• Tweets

• Hi. Could you tell us who the email is from please? And when you say 'her name', do you mean the breeder? Have they told you where on Google the name is visible? It's possible that an older part of your thread is in a Google cache somewhere and I don't think anyone can remove that. HB
    • should I?  - I figured maybe back log.  I will give them a call then - it's almost 4 months tbf
    • Do you have historical meter readings from before the meters were changed? And more recent history showing consumption, in metered units not in £s,  since the change. One specific thing to check is gas. Check that the meter and the bill use the same units. If the meter is recording cu.m but they're billing as if it was counting 100 cu.ft, then your bill will be nearly three times too high.  Overall I'm guessing it's an Ovo screw up. It's significant that they didn't block the transfer, maybe they aren't so sure of their position.
    • Hmmm, interesting point. In my career, that I am retired from now, there were an immense amount of rules and regulations that one had to adhere to by law. The qualification process is rigorous with on going assessments throughout your career and re-certification every 12 months. If you were shown to be not competent in those rules and regulations you could not hold the position and the operational consequences of that could potentially be dire. In the same respect, perhaps a judge who is not conversant in the rules of POFA should not sit in on cases that requires proficiency in that area? I also bow to your considerable knowledge in this area, perhaps I shouldn't be commenting but by doing so I find it helps the learning process. Your last point has just reminded me of something that may help my case, thank you.
    • Just had an email re the my breache in agreement by her rep.   I asked you yesterday if they had asked about her name in the thread being removed.   The issue they have is the Elizabeth turner and genetic pups entry on google.   they knew I did not put it up and told them so in court.  I dnt know how to post on google.   I told them I cannot remove what I did not post.  when i come back here and saw her name gone from threads title, I presumed her reps sought it.   now I get an email saying her names still on google ur breaching the agreement as it’s still on google.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lloyds TSB/Moorcroft/Midas - now cabot

huppelkutje
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its christmas!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I hope you had a good Christmas!

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me!

My mum is feeling more reassured but she's still getting constant phonecalls from the DCA's.

I think I'm going to buy that Truecall for her.

I wish Lloyds would hurry up, grrrr.

I bet they leave it til the 40th day.

My mum has had 2 accounts with JD Wilson,

the first one shows about 12 late payments and the recent one has 3.

I don't understand why if people can reclaim the charges,

the companies are still charging the same amounts?!

Can fees on mortgages also be reclaimed?

I see there are quite a few late payments showing although it has been settled now.

I logged back into the Experian report and the score has gone down by 29 although I can't see any differences in the actual report.

New year, new start.

Thanks again for all your help we really appreciate it,

we really wouldn't have known what to do if it wasn't for this site :-)

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

:whoo:Officially debt free October 2011 after 10 years 11 months :whoo:

no worries

yep ALL unlawful fees on anything can br gotten back inc mortgage fees too.

dont 'just' focus on late/over either

look for debt advice fees/dd failure fees/letter/phone

mostly anything these people can 'ge away' with charging they will

i've even seen 'charge for internal phone call to legal dept' - fee'

on JD williams stuff.

dont forget int at THEIR RATE too on all of them

from date of fee to date of claim.

they are a 'penalty' charge - get them back!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Still nothing back from the SAR.

A company called Debt Management Ltd in Edinburgh rang last week threatening my mum with court and bailiffs

I've just had another look at her credit file online and Westcot did a credit check a few days ago.

I don't know what's going on here.

Can Westcot do a credit check without consent?

It looks like the defaults appeared around the time I advised her to stop paying the DCA's and I'm getting worried now.

Would it not have been better to keep paying the pound a week per account, even if it was to a DCA and not Lloyds?

It just seems like things are getting worse.

Would it be an idea to send a letter before action?

Or is that too drastic?

Obviously if they still don't send the info then we would have to follow up with court action which is rather daunting.

However I'm aware that complaining to the Information Commissioner is probably not going to get us anywhere fast.

Edited by dx100uk
merge

nope never ever call or answer the phone to a dca

tell her to put the phone down!!!

they have no legal powers to do anything to her

its all threats.

they are not the owners they cannot instigate court proceedings

they cannot send bailiffs either

totally ignore them

dx

and they

Ok thanks,

I did tell her before not to speak to them (arghhh!) but I think these guys were pretty sneaky to start with to get a conversation going.

Should we send the letter before action to Lloyds?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

the sar is not due for 40 days since the 28th?

dx

and they

SAR was sent recorded on 15th November.

We got a reply around the 10th Dec saying they weren't willing to send documents as the letter had an electronic signature but it could be sent to a local branch.

We ticked the box to collect from a local branch and sent that back recorded.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

sri must have understood wrong

send the failure to comply letter from the library tip left green tab.

dx

and they

Phew thank goodness I thought I'd just embarassed myself with my bad counting :oops:.

Thanks for the reply.

Should we use template 3

(I think I'm in the right place but I really struggle to navigate the library section!)

We have had a response but have had no info yet.

"You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject access requestlink3.gif dated (Insert Date).

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice."

that'll do

dx

and they

Well we got a reply from Lloyds about picking the info up from a branch on the same day that we sent that letter!

Giving their own date by which they had to comply as being in February.

They said they'd make a start on collecting the information.

Bizarrely enough 3 days after that mum received 2 pages of statements from one of the accounts in the post

(even though they previously said they weren't willing to send these to her house!).

Didn't show any fees, just payments each month and interest added.

It did show that as the set payments were going out each month,

the interest added was getting higher and higher.

Stranger still she received a letter today regarding her PPI claim (she hasn't made one yet!), offering her over £6000 as a "final response".

It's based on 3 loans, 2 settled and the one that's in default.

The most recent one (defaulted) an "early settlement difference" of over £2000 in the calculations,

does this prove the debt has been sold on because my mum definitely didn't pay this off early.

Can she still accept this money even though the account is in default?

Obviously this is a MASSIVE amount and almost seems too good to be true.

I don't trust Lloyds.

Could they owe her even more,

and have sent this to us quickly before we receive the SAR so we'll accept without questioning?

Am I just paranoid :|

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

i would not trust lloyds asa far as i could kick them

have they given their figures/calcs?

dx

and they

The amount for the first loan is a straight refund of premium plus 8% interest.

The second is a refund, 8% interest, plus 'excess balance and interest' of around £100.

The third loan has calcs for refund,

early settlement difference,

8% interest,

'other indirect losses',

'previously accepted claim'

(a minus amount) and

'excess balance and interest'.

As far as I can gather the previously accepted claim amount is for the month that the insurance paid out when she was out of work.

After which she was told she was no longer covered due to her age!

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

might be better if you post it up please:

dx

and they

Ok I think I've managed it...

Is it ok to leave ALL the figures and dates on?

I presume Lloyds trawl this forum too :sad:

It came out quite large at around 2MB,

I can resize the pics and convert again if need be

ppi1_merged.pdf

no thats ok

and as for lloyds trawling CAG

GOOD they know what we think of them and how they were very 'ecconomical' wit their refunds.

they are getting better though

i'll ping someone to look.

dx

and they

Ok

This is one of the better laid out offers from Lloyds...quite easy to follow and I note that they say they have calculated interest up to Feb 2012.

Could be worth checking the figures though.

Do you have the agreements (or copies of them) and statements?

Have you received the SAR stuff yet?

ims

Thank you for taking the time to have a look!

Yes I thought it was good they'd calculated the interest up to Feb.

We haven't (can't find) the original agreements and haven't received the SAR info except for what looks like a condensed statement for one of the loans.

I can scan that if it's any use?

Edited by huppelkutje

Okey dokey I shall attempt to attach the statement scan, apologies if it's too small this time!

This is from the most recent loan;

the only info I have from the 2nd loan is what is listed in the credit report, which shows as £186 per month at 60 months.

Settled and with no missed payments.

The oldest loan isn't shown in the credit report.

We sent a letter before action nearly a week ago saying that if we didn't receive the SAR data within 7 days we'd take out a court order against them.

I assume they're going to ignore it.

Obviously I don't want to threaten them with court and then not do it!

Should I report to the ICO first before starting court action?

Do we need to use the N1 claim form?

Can't find an awful lot of info about this online.

I think most people assume it won't reach that stage but I'd rather be prepared!

lloyds statement (loan) p1 jan 19th_merged.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
merge

Hi

From the statement you have posted, your total loan was £9833.15 (£7574.42 + £2258.73). The ppi percentage of the total loan is 22.97% (£2258.73/£9833.15 x 100).

So 22.97% of every repayment you made went towards the ppi part of the loan.

You can use the attached spreadsheet to work out what interest you should get back. Just follow the notes contained in the spreadsheet. If you haven't got all of the statements you will need to wait for the SAR information.

There is a thread here somewhere about a successful court action to force compliance...when I find it I'll post up the link.

ims

StatIntSheet v101.xls