style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Steve Welcome.1st choice DO NOTHING,or send Rockwell a short note which states,I have never heard of your company or Arrow Global and I do not have any idea what you are referring to with the 14K alleged debt,unless you can produce further fully detailed information,I do not expect to hear from you again.

Rockwell are a DCA who do a lot of work for Arrow Global who are debt purchasers amongst other things.Do Rockwell state that Arrow Global own the debt?

When I say do nothing,just let Rockwell send you another letter see what that brings forth,usually it is a repeat of the first letter

Regards FS

Thank you for the reply.

I sent Rockwell a quick email stating that I don't know who Arrow Global or what the debt is for. I'll wait to see what they come back with.

All they stated was the amount..to be exact £13,786.31 owed to their client Arrow Global.

They don't actually state what the debt is for.

The Email is fine,it asks the right questions.Leave it alone now until they answer all of your questions.

There are a number of things that should have happened and the reply to your email should reveal all with luck.If you dont get all of the answers do not contact Rockwell

Regards FS

personally i'd send a full subjcet access request to see what they have on you

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

I would suggest doing nothing until

it is explained who the original creditor

is.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

clearly an outfit that knows his name and address. i'd want to know how they got that info.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

If Arrow have purchased a debt they

would have that information at least.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

If Arrow have purchased a debt they

would have that information at least.

"I have absolutely no idea what this debt is for or indeed who Arrow Global are."

Perhaps they haven't purchased it. Thats the point isn't it.

Steve as in your letter 3, of this thread you have asked the right questions,you need do nothing else,just wait for Rockwell to at least tell you who the OC was or is,because without this information you need do absolutely nothing.

Regards FS

• 1 year later...

I would be very grateful if someone could please help me. I keep on getting threatening letters from Rockwell Debit Agency and Arrow Global. These Letters are address to a Emma Brooks. My name is not Emma Brooks. This person stole my identity. She even managed to get my banking details and arrange for a debit recovery agency to take money out of my bank account, when I saw this, I immediately contacted my bank and got the direct debit reversed and requested a full refund. This person was even on my credit file. I spoke with the Credit Referral Agencies (Equifax), they assisted me with the correct information to contact the Debit Agency, I supplied them with evidence that I was not Emma Brooks, and that Emma Brooks stole my identity. Her name was removed from my credit file. Every year I get a threatening letter from a Debit recovery agency with regards to this Emma Brooks, and every year I have to repeat the process. Rockwell and Arrow are even phoning my place of employment and my concerns are because I work for a well recognised company within the United Kingdom, I might lose my employment because of Rockwell and Arrow. Can I take legal action against Rockwell and Arrow because of all the stress and depression that they are causing me.

PLEASE, I would be so grateful if someone could help and guide me with regards to what steps I can take to stop all of this. My health is not very good and, with all this additional stress my health is getting worse.

Please help me.

Hi welcome to CAG, How do you mean this person was on your credit file, as a joint account holder or linked address.

I am going to draft a letter for you to send the Arrow Global and Rockwell it will take me a while as I have couple of things to do, I think this will stop the problem.

Back soon.

You send this recorded delivery to the Data Controllers of AG and Rockwell

Ref: use the ones on their letter.

Formal Complaint/ Notice of Disassociation/ Letter Before Action.

Dear sir,

I write in regard to the correspondence addressed to one Emma Brooks regarding a debt for £xxxx.xx pleass take not I am not the debtor you seek it has been established that I have been subject to identity theft, the OFT Guidance states that I do not have to provide evidence that I am not the debtor.

Arrow Global have also been telephoning my place of work which hase caused me considerable embarrassment you will therefore cease all such conduct immediately and remove all data relating to me from your records.

The constant harassing phone calls are affecting my health and ability to work I am now preparing a complaint to the OFT and the ICO regarding the conduct of your company in this matter.

I have sought advice on this matter and have been advised to seek redress for the stress, embarrassment caused by your actions and considering the length of time

this has gone on a sum of £1500.00 has been suggested as reasonable given that I am in danger of loosing my employment directly because of your companies actions.

For clarification you will cease all telephone contact to my place of work, and my home, I will take legal action for harassment and seek damages and costs if you fail to comply immediately with the requirements laid out above.

Thank you, I will send the letter today. Thank you so much for helping me, I promise to keep you updated. Last night I was so sick that I could not even think. It feels like there is no light at the end of the tunnel with regards to these threats, hopefully this is stop now.

Bless you for all your kindness.

You have only to ask if you need further help, just remember they are only debt collectors not judges, bailiffs or police so relax now and have a good Christmas.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Please could you be as kind as to help me again.

I received a letter today from Arrow Global quoting the following:-

Miss Emma Brooks,

Debt owed to Arrow Global Guernsey Limited

Assigned by PHO (Account Number

We write further to your letter dated 21/12/2012, the content of which has been noted.

We refer you back to our letter dated 19/12/2012 in which we enclosed a fraud form however till date we have not received this back. Please see attached another copy for your reference.

If you believe we have the wrong Miss Brooks rather than this being fraud, please confirm how long you have lived at your current address in order for us to establish if this is fraud or a mistrace.

Arrow Global takes all disputes very seriously and (unless satisfied that you are unable to do so) requires that details are provided in writing. This allows internal investigation procedures to commence with a view to resolving any dispute.

We do not agree with your claim for compensation therefore this request has been rejected.

This account has been placed on hold with Rockwell, whilst under investigation and we look forward to hearing from you.

Telephone the number below to make arrangements to pay your debit.

0800 1300169 (opening hours are 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday)

Correspondence address: Belvedere, 12 Booth Street, Manchester, M2 4AW

Like I previous said to you, I'm not Emma Brooks. This person has been haunting me since the day I set foot into the United Kingdom and I truly don't know which way to turn any more. How I wish I had someone to fight for me with regards to this matter. I feel so alone and I just don't know which way to turn anymore.

19/12/2012

Miss Emma Brooks

We thank you for your recent email and note you are disputing the above debt on the basis that fraud has been committed.

Arrow Global takes all disputes seriously and (unless satisfied that you are unable to do so) requires that details are provided in writing. This allows internal investigation procedures to commence with a view to resolving any disputes. In that regard we would be obliged if you could use the form on the reverse of this letter to provide full details of the alleged fraud.

This account is currently being operated on our behalf by Tessera. We will deal with this dispute only and all other enquiries should be direct to them.

We confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending your response, however please note that failure to provide details as requested will not permanently suspend the collection process. In the circumstances please return this letter with the form on the reverse duly completed within 10 days from the date herein.

Please can someone help me.

I am confused. You say you are not Emma brooks but she stole your identity, yet the debt is in the name of Emma Brooks. Is your name similar. If not just write to arrow and say you are not Emma Brooks you have no idea who she is or where she lives. Also tell them you are a national of whatever country and can provide proof if needed.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

If you are not the person concerned then get to the Police station and get a crime number etc then go to the ICO and make a complaint about them as you have stated to them you are not that Identity and after all that once sorted claim compensation.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

This goes back a while I remember advising you before.

Send The following to the Data Controller at AG by recorded delivery.

Ref: Use theirs.

Sir,

I refer top uour letter regarding a debt alleged debt your administering on behalf of Tessera Please not I xxxx xxxxx am NOT Emma Brooks and deny any liability for any alleged debt to Arrow Global or your client.

As you must be fully aware or most certainly should be the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2012 clearly state in section 3.9 (j) (deceptive and unfair practices) ''Requiring an individual to prove he (she) not the actual debtor who owes an outstanding debt).

If Arrow Global ot its' client continues to contact me now that I have stated clearly that I AM NOT THE ALLEGED DEBTOR YOU SEEK, I WILL make a complaint of harassment, and for your enlightenment this matter arose some considerable time ago so my opinion this allged debt has been passed around the deptths of the so called ''debt collection indusrty'' and has surfaced again because of incompetence and or outright stupidity.

This is my FINAL RESPONSE any further contact amounts to harassment.

Thanks Brigadier

Excellent letter and providing the OP is being straight up with us and i have no reason to believe otherwise it should do the trick.

From experience Arrow are fairly straight. So far as and Dca is.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Yes, if this is a case of stolen Identity, then you should be able report it to the Police - then you would simply need to give Arrow Global the crime number you will be given.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

CB needless to say admin did not respond to my complaint.

Moving on,that is the question,is this identity theft or has someone got hold of the OPs bank details by some means.

As said earlier this matter goes back a considerable time and was dealt with, as is usual with ''problem'' accounts it is passed around this despicable industry until there is no where else for it to go.

Hi there,

Please direct me in the right direction. Do I go now to the Police with all the paperwork and tell them that my identity was stolen a number of years ago, and say under oath that I'm not Emma Brooks. Do I take my passport and birth certificates and all forms of identity to prove my identity?

Thank you for all your help.