• Tweets

• No, do the section 75 chargeback to your credit card provider.
    • See what dx thinks but it seems to me that sending a photo of your own pass isn't relevant to what happened. Let's wait and see what he says. HB
    • 1st letter image.pdf1st letter 2nd page.pdf
    • Many thanks for the replies and advice!   I what to send this email to the Starbucks CEO and the area manager. Your thoughts would be appreciated.   [email protected] [email protected]   Re: MET Parking PNC at your Starbucks Southgate site   Dear Ms Rayner, / Dear Heather Christie,   I have received a Notice to Keeper regarding a Parking Charge Notice of £100 for the driver parking in the Southgate Park Car Park, otherwise infamously known as the Stanstead Starbucks/McDonalds car park(s).   Issued by: MET Parking Services Ltd Parking Charge Notice Number: XXXXXXXXX Vehicle Registration Number: XXXX XXX Date of Contravention: XX.XX.XXXX Time: XX:XX - XX:XX   After a little research it apears that the driver is not alone in being caught in what is commonly described as a scam, and has featured in the national press and on the mainstream television.   It is a shame that the reputation of Starbucks is being tarnished by this, with your customers leaving the lowest possible reviews on Trustpilot and Trip Advisor at this location, and to be associated with what on the face of it appears to be a doubious and predatory car park management company.   In this instance, during the early hours of the morning the driver required a coffee and parked up outside Starbucks with the intention of purchasing one from yourselves. Unfortunately, you were closed so the driver walked to McDonalds next door and ordered a coffee, and for this I have received the Notice to Keeper.   It is claimed that the car park is two separate car parks (Starbucks/McDonalds). However, there is no barrier or road markings to identity a boundary, and the signage in the car park(s) and outside your property is ambiguous, as such the terms would most likely be deemed unfair and unenforcable under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.   I understand that Starbucks-Euro Garages neither operate or benefit from the charges imposed by MET Parking. However, MET Parking is your client.   Additionally, I understand that the charge amount of £100 had previously been upheld in court due to a ‘legitimate interest in making sure that a car park was run as efficiently as possible to benefit other drivers as well as the local stores, keeping cars from overstaying’.   However, this is not applicable when the shop or store is closed (as was the case here), as there is no legitimate interest. Therefore, the amount demanded is a penalty and is punitive, again contravening the Consumer Rights Act 2015.   As the driver’s intention of the visit was genuine, I would be grateful if you could please instruct your client to cancel this Notice to Keeper/Parking Charge Notice.   Kind regards
    • I received the promised call back from the Saga man today who informed me that the undertakers have decreed it IS a modification and they will need to recalculate a quote individually for me. However it all sounds very arbitrary. The more I think about it, and with help from forum replies, the more I am sure that it is not a modification. If for example the original seatback had become damaged by a spillage or a tear, I would be entitled to replace it with the nearest available part. The problem is when it comes to a payout after an accident, there is no telling what an individual insurer will decide when he notices the change. I am still undecided which of the two best routes to go with, either don't mention the replacement at all, or fill in the quote form without mentioning, and when it comes to buying the insurance over the phone, mention it at the time.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Peterbard V Yorkshire Bank **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have joined the fun at the latter stages of this one I have already gone through the preliminary stages Letter 1 the LBA and have just filled in my moneyclaim application.

I have had the usual letters although the last one had me worried a bit the final paragraph reading,” If you should proceed in taking this matter to court we may counterclaim for breach of contract”.

Is there nothing we can do about these totally outlandish bullying tactics?

I noticed there was no way to attach my schedule of charges am I right in assuming this appears when payment is accepted?

Would one of you have a look at my claim and see if it is ok it is basically the one on the template.

I have a contract with the defendant bank account no;******** which is conducted on their standard terms

and conditions. I am claiming the return of

money taken by the defendant in the way of

charges over the last 6 years totalling £677. The bank's

charges are a disproportionate penalty and

therefore unenforceable as they are

contrary to common law. Further, as a

disproportionate penalty they are invalid

under the Unfair (Contracts) Terms Act 1977

s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer

Contracts Regulations 1999. Para.8 and sch.2

(1)(e). In the event that the charges are

not a penalty then they are unreasonable

within the meaning of the Supply of Goods

and Services Act 1982 s.15.

The claimant claims interest under section

69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the

rate of 8% a year from, See attached

schedule of charges till the 25th September

2006 £172.61 and also interest at the same rate up

until the date of judgement or earlier

payment at a daily rate of 0.022%(14

pence).

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

No, if you're going the MCOL route, you can't attach a schedule of charges. SO remove the "See attached schedule of charges " part. And you have forgotten the date "from ...."

You could alter it to add "schedule of charges to be/has been sent separately to Defendant" or words to that effect.

Or you could file with an N1 which you take to court, so that you can then attach the schedule.

Thanks for that I will carry on with the MCOL ,it seems easier to keep track of as this wil be the first of four claims.

5%Donation promised.

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• 1 month later...

Got my defence to the calaim from the Yorkshire today seems to be pretty much the same as everyone elses. They waited right to the 27 th day after the claim was filed to reply.Whats new?

Hi

Can someone tell me where the guidence notes are on here for filling in my AQ i know i have seen them somewhere but now i can't find them.

Many thanks

You are a diamond geezer

Thanks

Peter

• 1 month later...

Settled in full recieved letter this morning.

Donation on it'as way as soon as i get the cheque

Many Thanks Petr

Many thanks to you all.

Donation on it's way as soon as i recieve the cheque.

Now for Northern Rock.

Well Chuffed

Peter

well done peter, but be warned they are dragging their feet with the cheques. I agreed to settle on the 24th Nov. Still no cheque.

Spanish Holiday Rental - 10% off BAG and CAG Members

www.rent-in-spain.org.uk

Progress so far:

Yorkshire Bank - LBA 26/07/06 £1001.00 - £500.50 offered and rejected

RBS Credit Card - Settled £200.00

Sainsburys - Settled in full £100.00

JD WIlliams - Settled in full £50.00

Argos Card Services - £98 - offered £60 and rejected.

Abbey Mortgages - MCOL 2nd October - Deadline 21st

Have you contacted them ?

Petr

The case was due to go to court in february .In the form I signed acccepting the offer there was a court document canceling the claim. In their offer they stated that they would not present this to the court untill the payment had been made to me.

In hindsight i perhaps should have given them a time frame for setlement because,going from previos experiance with them, they like to drag things out till the last possible moment,which would probably mean I will get the money just before they were due to go to trial.

I might take ecception to this i will sleep on it.

Cheers Peter

Hi Peter,

I did contact the Clydsdale legal team last week, they told me i should get it before christmas, but i think i may try again tomorrow. They do take the pi**

I have not sent off the court paperwork yet, i kept it, and sent them a copy only.

Spanish Holiday Rental - 10% off BAG and CAG Members

www.rent-in-spain.org.uk

Progress so far:

Yorkshire Bank - LBA 26/07/06 £1001.00 - £500.50 offered and rejected

RBS Credit Card - Settled £200.00

Sainsburys - Settled in full £100.00

JD WIlliams - Settled in full £50.00

Argos Card Services - £98 - offered £60 and rejected.

Abbey Mortgages - MCOL 2nd October - Deadline 21st

Hi Peter, I hope you dont mind, I am asking your advise. I have today 18th Dec received a letter from bank with a cheque attached for about 1/3 of the claimed costs. I am writing to them to reject this offer and telling them I will be taking them to court. How many days do I wait till I start the ball rolling and get court documentation sorted?

thanks Fi

Hi Micky

I got a similar letter before they agreed to settle in full.

Whatever you do don't cash the cheque as that will indicate you have accepted their offer. I sent it back (recorded) and informed them that the original timescale still applied. In other words the court action will commence 14 days from the LBA. In my case i got a letter settling in full the next week although I have yet to receive the money. I think it is a good idea to stick to your original timescale.

Hope this Helps

Peter

Hooray Got my Cheque this morning just in time for the January sales (once it clears).

Thanks to everyone for the help and now for Northern rock and the wifes capital One which have been at the LBA stage for some weeks waiting for thre funds to go to court .

Donation on it's way as soon as the cheque clears

Peter

Congratulations!

Yorkshire Bank - owe me £1956

Prelim letter sent 17/07/06

"Forget it" letter received 19/07/06

LBA sent 21/07/06

Claim submitted 08/08/06

Defence received Day 28 07/09/06

Allocation questionnaire sent 13/09/06

YB offer £1588 + £120 costs 27/09/06

Rejected! 29/09/06

YB offer £1985 + £220 costs 21/12/06

Accepted! 22/12/06