Virgin Media Dreadful Service!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have taken out virgin media back in march 2011 now i had no problems with it for the first 2 months i was really pleased with it and since then the whole thing has gone to crap.

The TV which i have disconnected was nothing but repeats, adverts, on demand was nothing but crap

Broadband first 2 months was getting dead on 30mb now its down to 4mb everyday for the past 5 months

I also have to pay line rental which i never use so my bills was totalling at around £54.00 a month.

They also said when i wanted to disconnect my extra box which i hardly used that i wasnt being billed for it so it was pointless in disconnecting it only to find the guy had lied and it was on my bill at £6.50 extra.

Friends told me to try contact cisas, and ofcom see how i can get out of it

had numerous engineers come round to my house, they say everythings good well obviously it aint u also get other engineers who cant be bothered when they come to your house you want something extra installing and you dont want it in the room the ywant to put it in coz they are to lazy to install it where u want

when i had my other box installed i had a massive length of cable trailing through my house as he couldnt be arsed to install it in the room i wanted it

Hi chris

If it's been that bad, write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as such, explain all the problems you've had, what you want them to do.

Send it to :-

Neil Berkett, Chief Executive

[email protected]

Some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

I hope you get that sorted with Virgin, ive got an issue with them but that was about transferring the services and ended up cancelling it all in the end because it was such a mess. I think the suggestion above sounds good to me, make a formal complaint and maybe if it goes to CEO then you may actually get it resolved. Our complaint was sent to them back in March and we have heard NOTHING. Absolutely unbelievable. And I was a customer for quite a long time before that without any problems and now I am just another dissapointed customer who had to take the business elsewhere...

CISAS and Ofcom have nothing to do with the TV side of things unfortunatly. Your broadband is key to escalating the complaint. Read this here but use the email address that rebel11 posted for correspondance. Let us know how you get on.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Just read this too it does state they would resolve a complaint in 28 days of receipt. I think I have other option than write to CEO as well now. Not sure if I should send/scan a copy of all the debt collectors letters to go with my original complaint and correspondence that lead up that point as well? Or just send the actual complaint letter?

Hang on..Virgin are hardly responsible for adverts, repets, etc !..They dont run any of the channels (They did of course have two channels before they dissapeared).

Personally I,m very pleased with my Virgin service, I pay £28 a month for L TV package and 10mb broadband (just this minute done a test and the speed was 10.20 mb so thats excellent :)

I dont pay a line rental fee coz I dont use the phone service which is another saving (and something that no other ISP can do coz you need the phone for the data connection).

I have had occasion to call them out to fix stuff but only about twice in 10 years and always been quick and sorted the problem.

Andy

Getting 4 meg broadband for 5 months when on a 30 meg package sounds really off. Just to make sure you've tested everything ('cos I'd hate for them to turn around and say that you're in the wrong and you've had 30 meg all the time)

How are you testing the speed? Sometimes online checkers are not accurate (if someone else on your home network is downloading, they take up a chunk, and if windows is updating, or even if the test site is flooded)

The best test is to only have 1 device on the network, and simultaniously download about 3 or 4 files, total the speeds and see what rate you get, keep in mind that you have to multiply that figure by 8 to get howmany megabits per second you get, as windows talk in megabytes per second.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Well i use a number of speed tests

Mybroadbandspeed.co.uk

Speedtest.net

www.bbmax.speedtest.com

all read at 4mb download 1mb upload

i used to get 30 - 31mb download and 3mb upload dead on all the time.

I have sent letter after letter, email after email and half of the time you get no response

I sent an email to neil berkett and suprise suprise they said he cannot deal with my request personally and they have passed it on to one of his team and i will be contacted by monday.

Im also moving house soon to a pvt property but they won't allow cable to be installed and said it would have to be ADSL and for the job i do i cant be without internet so had to order BT Infinity which ive read good reviews about but come to the end of my tether with VM now.

If they won't cancel it because im under contract then ill cancel all direct debits and fight any court action they take against myself, i have had good credit with virgin media all payments paid on top no matter how high or low the bills are and this is how i get treaten.

All the optional extra's ive paid £30 for the super hub activation, £40 install for the tivo box, £49 tivo activation, £3 tivo fee per month

I sent my email off as well today and got a reply saying someone in his team will be in contact in 24h hopefully this means I can finally get this sorted and get the debt recovery lot off my back as well

(they shouldnt even be chasing this as its in dispute and always has been) I hope you get yours sorted as well.

Mine has been sorted! They cleared the balance and closed the account and notified the debt recovery company :) hope you have a resolution to your as well. I wouldnt of been able to do this without all the help from everyone on this site. Very grateful for all of the advice.

Little spanner from me before you decide all is sorted, check your credit file and make sure nothing untoward is on there.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 2 months later...

Had major problems with Virgin went the CEO route and was contacted by a Sue Smith who wasnt even prepared to discuss part of my complaint as it had occurred a year ago. Less than 4 months of my contract left and then they wont see me for dust.

• 1 month later...

I always see so many people complaining about Virgin Media but I have never had any problems with them since they took over from NTL. Sometimes downloads get a bit poor but thats probably due to me being on a 10MB line, same with the TV everything is always fine.

The thing I have noticed is that in my area people seem to be fine, but in other areas Virgin Media seems to be a real bone of contention.

• 4 weeks later...

mine's the same, 50mb/s package, lucky if I get 5mb/s!!

one tech advisor said the UBR (a router in their exchange) for our area needs replacing so all the download speeds here are down. It might be the same where you are. I believe they are oversubscribed and can't deliver 'superfast' broadband, but they won't admit this in their customer service department or reduce our bill. All they do is blame our PC when there is nothing wrong with it, I actually laughed when they said it was a virus (I use linux not windows, now they blame linux instead!). So I'm going to OFCOM, I was looking for advice on here :)

All the best with your complaint, their forum is full of the same story, it is disgraceful.

This is their complaints code.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/content/dam/allyours/pdf/Consumer%20Complaint%20code%20Jan%2011.pdf

Follow that for taking your complaint further.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar