest off the old loan so thats settled.

Not sure how much this was for and cant remember to be honest. It says the start balance on it is £0?

I defaulted in April this year and not paying since 2008.

Dont think I have PPI on either on them as was clever enough to take it (Not clever enough to be an idiot and get in debt though!)

Where do I start with finding out how to pay it back, see what I owe, etc?

Any help would be appreciated!

If you haven't paid since 2008, has blackhorse not bombarded you with letters stating how much you owe ? Has it been passed to dca ? It might be wise to send them a SAR , that will get you all your statements from both accounts you had with them, its a standard £10 fee.

You may have quite a amount of charges added to the account over the years, when totalled up with interest may be enough to clear or substantially reduce the balance.

If you haven't paid since 2008, has blackhorse not bombarded you with letters stating how much you owe ? Has it been passed to dca ? It might be wise to send them a SAR , that will get you all your statements from both accounts you had with them, its a standard £10 fee.

You may have quite a amount of charges added to the account over the years, when totalled up with interest may be enough to clear or substantially reduce the balance.

I get the odd letter. Not very often to be honest seen as I owe them. It has not been passed to a DCA. My last payment was in Jan 2009 and it defaulted in April this year.

do you think they might be charges on your account for late payment ? They will appear on your statement as " collection activity fee"

Secondly, if you are just wanting to clear the balance then set-up a payment schedule with them and pay what you can afford monthly, NOT what they say you must pay. It might be worth sending them a SAR to get your statements, this will determine if there is any PPI on there as well.

I think there would be charges on there to be honest.

Thats great. Will send an SAR to them. Will they send me details of my old loan with them as well as the latest one or do I have two send two seperate ones?

Many Thanks.

Just one letter but put BOTH account numbers on, there is a template letter in the library on here, Fill it out and delete what is not applicable, send a cheque or postal order for £10 and send it recorded delivery so you have a receipt and proof of postage and it has to be signed for. You will receive in approx 2-3 weeks all your statements from both accounts and any other computer correspondence they have on you, You wont receive your original signed credit agreement though, the one you signed in order to apply for the loan, that has to be obtained separate via a CCA request and another quid.

SAR first, get all your statements, see what you owe, see what charges there is, put all charges on a easy spreadsheet in the library which automatically adds interest and go from there, Like i mentioned before it may clear the balance or substantially reduce it in order for you to pay it off.