Dave v Alliance & Leicester

techskool
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

This is my first post, but in the spirit of things I thought i'd add where im up to with my bank.

BTW, the letter templates on this site are excellent :p

I sent my "Data Protection Act 1998 Subject Access Request" to A&L for on "1ST July 2006". They came through a couple of weeks later, and after much trawling through the huge wad of paper they sent me...

I sent my "Request for repayment of charges" and included my "schedule of charges" asking for the money back on the 1st September. - to this i recived a generic reply stating that their charges were fair, and the OFT had only ruled on credit card changes being unfair.

I am sending my "LETTER BEFORE ACTION" this monday - 25th September 2006, and another copy of my "schedule of charges", just in case they have filed my last one under "bin".

I will keep this post updated when they reply to this latest letter, and im sending all letters recorded delivery so theres no excuses they havent had the letters.

Am I right in thinking that no-one has actually had to turn up in court, (I appreciate this is something you have to be prepared for) has it happened before?

Thanks

Dave ;)

A&L stated some time back that they will pay all claims for anyone taking them to court. If you've read around you will know the format:- claimant starts court proceedings; A&L say they will defend the claim; A&L then settle.

However, there is always the small chance when you initiate legal proceedings that you may have to go to court, after all, you are suing them - though obviously the way things appear to be going this is unlikely.

The main reason is that the banks don't want to have to appear before a court and explain in full the way they make up their charges.

As long as you are aware that you are taking a serious legal undertaking, and not entering into this lightly, then you will be O.K.

Like they say in the scouts, 'Be prepared', even if it is only mentally. :cool:

I sent my "Data Protection Act 1998 Subject Access Request" to A&L for on "1ST July 2006". They came through a couple of weeks later, and after much trawling through the huge wad of paper they sent me...

Hi there

Since they seem to send a wad of paper, would you trust the A and L to say " you were charged this on this date" as appose to sending 6 years worth of statements? I just think it would be easier than trawling through them all. What do you think?