Bailiffs broke into my house and sprayed my dog over gas bill - but they had the wrong man

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They should be liable for any and all consequential losses of the victim, including any vets fees

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

They were notified of a change of occupier by the OWNER and their records showed that, do they really need it in duplicate?.........why go in with the heavy mob?

I would not open the door to anyone that appeared threatening as would most people, Labradors are perhaps the most placid breed of dog out there, yes of course he will bark at strangers trying to break into his home and instinct will tell him to protect his owner, it is no different to the owner shouting loudly to deter an assault on his home and family.

Were there any arrests? ......no... it would have been a "civil matter" no doubt.....npower have come under a lot of critisicm of late and have had their knuckles wrapped firmly.....to no avail it seems. Not even an apology to this man, let alone an attempt to right their wrongs. Disgusting behaviour and they should be held to account.

WD

Personally if I were him Id start court action to claim damages for vets bills, doors, distress, etc. :)

Andy

The only bit that worries me is if it comes down to a against b.. the fact I couldnt see any pictures on the mirror website would indicate that the debtor didnt take any as evidence.. bills are proof of work done but pictures of the damage are a different kettle of fish.

Just re-inforces the ethos that recordings are the way to go, video, camera pictures etc etc, takes away the other sides use of the he said she said argument.

S.

I totally agree with the people that have contributed to this thread sue and take them to court.

But on another note if the guy does take it to court which i very much doubt he may find he is the one being sued as the story told by people on the street and by the the attending policer officer are not quite the same in fact the two stories have more holes in them than a second hand colinder.

No i was not there but have worked with gas men in that area and to get them to start work at 8am let alone 7am would be a miracle unles it was an emergency.

Well as they say it all comes out in the wash in the end but he has his hour of fame me i prefer writing in to shane ritchie and getting on his singing program.

Me if this had occured good luck too him if not well at least he got on TV.

I totally agree with the people that have contributed to this thread sue and take them to court.

But on another note if the guy does take it to court which i very much doubt he may find he is the one being sued as the story told by people on the street and by the the attending policer officer are not quite the same in fact the two stories have more holes in them than a second hand colinder.

No i was not there but have worked with gas men in that area and to get them to start work at 8am let alone 7am would be a miracle unles it was an emergency.

Well as they say it all comes out in the wash in the end but he has his hour of fame me i prefer writing in to shane ritchie and getting on his singing program.

Me if this had occured good luck too him if not well at least he got on TV.

care to enlighten us further? you obviously know more than than every one else.

Hi

The other side to this is what would have happened if the tenant when they entered the property as they supposedly had not identified who they were actually defended himself and there were serious injuries?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

care to enlighten us further? you obviously know more than than every one else.

Well for a start 7am adds good effect sounds better than 10.30 I suppose .

I also believe that the occupier spoke to the men out side through the window when he was woken up . And asked them to stay there till he got dressed and came down. A 999 call was logged from the site police arrived and occupier refused to answer door and from a witness a dog went for the police officer as he called into the house through the letter box. And the officer classified the dog as a threat no one broke in the occupier let in the police officer and utility official when left 10 min later.

But that story don't make you famous and does not sell as many papers.

The witness did say they would testify in court to the true happenings.

But again I wasn't there just hear say but most of the stories tally.

From a witnesses point of view on the street they did i dentify them selves when they shouted through his letter box whey they were their, The occupier was supposidly ok with them when he spoke to them through the upstairs window when they awoke him at 10.30 am.