• Tweets

• 1. who knows... 2. not the whole A/C vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th b'day ...already carefully explain this. 3.yes 4.already carefully explain this.
    • if i remember rightly, long ago in one of the first drafts of the old proposed gov't overhauls, there was a listing of recommended 'charges' that inc wrong reg = £20. some PPC's implemented such changes in advance. then later as it looked increasing likely the new code was never going to be implemented after it's 1st review and another set of codes was to be debated they all quietly revert back .......... dx
    • Potentially it may not even get sold on? Just the default left for 6 years then gone? but if it is sold on ill get a letter from the DCA which is the notice of assignment? Sorry what is the different between a default notice and a default cal marker? yes, i may try and work arrangements out with the OCs after the breathing space but I'll see my circumstances then thank you again for all your help and patience, I really appreciate it and apologies If i am too fast or repeating myself.
    • receiving a default NOTICE (forget simple default cal markers) does not mean it will get sold on... OC's very very rarely do court themselves.  if it does you would receive a Notice of Assignment from the debt buyer/DCA.  as for reduced payment if it remains with the OC and they issue a DN, no harm in trying but lets get all your ducks inline first. dx  
    • okay thanks do you know how long it will take for it to get to the DCA or could the OC try and issue a CCJ? even though it's unlikely also for example would the OC agree to a reduction and a small payment over a super lengthy period of time if agreed? Rather than go through chasing apologies again for all the questions, just trying to understand all the possible scenarios.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

LLoyds loan defaulted in 2006

The Debt Star
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a loan with Lloyds defaulted in 2006. Earlier this year they sold the account to Wescot.

lloyds marked my CRFs as "settled." The default is still there, but settled.

Wescot have just filed the same debt (which they now own) as a default with the CRAs. The dates for both are the same (2006 default) but can they file 2 separate entries for the one debt?

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

As the original file is settled and the new one

has the same date, you could request the

removal now of the original, although they

will probably consider that it is a true picture

of the account.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

right so it is possible to have two defaults filed for the same debt then. because that's what it is. 2 "Default" markers for the same debt, same start date, same default sum, same default date. Just 2 separate entries now. Great.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

It's no two defaults the original has been

settled by a debt purhase and so is settled

the ''new'' entry shows exactly the same details

It seems this is a ''change'' showing up more

recently though as there was usually an updating

of the files by a new owner, which often led to

2 enitirely different entries niether showing settled,

far more damaging than 1 settled and the '' new one''.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

ok, but does that mean the "settled" one - which still has a red "Default" blob on the payments history - stays on my file for 6 years afetr Arrow settled it or does it come off on the anniversary it defaulted?

All default entries are removed on the anniversary of the

default date paid or not.#

Brig.

Only the owner can register the original default date, if Lloyds have sold the debt then they have no right to process your data any longer. The purchaser of the debt becomes responsible for all CF entries.

I had a similar thing with Natwest and they removed the listing as soon as I made them aware of it.

Sold or not the original creditor will

still be holding records for 6 years,

how else would we be getting information

by Subject Access Request??

Retaining information for 6 years is required under law, this does not give companies the right to list your data with the CRA once the debt has been sold. This responsibility passes over to the purchaser of the debt.

As always SAR the original creditor and always double check that default date.

• Confused 1

I did not say it gives any right to the creditor

to process the data,only that it is retained.

Retaining information for 6 years is required under law, this does not give companies the right to list your data with the CRA once the debt has been sold. This responsibility passes over to the purchaser of the debt.

As always SAR the original creditor and always double check that default date.

Hi m8. I already have the SAR and its defo the SAME debt. The DCA purchased it from Lloyds earlier in the year. On Equifax there are TWO entries - both with Defaults recorded for this same debt.

Interestingly, on Experian the Lloyds debt was simply changed to the name of the DCA, so just the one entry there. Equifax is the problem.

I had a similar thing with Natwest and they removed the listing as soon as I made them aware of it.

So you recommend a letter to Lloyds, as opposed to Equifax, pointing out the duplication?

that was the impression your post gave, more misinformation. Its becoming a recurring theme from you Brig.

If you bother to read the post properly I clearly said the oc will be holding records

not processing them, quite clear and explicit, for any one of even a low reading age

in my opinion.

Hi, DS, you always need to contact the company

that plced the entry on the file, and copy in the cra and

place notice of dispute on the entry.

there is also the delay on Equifax which cause you

to see the last report that you ordered which may

no longer be current so you do not see updates at

that point.

• dx100uk changed the title to LLoyds loan defaulted in 2006