• Tweets

• and more positive change From next year, mobile phone, paid television and broadband companies must inform customers of any price rises at the point of sale. The changes, ordered by Ofcom, will come into force on 17 January and mean that any mid-contract price rises must be given “in pounds and pence” and in a “clear and comprehensible” way.   Taken a change of government to do it after years of bluster about it eh?   Mobile phone companies banned from hiking prices mid-contract based on inflation WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK The new year plan ensures providers are transparent on prices at the point of sale  
    • Could he/ his partner set up a new internet bank account?  In his name ? It depends which country, I imagine. Most UK banks want proof of address and ID, probably more. If your friend/partner can use the house address and provide bills that could help. You would need to look at various online banks and see what their requirements are. Or there are expat accounts but I haven't looked closely at how they work. Could I then get his pension diverted to that new account?  That would at least cover some costs  ( ie epc/ storage) I'd have thought the DWP would pay to a new account, as long as the person they're authorised to deal with asks them and provides details. The international pensions people in Newcastle are pretty helpful.
    • HB - he has certainly given me a challenge ! I set a plan in motion. A refinance plan that would have enabled me to take time to sell one asset and sort out another for him.   The bank account blockage has hindered the plan.  His partner seems to think I can do everything w/o paying anyone for anything.  I don't mind helping - but it's not normal to clear out 2 properties, organize storage or sale of possessions, get properties ready for sale/ rent - w/o being paid.  He has the money to pay for things and services - and for my help - but the blockage prevents that. If the refinance plan could still be actioned then at least I would have some time to sell one asset.  Could he/ his partner set up a new internet bank account?  In his name ? Could I then get his pension diverted to that new account?  That would at least cover some costs  ( ie epc/ storage)
    • It's a shame that your friend didn't take care of this while he had capacity and before he left the country, isn't it? He seems to have made your mission impossible. HB
    • HB - this form and process is as I remember it from handling relatives cases.  It's a timing thing.  Which has passed in terms of my friend
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Lloyds OD and SCM

Night Owl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well folks, here we go again!!

Back in 2007 we tried, as everybody did, to take Lloyds to court over unfair overdraft charges.

The Test Case that followed meant that we eventually had our case struck out because we ran out of cash to fight further.

The thread for that is here

Our Lloyds account is no longer in use.

After suffering ongoing financial hardship we started a Debt Management Plan with Payplan.

This ticked along for a couple of years with all of our creditors agreeing to stop charging us interest, until last year when out of the blue Lloyds started playing games and started charging again.

After letters of complaint to Lloyds we took them to the Financial Ombudsman and won back the charges that they had added to our account.

The thread for that is here

They then continued with their threat-o-grams and I E-mailed the CEO of Lloyds. We eventually received an apology and £150!

Well today the post has brought us a letter before action from Lloyds Solicitors, SCM.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

• 3 weeks later...

Just sent CEO e-mail number 2 for harrassing behaviour of Lloyds.

Got Debt problems?

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

They certainly dont give up do they ?

Have you copied the FOS in on this ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

They certainly dont give up do they ?

Have you copied the FOS in on this ?

Lloyds are tough nuts to crack thats for sure CB.

The FOS said that it would have to put through as a seperate complaint to the one I put through on the charges.

I will exhaust Lloyds with this and when they send their sod off letter I will pack it all off to the FOS.

Got Debt problems?

It's like flippin' groundhog day! :evil:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Round and round and round we go.........

Got Debt problems?

Yep. Let's hope they get dizzy and fall off!! :madgrin:

Well if they carry through their threats and take you to court you've got plenty of ammo to show their unreasonable behaviour, not to mention acknowledgement that they're in the wrong. :wink:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

They wouldn't dare!!! I have deffo got plenty of ammo :D

Got Debt problems?

Ok....... well the sod off letter has come today from Lloyds. What to do now, and what do I want if I take it to the FOS. This has all been about continued harassment from Lloyds even though we are making regular payments through Payplan, of which Lloyds have regected our offer and all our other creditors have accepted and are satisfied with!!

Got Debt problems?

TawnyOwl..

Where, in the grand scheme of things do LTSB figure in your creditors' list.. ?

By that I mean.. what is the value of the monies owed to them compared to others? Are there others on the non priority list to whom you owe more?

I imagine that your DMP has offered all your creditors pro rata sums based on your disposable income.

If they are not the top of the list, then it would appear that LTSB are attempting to prioritise their debt. Which is unreasonable ?

Have you read the Lending code and OFT publication on Debt Collection? I have attached them below. The Lending Code needs to be read from Section 9 ownards and you should find plenty to help you put in a complaint to the FOS.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31952[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31953[/ATTACH]

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

TawnyOwl.. ?? :lol:

Where, in the grand scheme of things do LTSB figure in your creditors' list.. ? If I had my way? at the bottom!!

By that I mean.. what is the value of the monies owed to them compared to others? Are there others on the non priority list to whom you owe more? Middle-ish on the list of creditors.

I imagine that your DMP has offered all your creditors pro rata sums based on your disposable income. Yep.

If they are not the top of the list, then it would appear that LTSB are attempting to prioritise their debt. Which is unreasonable ? Yep but they seem to carry on despite being told that!

Have you read the Lending code and OFT publication on Debt Collection? I have attached them below. Big thank you CB 'cause I have old copies! Food for the printer at work tonight I think!! The Lending Code needs to be read from Section 9 ownards and you should find plenty to help you put in a complaint to the FOS.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31952[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31953[/ATTACH]

I am just sick to the back teeth of their continuous reinventing of games, which I suppose is exactly what they want sadly. It really is grinding me down.

Need to stay focused and get a plan together to take this forward.

Thank you CB x

Got Debt problems?

• 4 weeks later...

Account has now been sold off to Debt Collections who are now threatening court action! Their letter just made me laugh. Bring it on, I bet I have more amo. than they have. Interesting reading Bankfodders info on Fair Play. Now let me see....... not something Lloyds have been doing at all. Took them to the FOS and won and complained to the CEO of Lloyds recently too. Court Action? bring it on!!!!

Got Debt problems?

I think LTSB are tidying up their ledgers prior to selling branches to the Co-op !1

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought!

When we won on the last lot of charges through the FOS, we received a letter from Lloyds stating that the account would be passed to their Consumer Debt Recovery Dept. I have it in their letter.

Since then we have received,

1. An LBA from SC&M which I replied to.

2. Continued threat-o-grams from Lloyds concerning our unplanned overdraft.

3. A letter from Lloyds asking for a copy of our Income and Expenditure. I didn't even reply to that as they have received all of that from Payplan.

4.A further letter from Lloyds asking why we hadn't made full payment.

I complained to the CEO of Lloyds.

Then we received,

1. An LBA from MHA Collections. I replied to that!

Today we both received the same letters from MHA Collections.

!st one asks us to make contact so that they may discuss with us a way of clearing our balance!!! Maybe setting up a monthly payment!!!! Thats what we have and are doing through Payplan for the last nearly 4 years!! Or maybe we could seek independent financial help through CAB or Payplan!!

The second one states that they want a copy of our I&E!!!!! Also that "without a repayment plan in place we are instructed to continue with our action to recover the money you owe Lloyds"!!!!! "You may, therefore, receive reminder letters from us, until your accounts are passed by our client to their Debt Recovery Department."!!!

Questions to the wise reading this because it continually feels like GroundHog day with these muppets.

1. How do I respond to this? FOS? Can I take this back to the beginning in 2007 when it all went through the court system and got thrown out but still shows how we have been treated by Lloyds to get to that stage or can I only complain about their action since the last FOS complaint.

2. If Lloyds stated in their letter ages ago that the account would be sent to their Consumer Debt Recovery Department why are their muppets at the collections now having a go at us?

My head is spinning with this lot now and I am sick to the back teeth of Lloyds's continuing harrassing action. My complaints are falling on deaf ears.

Got Debt problems?

Night Owl.. (sorry I only just realised I got your name wrong before :lol:)

I think you need to write to the CEO of LTSB .. again.. bullet point all the inconsistencies..

1: They already receive an updated I&E from Payplan and have done for the last 4 years

2: An instalment plan is in place and has been for the last 4 years

3: You have a recognised DMP acting on your behalf - they should be dealing with them as your nominated go between

4: Yes, you can go back to 2007 when the courts threw it out..

5: By virtue of the above, you believe the actions of LTSB and their 3rd party agents amount to nothing more than harassment and you are now making an official complaint, which if isnt dealt with appropriately will be passed on to the Financial Ombudsman and OFT.

It might be worth you having a read of the BCOBS articles highlighted in green in my signature.. I believe action can only be taken on situations since 2009, but I am sure some of it is plain common sense and could be worked into a well crafted complaint.

If you need any help.. just yell

BCOBS

Are you sure this account has been assigned to MHA collections ?

Send the letter below in order to obtain confirmation. You will need to fill in the blanks.

Draft request for assignment - Amended Draft.doc

It will also be another bit of evidence showing that whilst there was an agreed repayment plan in place, LTSB have a) Sold the account on without a full history or b) they still retain the account yet have employed a 3rd party to intimidate.

If it has been assigned, they are not permitted to renege on a previous agreement.. the link below makes interesting reading :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?840-Stop-your-bank-or-lender-breaching-their-instalment-agreement

HTH

BCOBS

Many thanks CB.

Looking through my paperwork I never did receive an E-mail or letter in reply to my second E-mail complaint to the CEO!! UPDATE! just found the letter stuck to the back of another letter!

I will now work on a BIG LETTER of COMPLAINT to the CEO........... letter number 3!

I agree that the BCOBS article makes very interesting reading. I will get crafting! It may take a while! I have to get this letter right.

Edited by Night Owl
Lost E-mail just found!

Got Debt problems?

Are you sure this account has been assigned to MHA collections ? The first time we heard from MHA was their hobnailed boots LBA!

Send the letter below in order to obtain confirmation. You will need to fill in the blanks.

[ATTACH]32668[/ATTACH] Thanks for this, will send it.

It will also be another bit of evidence showing that whilst there was an agreed repayment plan in place, LTSB have a) Sold the account on without a full history or b) they still retain the account yet have employed a 3rd party to intimidate. Lloyds are great in intimidation!

If it has been assigned, they are not permitted to renege on a previous agreement.. the link below makes interesting reading :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?840-Stop-your-bank-or-lender-breaching-their-instalment-agreement Yep I have read that too, very interesting.

I

HTH

My 'puter s playing up now!! Trouble typing "i" !!

PS. Decided to take the lot to the FOS to sort out.

Edited by Night Owl
Added the PS

Got Debt problems?

Look forward to the updates :)

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just started my own thread regards lloyds and starting to unfreeze overdraft fees on a dmp ...could you take a look please ! cheers and good luck as we are just starting out on this one :x

hope you don`t mind me asking :)

Hi spots1.

Lloyds are tough nuts to crack!

I will pop over to your thread and offer any help that I can spots.

Just a bt of advice.

Never talk to Lloyds on the phone, always write and send recorded post, or E-mail so that you can keep a proof of a trail of communcation.

Always remain polite in your letters and keep to the point.

Always make letters of complaint clearly marked Letter of Complaint.

Never pay for a DMP. Payplan or CCCS are free and offer very good advce. Or you can set up alone if you're prepared. There are lots of threads n the Debt Forums that you can read and get advice from.

Good Luck x

Got Debt problems?

Hi Night Owl,

I have been reading around the forum and your threads regarding Lloyds. Its a pleasure to read that there are people sticking to their guns and fighting their corners over these numpties.

I have just dropped in to see how things are at the moment as I am currently working on a few claims for a close friend of mine who has several accounts with them and they have been giving us the run around.

I am not wishing to hijack your thread just to say stay strong. I will be keeping any eye on your thread with interest.

Take care

Shelley

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

Thanks for the kind words Shelley.

Seat belt on......... it's going to be a bit bumpy!!

Got Debt problems?

Well the reply came from CEO office over the weekend must say happy with the stage it is atm..

REFUNDS GIVEN ON

interest on overdraft £123.74

account fee £ 12.40

returned d/d fee £ 20.00

these are all backedated to when the DMP started IN 2010 and were sent to the account on the 27th as we asked for so the debt on overdraft now reduced by the above :-)

Pending interest due to be taken today of £27.73 waived.. have checked the account and they have done as said on letter :-)

Credit card refund given of £332.41 & late payment fee £12 ....should have happened but awaiting an updated statement .

All interest on both accounts is now freezed :-)

Although these refunds go back to when the DMP beganIN 2010 it`s a very good start so means that the DMP plan is back to where it should be :-)

As far as the reclaiming back from pre 2010 we will do that once we have the final paperwork and statements from Lloyds .

The mail I sent to the CEO made no room as to what I wanted by using no.points and using terms like..... 1. I want Lloyds ......2. I will not .....

I also quoted what I would do if I had no satisfactory reply quoting OFT / FOS / BCOBS I also told them that I would not charge for this first letter but said that any further letter tennis with them would result in me charging the going rate at the time as far as letters went and further advise !!! think it worked :-D