Alun V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sent the data protection act letter on the 7th of September. Still waiting for a reply off the halifax and halifax credit card.

i've been with the halifax for 21 years and over the last 6 years i have noticed a steep rise in charges. I am now claiming that all back.

just this months statement I notied £160 in bank charges alone. now it's time for me to get even :D

I will keep eveyone informed.

Just an update on this.

Called the halifax today and they never recieved my letter or fee. Great stuff. so they are sending them out tomorrow by second class. and taking £10 out of my account. can't wait to get my hands onall those statements.

It certainly is - like most banks actually. I gather they are now avoiding the issue of a DPA request and saying that they will simply provide statements.

Whilst this will certainly get you the info you need, be sure that they return the £10 fee if this is what they tell you - they can't have it both ways!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Got 70 statements today.they sent 7 years worth. they can't even get my request right LOL. what hope have we all got..

anyway the charges mount to £2656 on the current account. Still waiting for the statements to come through for my credit card.

Only the ones claiming contractual interest would include it now, others may have done so by mistake.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Alun,

Resist the temptation to get in for the kill. Follow the process to the letter and you WILL get your money.

If you do not give them long enough to settle the matter before court you will be viewed as vexatious and unreasonable by the court and it may cause you problems.

Stick with it my friend.

Halifax - £2500

Legal & Trade - Webt to courtfor Breach CCA, Complained to OFT they ruled in my favour, So did court, 2k written off.

NatWest - Contactual Interest - Won:p

Hi Cankster,

Thanks for that. Tempting i know but I will stick with my procedure.

another quick question. my current account had 2656 charges and my Credit card has £1500 can i combine both into one claim or should I carry on with seperate claims?

Many Thanks

Alun

Claim separately.

help.

received a responce today (14th day cuting it fine)

no refund offer however let me type out the 4th paragraph.

HBOS Disagreeswith the legal analysis of default fees outlined in the OFT's Statement published in April. However, the group confirmed 2nd June 2006 that it will be reducing default fees across its credit card product range to £12 with effect from 1st August 2006

help.

received a responce today (14th day cuting it fine)

no refund offer however let me type out the 4th paragraph.

HBOS Disagreeswith the legal analysis of default fees outlined in the OFT's Statement published in April. However, the group confirmed 2nd June 2006 that it will be reducing default fees across its credit card product range to £12 with effect from 1st August 2006. And until that date, all existing terms and conditions will apply.At present the findings only apply to credit cards, So unfortunatley, no refund of charges is due to you.

this was signed by Liam Pollitt customer care manager.

What do I do now? caus i've read some people are getting offers but i got this?

Any help would be greatly appresiated.

Thanks

Alun

Exactly - let them argue their case in Court if they feel so strongly about it!!!

Guest bluecloud

A very slight tweak:

HBOS plc

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

If only because the Courts prefer not to use P.O. boxes - apparently the Bailiff's have a hell of a job fitting themselves through the slot :D

14 come and gone and nothing received from the halifax apart from a telephone call from a snotty customer service person.

giving me a lecture on how I should keep my account in order blah blah blah.

I'm overdrawn at the bank and she asked when I can pay it back. I said that once I am refunded the account will be clear and I will close it leaving everything square.

She kept going on about T&C's and I knew the charges when i opened the account. and when I said that It will all be paid off when the refund goes through she said am i refusing to pay it? i replied with no i'm not refusing I will pay it when I am refunded.

I'm at the mcol stage now. Help! need some advise.

Don't worry Alun - everything is going to schedule.

Take your time filling out the MCOL. It is fairly self-explanatory and saves the information you have entered in case you need to go back to it. Help with the particulars of claim is in the template section somewhere. The only bit which is difficult with MCOL is making sure the system accepts this (the particulars of claim) as it doesn't like punctuation so, it might take you a few goes to get it to accept it.

When you have filed you will be able to keep an eye on progress through the MCOL website. Just to give you an idea, I filed on a Monday and had it acknowledged on the Thursday - on the same day I had a letter offering full settlement.

Not long now- I know it is stressful but, it is your money and it is worth it!

Sarah

Just preparing myself to fill in the forms on mcol. However when revisiting my statements to make sure I got all the charges I noticed lines with Interest as Notified. this must be for being over my limit. can I include this in my schedule even if I didn't include these with the prelim or the LBA?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Alun

Only if the interest you claim was caused by charges. Standard overdraft interest is not reclaimable.

Guest bluecloud

It depends.

If you have an overdraft arrangement with the bank then part of the "interest as notified" is made up of interest charged on the overdraft.

It is possible to work it out but it's very time consuming and you need to balance if the extra money gained is worth the hassle.

Vampiress has a spreadsheet in her "chambers".

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/6964-spreadsheet-interest.html?highlight=spreadsheet#post49061

On the other hand, if you had no overdraft facility at all then it could be suggested that all of the interest charged is due to bank charges so would be worth including.

You Guys are great. Many Thanks for the wonderfull advise you've given. The amount of interest isn't worth the hasstle.

I got my first offer but not off the halifax it was off capital one for my credit card. Offered me 47 quid from a claim of 120. what they did was refuind every charge over £12 so that all charges amounted to £12 each. Have been putting off filling the mcol as i was a bit skint but got the money today so tonight is the night I will be doing my first MCOL :o) can't wait, it's all filled in and saved just need to pay for it.