style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a problem with ScottishPower. I lived in a small 1 bedroom flat by myself from Oct 09- Sept-10, and I didn't get any bills whilst I was there. When I moved into the property, the Landlord did not mention anything about the bills, he just said I was responsible for the council tax, and looking back, I probably should have asked him then, but nevermind.

When it came to about 4 weeks from me moving out, a bill finally arrived, for the sum of £950-ish (not entirely sure). I was obviously gobsmacked, that after nearly a year they had finally sent me a bill, and a bill that no where near reflects my usage. So I contacted Scottish Power, and I remember giving them some meter readings of sorts but before anything could be sorted out I was in the middle of a stressful move from my flat to another one. I did make sure to send a letter to Scottish Power with my new forwarding address, also left one for my landlord. I moved to my new place, and didn't hear from Scottish Power until a year later of moving into my new flat.

I didn't hear from Scottish Power though, it was a debt collection company Buchanan Wells & Clark requesting payment for Scottish Power for over £1500!! I was annoyed to say the least, so I have contacted Scottish Power and opened a complaint with them, not expecting the complaint to go far, because who are they going to side with? Themselves.

Scottish Power have now sent me a final account bill of £1112.42 for the time I was at the property, after trying to bill me from 0ctober 2009 to january 2011. They have offered me a 18 month payment plan of £61 pounds a month, which to be honest if far to high for me, I earn a pitiful income as I am on apprentice wage and get paid £95 a week.

Also, this bill is an Estimated Bill, and its nearly £200 more than the bill I remember getting just before I moved. Surely there is something wrong here? Scottish Power want my tenancy agreement or meter reading, both of which I do not have, its been more than a year since I lived there, and I have no contact details for the landlord.

This has been a really bad experience for me, and to be honest I am not happy at the way I've been treated. Is there anything I can do to get this stupidly infalted bill reduced?? There is no way 1 person can use that much electricity in a small 1 bedroom flat, especially as I am careful with wasting energy, I lived in my parents 8 bedroom house with my 5 brothers and sisters and we had a pre pay meter, and we never got through more than £10 a week!

If anybody has any advice, or previous experience I would really appreciate some help, thank you for taking the time to read this very long post.

Hi Chris

Welcome to CAG

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

There is a Scottish Power Rep on this site, who can look into the matter for you. They should pick your thread up.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?292313-ScottishPower-Company-Rep

Further info:-

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE