Motor trade insurance co v Me!.. repost from insurance forum

oddjobbob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First ever post, so please be kind...

In January 2006 I was in a car accident (my fault). at the time I was in the motor trade and was insured, but the damage to the other party's car was minimal and I got it repaired for them by the professional repairshop I had used for years. They were happy with the repair... no isurance company involved, great, although I DID telephone the broker to say that I'd had an accident but wouldn't be claiming (they have no record of this, which is unsurprising as 5 1/2 years have gone by..)

Anyway about a year later I got a call from a no win no fee lawyer saynig that their client had whiplash. I told them I wanted nothing to do with it.

It went on and on, with Helphire getting involved, etc. but I stonewalled them and said I wouldn't get involved.

Earlier this year I got a summons from the MIB saynig thst they had paid out several thuosand pounds to the other party and that as an unisured driver I was liable!

I told them that I ws not and never had been an uninsured driver and gave them my details: apparently as it's the MIB the insurance company are compelled to pay the claim if I was insured with them at the time.

The brokers have today told me that they wouldn't e surprised if the insurance company subsequently came after me for the sun they've got to pay out.

Can they do this successfully?

Bob

progress.gifclear.gif Reply clear.gif Reply With Quote multiquote_40b.png Promote to Article