Parking eye' fines' [speculative invoices]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I never understand why large retail parks have a time limit on people parking. It is highly likely that people are going to spend time shopping, going into restraunts, going bowling ect.

It is obviously the greed of the parking companies, they are onto a good moneyspinner here if the uneducated pay up!

hello all:-)

• 1 month later...

If you have ever tried to call them to discuss the fine, you will notice that it is an automated service only and you can never get to speak to anyone. Here are their details to speak to a human.

Tel: 01772 450970

Fax: 01772 450979

which I found on another site on the net called Duedil dot com

If you have ever tried to call them to discuss the fine, you will notice that it is an automated service only and you can never get to speak to anyone. Here are their details to speak to a human.

Tel: 01772 450970

Fax: 01772 450979

which I found on another site on the net called Duedil dot com

1 It's not a fine!

2 I can't think of any reason why anyone should wish to call to discuss the unenforcable INVOICE

On the subject of retail car parks that have a 'free time and then we charge after that' policy, there is usually a reference in the Planning Regs, its usually worth a busybody type letter to the council making sure the plot developers/managing agents are actually complying, and not simply making up stuff in contravention of any planning regs.

1 It's not a fine!

2 I can't think of any reason why anyone should wish to call to discuss the unenforcable INVOICE

Hi Crem,

I know these don't have to be paid. I posted the numbers as I got extremely frustrated that I could only pay and never speak to a human. I also hope that if enough people phone them and complain that they will get the message. As far as I'm concerned, what they are doing is immoral and they need to be given a hard time!

• 5 months later...

Hi

Great advice on this site and I know Im slightly worrying about nothing here but my car is a company car. Ive got a fine for going into a parking lot for 16 minutes without (allegedly) buying a ticket. My boss has this morning passed me the letter wanting me to pay fine.

Do I write to the company and say "please dont write to my boss write to me" or just explain to boss they may pester me for a while but its not enforceable and to pass all correspeondence to me?

Is there any point ringing up saying it wasnt me driving, dont know private details of the drive and say dont write again unless court summons cos your getting zilch £0! Will that stop the pestering!

Many thanks

It is preferable not to admit who was the Driver.

But to hopefully get them off the Employer's back, they can send a letter along the lines -

"We are the Registered Keeper of the vehicle and as such we are under no obligation to provide any details other than to the Police or Local Authorities.

However, as matter of Goodwill between our Companies, the vehicle was allocated to XXX of XXXX. We have no certain knowledge if he was the Driver at the precise time and date you mention, and we point out that others than just XXX are permitted to drive the car. So it may not be that he was driving it at that time.

We have provided you with more informaion than required by Law and we consider your enquiry closed. Any further contact to ourselves on the matter will be regarded as harrassment and we reserve the right to act accordingly.

Love and kisses

Boss"

Then you ignore them and their series of Threat-o-gramms, as you seem to understand is the right thing to do.

It is preferable not to admit who was the Driver.

But to hopefully get them off the Employer's back, they can send a letter along the lines -

"We are the Registered Keeper of the vehicle and as such we are under no obligation to provide any details other than to the Police or Local Authorities.

However, as matter of Goodwill between our Companies, the vehicle was allocated to XXX of XXXX. We have no certain knowledge if he was the Driver at the precise time and date you mention, and we point out that others than just XXX are permitted to drive the car. So it may not be that he was driving it at that time.

We have provided you with more informaion than required by Law and we consider your enquiry closed. Any further contact to ourselves on the matter will be regarded as harrassment and we reserve the right to act accordingly.

Love and kisses

Boss"

Then you ignore them and their series of Threat-o-gramms, as you seem to understand is the right thing to do.

Many thanks for the quick reply, letter is in the post!

Hi

Great advice on this site and I know Im slightly worrying about nothing here but my car is a company car. Ive got a fine for going into a parking lot for 16 minutes without (allegedly) buying a ticket. My boss has this morning passed me the letter wanting me to pay fine.

Do I write to the company and say "please dont write to my boss write to me" or just explain to boss they may pester me for a while but its not enforceable and to pass all correspeondence to me?

Is there any point ringing up saying it wasnt me driving, dont know private details of the drive and say dont write again unless court summons cos your getting zilch £0! Will that stop the pestering!

Many thanks

If this is from a Private firm, then you did NOT get a fine!

• 4 weeks later...

Having just received my ‘Parking Charge Notice’ from Parking Eye for spending 2 hours 11 minutes in a place calling itself Maybrook Retail Park, it took me a while to realise that this was the car park outside Marks & Spencers, Halfords, KFC etc on the Sturry Road in Canterbury.

Apparently you are only allowed 2 hours, which was not quite enough for lunch and shopping at Marks plus choosing a bike for my granddaughter at Halfords.

So I get a bill for £90, reduced to £60 for immediate payment, but rising to £120 if reminders have to be sent.

A quick phone call to the customer service department of one of these stores, to inform them that I intended to avoid their retail outlets henceforth, resulted in the charges being dropped within minutes.

It allways amazes me why a large retail park would allow just 2 hours parking for customers!

The businesses on the retail parks ought to get together and force the PPCs off. It must damage their buisness by turning paying customers away.

hello all:-)