Bombshell DWP letter

grannygaye
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This Morning I received a letter from the DWP stating that I owed them the sum of £3050.80, they had contacted me previously and that they wanted the outstanding amount by 1/12/2011.

The last communication I had with the DWP was in 2005, since then I have moved house and got married, at no time since then have I claimed any benefits or had any communication with this department. I rang up the number on the letter and spoke to a woman who informed me that they had 'Traced me' and that I should make arrangements to pay them back, as it was a FRAUD case and that I had been interviewed under caution" this dear reader is news to me, at no time in my life have I ever been cautioned......Also because the debts in question have an appeal time of only ONE month I could not appeal, I asked this person how come as the Client I had a time limit in which to appeal, but they as a department have an open ended time in which to recover the allegeded debt, I was informed that she didn't make the rules. I explained that I have NO income, she then asked how did I live?

I have asked for copies of all communications which I am supposed to have received and was informed that as soon as I hang up she would make a request.....

Further to the original posting

I forgot to mention I did have dealings with the DWP in 2004 regarding an alledged overpayment of Income Support of approximately £1250, after numerous telphone calls I was reliably informed that I did not in fact owe any overpayment of the Income Support and it was in fact an error on there behalf. In March 2005 I had communications with the DWP regarding an outstanding amount for a social fund loan of approximately £300, since this date I have had no contact with the DWP nor have I claimed any benefits whatsoever, in September 2005 I married and moved house but I did go into my local Job centre to see if I was elegible for anything as I was not employed, so I did register with this department and they were fully aware of my change of name and change of address, now after over six years I receive the aforementioned correspondence....Thanks for any help...

I think the DWP are trawling their old database for potential get money from people.

I had a call last night from the DWP debt agency at 8.35pm

I laughed at them having had the case dismissed by one judge (2009)

and then when the DWP went criminal the second judge (2010) found me Not Guilty.

My "crime" ? carer's allowance and some sub-set of income support

while caring for my paraplegic father full time in my home

while also bringing up two daughters as a single parent.

Well it can be as income support is means tested.

So the DWP benefit clerk found something called "Family Premium"

The local council did not give me a council tax reduction even though I was unemployed

and had converted property to support disabled father.

When I pointed out that aspect the judges in both cases lost interest in what the DWP had to say.

I only mentioned it to calm the nerves of the original poster that the DWP are currently fishing, including cases they have lost in court.

It would appear I have a love letter from the DWP chasing the so called debt.

Very annoyed by this as I have been through the court system on TWO occasions.

The first the DWP case was dismissed, the second I was found not guilty.

So next week it is off to see my solicitor, try to contact my MP.

I think harassment is the actual phrase since the last court appearance was getting on for two years ago.