Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Especially if they posted it in the morning. Remember, these guys are LUP people (Large User Postcode) and therefore have their mail collected and taken directly to a main sorting office. They don't have to wait for small vans doing the rounds around town, or even slightly larger vans servicing post offices. Depending on volume they can pre-sort their post and can really speed things up.

I just don't like this rubber stamping / pre-printed signature stuff. It rings hollow and we've got to be able to combat it somehow.

Hi

I sent aletter to Dominc Smales regarding my disgust about the comments made by Ms Baird. I got this response.

Mr Bardsley

If this is going to be the tone of future e-mails on this subject then I would be grateful if you could remove me from your copy list please.

Sorry wrong thread

Dominic Smales

Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Bill Manager

Department for Constitutional Affairs

4 Abbey Orchard Street

London SW1P 2BS

Time the gloves came off I think

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi all, I have read this entire thread and I know that somewhere in it someone (Pam I think) posted a simple bullet point list of the prescribed terms that must be in a credit agreement and also the prescribed statements.

For the life of me I can't find it now. Can someone point me to it or post them again please.

Thanks.

Hi all, I have read this entire thread and I know that somewhere in it someone (Pam I think) posted a simple bullet point list of the prescribed terms that must be in a credit agreement and also the prescribed statements.

For the life of me I can't find it now. Can someone point me to it or post them again please.

Thanks.

Prescribed terms:

8.3 What are the prescribed terms?

The prescribed terms specified in Sch 6 are as follows:

• amount of credit – see Q8.4

• credit limit – see Q8.5

• rate of interest – see Q8.6

• repayments – see Q8.9.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

I am not getting email notifications - is it just me, or is anyone else having the same problem?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Thanks, so if I'm getting this right, the lack of any of those presribed terms means an agreement is completely unenforceable, even in a court.

The lack of one or more of the prescribed statements would mean it was only enforceable in court.

I think this is right, yes?

By the way, is there a list of which statements should be there?

Really appreciate your help!

Thanks, so if I'm getting this right, the lack of any of those presribed terms means an agreement is completely unenforceable, even in a court.

The lack of one or more of the prescribed statements would mean it was only enforceable in court.

It has to contain all prescribed terms as far as i am aware, so even if it hs one then it cannot be enforced.....

I don't understand what you mean by list of statements which should be there....

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Right, there's prescribed terms eg what you listed above. If any or all are missing it's completely unenforceable.

Then there are statements that should be on there eg my right to cancel etc. Without these it's unenforceable but can be enforced by a judge. I was just wondering which exact statements need to be on there.

I think that's what i have gathered from reading this huuuuugggee thread :)

ye same here not had 1 email today

Cool, so it's not just me then?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Right, there's prescribed terms eg what you listed above. If any or all are missing it's completely unenforceable.

Then there are statements that should be on there eg my right to cancel etc. Without these it's unenforceable but can be enforced by a judge. I was just wondering which exact statements need to be on there.

It needs to have all of the prescribed terms, plus "regulated by the consumer credit act 1974" plus a box with ur sig and date, a box with their sig and date and a cancellation statement.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

If it has ur sig and not theirs it can only be enforced by a judge

if it doesn't have ur sig, it cant be enforced at all

if it doesnt have all of the prescribed terms then it cant be enforced at all, even by a judge

My charges claims:

Default removals:

can u scan and post a copy of it for comments?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

OFT document on this

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft018.pdf

Sorry, no scanner :sad:

It's two Egg 'agreements' I am looking at.

The first, for an Egg Card, has all the prescribed terms (on two pages) but no cancellation statement. In fact, it's identical to the one Zubo posted a little earlier.

The second, for an Egg Money card, is an application form. It does not state interest rate or credit limit, no mention of them at all, not even a 'to be set periodically' statement. It's also not signed by them. I'm pretty sure this one is so completely unenforceable it's untrue. It's more the implication of the Egg card one not having a cancellation statement that has me puzzled. As I say, you can see exactly what this looks like by looking at the scan Zubo posted.

Thanks again.

The first one sounds like it is probably enforcable only by a judge, however i may be wrong- im not an expert, this is all just my understanding,

The second is definitely unenforcable....

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Pam

I know that we have discussed this previously and we both agreed that in your case the judge was wrong. How can you interpret voluntary a demand from the creditor to setup a DD and pay without fail on a certain date each month? The creditor received the payments because he demanded the payments as part of his unlawful execution of the unexecuted agreement.

Where is the debtor's consent in all this? There is none - what the debtor is doing is responding to a perceived obligation under threat of penalties, defaults and court litigation - how can that be perceived as freely given consent?

I would argue this all the way to HL.....

Z

Hi

I think you are misinterpreting the status of an improperly executed agreement.

The only time an agreement would be 'unexecuted' as you have called it, would be if one or both parties had never signed the document. Any agreement that is properly signed is 'executed' no matter what form/content there is. If it does not contain the prescribed terms (or other required information) it is then 'improperly executed'.

An improperly executed agreement may be totally unenforceable or enforceable only on an order of the court, depending on what the error/omission is.

BUT - an unenforceable agreement is still valid and lawful. The court's position was that any payments I had previously made had been under a valid agreement and the creditor was therefore entitled to receive them. Once the agreement had been declared unenforceable by the court, the creditor lost the right to enforce the (valid) agreement, i.e. sue on it, so if I refused to pay any longer (which I did) he could do nothing about it.

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

sorry about this guys but can I ask un1boy to clarify something please

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmaf01 viewpost.gif

Help needed!

The Student Loan Company received a CCA request from me by recorded delivery at their main office (Bothwell Street, Glasgow) on the 5/03/07.

Yesterday, I found out they have only actioned the SAR also included, banking the £10 but crediting the £1 CCA request money to my account.

The 12 working days were up on the 21/03/07, so I said they are in default.

They now say that

1) the CCA gives no time limit for them to produce the agreements

2) the countdown is wrong as the specific office which deals with the SAR and CCA requests did not receive the letters until the 15/03/07.

So, is the 12 days inenforcible? Does my recorded delivery count for nothing?

I would be grateful for advice.

Ps they are now running around trying to get me the agreements like certain rear ended flies.

the 40 days starts from the date they received ypur requst and payment so ignore what they say

they aren't covered by the cca so don't have to send you anything re your cca request.

what do you mean they aren't?:o surely student loans pre 1998 are indeed covered by the CCA?

Can you please respond as soon as possible wiyh your reasoning on this as there are a few people counting on it Emma and myself as 2!!!

If I have helped tip my scales:)

I am not a legal eagle, professional accountant, [problem] artist or axe murder so please bear in mind that my advice is just that advice from someone in the same boat as you.......

Claims:

Lloyds TSB Acct 1 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'d/Statements received/£2500ish to be claimed + contractual interest

Lloyds TSB Acct 2 - *WON* over £5K won with compond CI at 28.9%

Lloyds TSB PPI *WON* - CCA'd/They cant find agreement/£2650 awarded

Halifax TSB Closed account issues*WON* - £610 in compensation for an account closed with £10 in it!

Student Loans - 20 Feb 07 CCA'd/on back burner for now

Hmmm seems Im on the right end of winning, God that feels GOOD!

I am not getting email notifications - is it just me, or is anyone else having the same problem?

Hi

No, I haven't had any from CAG since Weds!!

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

If you read the first paragraph of the briefing note found on the link below, a firm of solicitors expresses the view that an unenforceable agreement means the lender is 'compelled' to refund all monies to the customer...

http://www.wragge.com/files/HowMuchCredit_Mar2003.pdf

Regards

Lantana

• Haha 1

Hi

Go back to Page 134 of this thread where Post 2661 contains a link to an OFT doc. that reveals all!

Oh, just noticed pford has posted the link so no need to trawl the thread.:)

Regards, Pam

If you read the first paragraph of the briefing note found on the link below, a firm of solicitors expresses the view that an unenforceable agreement means the lender is 'compelled' to refund all monies to the customer...

http://www.wragge.com/files/HowMuchCredit_Mar2003.pdf

Regards

Lantana

Hi

I found this article when I was doing my last CCA claim and emailed Wragge & Co about it but no-one would respond to me! :sad:

I would have liked to know how they reached this conclusion.

Regards, Pam

sorry about this guys but can I ask un1boy to clarify something please

what do you mean they aren't?:o surely student loans pre 1998 are indeed covered by the CCA?

Can you please respond as soon as possible wiyh your reasoning on this as there are a few people counting on it Emma and myself as 2!!!

Loans that are close to base rate are not covered by the CCA. It is posted somewhere on this thread, somewhere, but I couldn't tell you where.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks