Claire Marshall

MNBA Help Please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2904 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Thank you flowerchild you have been brilliant.

I do have a Halifax Credit Card I took out in 2006 which am having that looked at.

Do you think its a good idea to do a balance transfer from MBNA onto Halifax!!

Thank you flowerchild you have been brilliant.

I do have a Halifax Credit Card I took out in 2006 which am having that looked at.

Do you think its a good idea to do a balance transfer from MBNA onto Halifax!!

That would be your decision, it would be against the rules of this forum to advise someone to transfer a balance with the intention of defaulting it, if you see what I mean...

Apart from that, there's no guarantee the Halifax 2006 will be unenforceable, not everything pre-2007 is! The only way to find out is to go through the documents, with older accounts or those that have been sold several times there's always a chance they may not have an agreement but not very likely to be the case with a 2006 account!

I finally received a so called "copy of executed agreement" from mbna.

I am confused at this because of the following:-

a: Copy is of executed agreement taken out in 2009, this has been electronically signed, but not signed manually i.e. My signature is not present

b: A second agreement has been given to me with my new address, this agreement is unsigned and has not been electronically signed either

also on the second agreement there appears to be no signature box either.

I am confused with mbna how can they provide me with a second agreement when i have not signed it with my new address??

Is this legal - very confused??

Please help!!??

Is this the same matter as your thread here?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?328019-MBNA-are-idiots!!&p=3627015#post3627015

If so you would be better to stick to one thread for this issue otherwise advice is duplicated.

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Claire you have been asked before to stick to one thread for one issue. It makes advising you extremely difficult.

All your MBNA threads have now been merged into one. You can find your threads easy enough by clicking on "UserCP" at the top of the screen.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I finally received a so called "copy of executed agreement" from mbna.

I am confused at this because of the following:-

a: Copy is of executed agreement taken out in 2009, this has been electronically signed, but not signed manually i.e. My signature is not present

b: A second agreement has been given to me with my new address, this agreement is unsigned and has not been electronically signed either

also on the second agreement there appears to be no signature box either.

I am confused with mbna how can they provide me with a second agreement when i have not signed it with my new address??

Is this legal - very confused??

Please help!!??

Claire,

Unfortunately the answers you'll get may not always be what you'd like to hear! The answer to your query was not my personal point of view but a statement of the facts as they are and you can do your own research and will find nothing different.

In a nutshell: if your card was taken out in 2009 you can't really use unenforceability in your favour. I would like to be able to tell you otherwise as I myself have an unenforceable MBNA CC so I can understand why you would like to take this route but it won't work in your case because your account is just too recent!

You should also be aware that The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Electronic Communications) Order 2004 states that ticking the box is the equivalent of a signature for online applications made after 2004. The document is here: http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/content.aspx?LegType=All+Legislation&title=Consumer+Credit&searchEnacted=0&extentMatchOnly=0&confersPower=0&blanketAmendment=0&sortAlpha=0&TYPE=QS&PageNumber=1&NavFrom=0&parentActiveTextDocId=996470&ActiveTextDocId=996470&filesize=59499

Hope that clarifies matters for you!

You will notice that not everybody gets taken to court for unpaid debts, however, should MBNA or a DCA start court action, you will not have a defense based on the issues you've posted. Everyone (including OCs and DCAs) knows about the changes to the CCA enacted in April 2007 and will use the age of your account to their advantage.

• Haha 1

Thank you sweetie advice taken and understood.

I do have a Halifax credit card which I took out in September 2006, which is currently being looked into so hopefully that one will be unenforceable!!

I might just write to MBNA and ask them to stop adding the interest so that I can pay the balance only; see how they respond.

If they dont then I can just do a balance transfer onto another card and avoid interest that way.

I can see how you feel about MBNA and their obscene interest, that's what made me default in the first place as suddenly the balance was going UP despite keeping up payments every month :frusty: - the balance went over the limit because of their interest hike in 2009 and there was PPI on top! They also charged overlimit charges but I only went over limit because of THEM! I wrote to them and they came back with a load of poo so I just stopped paying them almost 2 years ago! :mad2: :mad2:

MBNA ****ed me off soooo much I was even looking into a CMC like you (CCK in my case, ouch! :embarassed::oops:) just to get back at the b******s, I couldn't believe that, while the BoE dropped the base rate to nearly zero to stimulate the economy, these sharks were using the opportunity to line their pockets, knowing balance transfers were few & far between at the time! I was unemployed and most of my savings went down the drains just to keep up with payments, only to be swallowed up by their interest & charges! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

So I haven't paid them a penny for two years and the account is UE as they have no trace of a CCA, they have admitted as much in writing... :whoo:

So you see I fully understand your frustration with them, it's a shame UE doesn't apply to newer accounts as the Powers That Be decided to side with the banks when they passed the new CCA in 2006, knowing how useless and inefficient financial institutions were, they decided to repeal the section that made it possible to challenge their agreements... :-x

Yes, you should consider a balance transfer if you have the option, why line the pockets of MBNA? :?:

Best of luck!

Thanks hun, the fact that MBNA have sent me a credit agreement that has not been executed as far as I can see I might seek advice about it as well.

If I can't get anywhere with it, then I will do a balance transfer.

Thanks for the help by the way!! xx

Hi all, hope you are well.

Just received an interesting letter from MBNA

Considering my account is in dispute over a non executed agreement, the greedy buggers have sent me a ltter about raising my interest rate from 15.9% to 24.9%

Aren't they greedy sods, even the rate of inflation aint 9%!!

How can they get away with this!!

I have sent them a letter about it objecting to the increasing as it will make the debt worse!!

Anyone else got this problems with MBNA!!??

Just remember to remind them, that the 'account is in dispute', when you send them letters.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/credit-card-interest-rate-increases

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

Hi Claire

Have merged your thread you started today (#29 and #30) above..

Please please stick to one thread per issue.

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thank you rebel, I have sent them another letter saying account is in dispute.

I also telephoned the Financial Ombudsman Service to tell them and they are not happy with it either.

I have told MBNA that if they increase my rates I will go bankrupt as they are putting too much financial strain on me by upping my rates by 9%!!

Hopefuly this might do the trick!!