wifes halifax CC debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As long as you have proof that you requested the CCA from Halifax, then there is no requirement to duplicate this request with other DCA's, if you didn't send them the 'Account in Dispute' letter:http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

Then send the DCA chasing the alleged debt this: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/574-letter-when-account-has-been-passed-on-whilst-agreement-request-is-in-dispute

They 'should' in turn pass your account back to Halifax, whom you can tell that what they provided is not what was requested, therefore the account is in dispute until they do provide the relevant documents, if at all.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Just got a reply from r/way heres what they have said.

We refer to your recent correspondence in wich you claim this account is not enforceable.

We are satified that the documentation provided is sufficient to demonstrate liability and we will not enter into repetitive correspondence regarding this.

Your data will continue to be processed in line with the principles of the data protection act 1998 and the acccount will continue to be reported to credit reference agencies, where appropiate if you neglect to make payment to us,further action may be taken against you.

We require your payment proposals within 14 days. 28/4/10 letter dated,

This dca tends to ignore everything should i wait and see what they do i see no point in contacting oft or t/s please advise,

Hi all

We refer to your recent correspondence in wich you claim this account is not enforceable.

We are satified that the documentation provided is sufficient to demonstrate liability and we will not enter into repetitive correspondence regarding this.

Your data will continue to be processed in line with the principles of the data protection act 1998 and the acccount will continue to be reported to credit reference agencies, where appropiate if you neglect to make payment to us,further action may be taken against you.

This dca tends to ignore everything should i wait and see what they do i see no point in contacting oft or t/s please advise,

Template letter...won't wash though!

Hi all

IIRC, pinky69 has a thread where the ico have said that if a dca is merely 'collecting' on behalf of a client then they have no right to report data to cra?

Edited by Ford

if they are not prepared to enter into 'repetitive' correspondence..fine..you have stated your position..they theirs..ignore em.. till they either comply..or initiate court action....which will probably be when all hell freezes over

In order for RW to fully comply with their obligations under s78, they will have to provide you with "the executed agreement" and; any other document referred to in it. However, they have not done that have they?

Which poses the question:

Where are the inception T&C's? (as well as the varied Terms)

They have failed to provide them, havn't they?

Was there any PPI on the account?

Robinson Way are chancers...!

Hi

Not sure about PPI.

Thanks for all the help will wait and see got all the threatening letters on this account from the other dca IQOR,BLAIR O SCOTT,WESTCOT,GEOFFREY PARKER BOURNE

All said the same thing as robbers way.

it would be from robbin. way. there's no 'security breach', its just their desperate attempt to try and get someone to phone them. nothing to worry about.

Yes, it was Robinson Way and as Ford says it's just an attempt to get me to 'phone them. I have, however, written to them asking for details so hat I can refer the matter to the Information Commissioner and/or the POlice - I'm not holding my breath for a reply!

..... I have, however, written to them asking for details so hat I can refer the matter to the Information Commissioner and/or the POlice.........

nice one! that will confuse them :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Halifax have been passing my wifes ccd around for nearly 2 years to all these dca WESTCOT IQOR ROBINSON WAY BLAIR OLVER SCOTT and another ive forgot. Just had a letter from halifax offering discount or they will sell debt to dca allthough its clearly in dispute with no orignal cca what should i do.

regards shifty

• 1 year later...

Hi 1st credit after my wifes credit card debt of £10000 been through westcot iqor moorcroft now theses lot. Debt with halifax asked 1st credit for original agreement sent application form again with my wifes signature but its just an application for credit please advise next step with 1st credit

Application forms for credit have been accepted as an agreement between the two parties. Does it have all of the prescribed terms on, amount borrowed, interest rate etc?

There will no doubt be charges for late payments, over limit fees etc there, you should claim back. Did PPI get charged also?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi

There are no prescribe terms interest rate or amount borrowed. Just staes at the top credit card application just below this it states principal cardholders application and decloration. Also credit checks data protection act no monies or interest rate at all.

i have merged 9 threads on the same debt to show the history for everyone

so advised is not re advied again and again

please keep to ONE THREAD per debt.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

pers i would get that reclaiming start mnetioned earlier

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

1st credit update,

They state that application form for credit is a legal document with my wifes signature.

Also they state that a payment of £1.00 was made ON OCTOBER 2008 so its not statured barred

that £1.00 was sent to blair oliver and scott for a copy of the original credit agreement

and they have took it of the balance crafty sods

can i do anything about blair oliver and scott on this issue.

Also 1st credit have now threatened to put this before a judge where all other debt collectors have failed such as iqor wescot blair oliver robinson way.

Any ideas should i get my wife to respond without her signature please advise,

the £1 thing is easily gotten around by producing you arg CCA request.

anyhow

have you ever checked your wifes CRA file?

does tyhis debt show?

dx

and they