• Tweets

• OK, thanks, I won't wait for them. On a side note, some of the posts on here are a bit frustrating, I read through five pages or so of someone going through the court process rooting for them as I'm reading, then nothing, not heard of again. Left here wondering what the outcome was, lol!
    • Hello Caggers,   I've been trying for years to get an old EE account wiped off my credit file. It was opened in 2013 and almost immediately defaulted but was shown as "Payment Arrangement" ever since. I contacted EE by telephone in 2022 and was advised it had not been wiped because there was still £69 owing, I paid it and thought it would correct once the CRA's updated their reporting cycle. However, it has still not been removed. I made a formal complaint on 27/03/2024 and have had contact with the executive team who advised that  "EE account ......... has now been deleted from the Credit File as it failed to close as it was reporting the payment arrangement set up despite, as advised this failing which should have resulted in a further default showing.  Please be advised the deletions we have completed take 24 hours to update if a paid service is used to view the Credit File. If the customer uses one of the free services to view the Credit File, the recordings update in 24 hours but the changes can take up to 30 days to be visible on a new copy of the Credit File. I have requested compensation and been advised by EE that another team are looking into this. That was almost 2 weeks ago and there has been no contact since, despite me chasing it. I do not want to go to court and would rather settle this amicably. However,I have been advised that I might have a claim for aggravated damages due to the length of time the incorrect reporting has been on my file and the fact that I told EE about this issue and paid the demanded outstanding amount of £69 almost 18 months ago. Should I just wait for EE to reply or should I start building my case against them? Is their statement admissible as evidence of their blame or do I need to dig a bit more? I made a DSAR which was initially rejected as having no data found yet. I trawled my e-mails from 2013 and found the account number and mobile number, I'm now awaiting the result of my 2nd attempt at DSAR. I have very little in the way of proof of actual loss except a mortgage refusal e-mail from HBOS in 2015. I have also had high interest loans and credit over the last 10 years but again cannot directly attribute this to this one specific error. There were other items on my credit file that could also have contributed to a low credit score too and I'm not out to cash in on anything. I want to make sure I don't end up shooting myself in the foot for any obvious reason and would appreciate any help from anyone who has had similar experience with breaches of DPA.
    • Noted. Keep an eye on the other threads here including the update a few hours back by Rob Carr.
    • dont need statements. nor std info sheets. EVERTHING else  dx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for that Car and jeff and anyone else who told me there outcome. well im going to send Barclaycard a CCA letter today, iv heard a few people have managed to get them to just drop the debt quite quickly purly through letters but im sure this is very rare! :-| i have my first letter to send and i ahve the second one for when they dont reply in time as im sure they wont lol!

i have read a few barclaycard threads but if anyone has delt with them in hear and has any helpful points please let me know guys and girls!

:D

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for that Car and jeff and anyone else who told me there outcome. well im going to send Barclaycard a CCA letter today, iv heard a few people have managed to get them to just drop the debt quite quickly purly through letters but im sure this is very rare! :-| i have my first letter to send and i ahve the second one for when they dont reply in time as im sure they wont lol!

i have read a few barclaycard threads but if anyone has delt with them in hear and has any helpful points please let me know guys and girls!

:D

Have you tried the Barclaycard success forums? ;)

I think so iv read a few car so iv looked at the templates they used and tried to see if that will help so fingers crossed! i guess we will find out when they send me something back, if they do of course!

id be happy with a deal out of court but just have to see what they come up with im sure ill have something to scan in and hopefully someone can take a look and see and give me some advice:confused:

Have you tried the Barclaycard success forums? ;)

I got Barclays to write off two cards if that counts as a success, both for about £4k .......

but I still have fish to fry with them so it isn't settled yet....:)

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Hi dave good to hear that! when did you take your agreements with barclaycard out? also how long did it take you with them and did you have to go all the way to court to get them declared unenforceable or did they give up before hand ? did you follow whet everyone has done here i.e requesting CCA then a follow up then stopping payment and being chased by a DCA etc any advice or things you did you would advise me to do? or things you did you would do different if you had to do it again?

Thanks dave

Hi Matheram and Dave.

I am glad that you have aksed this follow up question because there are various viewpoints on the various threads about paying or not paying when a CCA is unenforcebale. Some,s ay that you should stop payments. Others say that you should keep paying, so that if the case does go to court, you will appear morally superior. My own personal suspicion, however, is that most cases don't even get as far as court.

Yeah it seems a funny point really because i understand you may need to stop paying to put the pressure on them, after alll if they ignore your requests and you keep paying i dont guess it will go much further! i was wondering though if maybe you could keep a record of the letters sent and the details of dates etc and any correspondence and after you have given them may be 2 months so 2 more payments you could go to the ombudsmen and pursue it that way and avoid all the chasing etc and maybe then once it was in there hand you would be in a better possition to stop paying once you receive word they are looking into it this may encourage them maybe not to pas it to a DCA and deal with it as they should ???????????

i dont know just an idea any thoughts????

Guys, you really need to decide how far you are willing to take this before you take any action.

Reason being that if you are not prepared to take them to Court, or you are not prepared to stop payments so they take you to Court, this will simply backfire on you.

If you take them to Court, you need to know everything about your individual claim so that you can be sure that you know you will win and are prepared for dealing with numpty judges that get the law wrong - this is why you need to read as many escapades on here before going along that path. There isn't much we haven't already seen on this forum.

If you want to stop making payments, be prepared to have your account Defaulted/Terminated (hopefully unlawfully ;)) and for that to be recorded on your Credit Reference file. At this point, you'll get threats of Court, probably from DCA's rather than the Creditor, but it might not actually make it to Court. In which case you'll end up with a debt being chased and a Default on your CRA file.

For me, start with your target goal then work back from there... ;)

Hi Chris

All four of mine defualted back in 2005 and I only made token payments from abroad since then, which i stopped recently once i realised that there was a CCA issue. I didn't know about CCAs before that.

My target goal now that they have all had unenforecable CCS latters from me is to stop any further contact with them, since I live and work abroad. After 6 years the will all be statute barred anyway, I assume.

So from your post car are you implying that stoping payments is just another neccisary step as this forces them to make more mistakes? i dont really mind going to court but like you say for me i have to be 100% sure i have a cast iron case !

I don't advocate stopping payments, but I have done this in my claims previously as I felt I had no choice. I made sure the Judge knew that when they did get to Court, though.

Stopping payments is the only way to get them to consider taking Court action against you - but it's no guarantee. :mad:

This is all a moot point, as you won't know if you have a case or not before requesting documents and receiving a reply ;)

What I mean is that i tried everything with them before, settlement offers, lower payments and they still continued to send CCJ threat letters even when I am abroad, so to be honest, i have pretty well given up n them. They all 4 have unenforecable CCA of which i have no intention of paying. they can't take me to court as I am abroad. So it will just sit there.

Hi all

If you take them to Court, you need to know everything about your individual claim so that you can be sure that you know you will win and are prepared for dealing with numpty judges that get the law wrong

When you stop paying (for whatever reason) you are in a less strong position than you would be if you carried on paying sums that you are not contractually obliged to pay.

Although morality should not be confused with the law, the conduct of the parties is a relevant factor in proceedings. In spite of all the dubious and unlawful conduct they mete out to us there's something peculiar in the mind set of Judges that tends to favour those who have behaved reasonably against those that have conducted themselves unreasonably. What then tends to happen is the pick and mix approach to decision making. A party with the law on its side who behaves unreasonably reduces their chances of success. I've cracked a few nuts open by letting them get on with their tactics. When you get a numpty this doesn't matter much but when you get a good DJ it matters a hell of a lot.

It could be argued that they breach the contract the minute they apply any charge that is unlawful. No unlawful term (contractual or otherwise) is enforceable and the interest is then also subsequently unlawfully constituted.

The relevant question is whether the remainder of the contract is capable of being performed by both parties without the presence of the unfair term. If it is all well and good. A fair price for a legitimate service. If not (i.e. they could'nt continue to offer the service without the term this effectively means...(if I'm right)...that all contracts are unenforceable in the presence of any unfair term.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Hi all

When you stop paying (for whatever reason) you are in a less strong position than you would be if you carried on paying sums that you are not contractually obliged to pay.

Although morality should not be confused with the law, the conduct of the parties is a relevant factor in proceedings. In spite of all the dubious and unlawful conduct they mete out to us there's something peculiar in the mind set of Judges that tends to favour those who have behaved reasonably against those that have conducted themselves unreasonably. What then tends to happen is the pick and mix approach to decision making. A party with the law on its side who behaves unreasonably reduces their chances of success. I've cracked a few nuts open by letting them get on with their tactics. When you get a numpty this doesn't matter much but when you get a good DJ it matters a hell of a lot.

It could be argued that they breach the contract the minute they apply any charge that is unlawful. No unlawful term (contractual or otherwise) is enforceable and the interest is then also subsequently unlawfully constituted.

The relevant question is whether the remainder of the contract is capable of being performed by both parties without the presence of the unfair term. If it is all well and good. A fair price for a legitimate service. If not (i.e. they could'nt continue to offer the service without the term this effectively means...(if I'm right)...that all contracts are unenforceable in the presence of any unfair term.

Unfairness has nothing to do with unenforceability?:???:

If the contract is unenforceable, whether it is fair or not is irrelevant - the contract never "existed" back to the day it was incepted. Arguing unfairness of charges on an unenforceable debt will get you in to trouble later, as you're technically acknowledging the enforceability by arguing the charges are unfair. Far better to argue unenforceability first, using unfairness as a backstop (even if just to convince a Judge it's all wrong) if that should start to look dodgy. I just love "in the alternative" arguments... :roll:

Thats what i mean Car so are you saying the only way to get this all resolved is to force them to take you to court? because how or why would they do that unless you stopped payments? which brings me back to continuing payments but when they fail to provide what they have to then taking this up with the FSA OR (AND) OMBUDSMEN so that there is more pressure on them then maybe stop paying if the ombudsmen say they have a case against them this i think would also make it less likely to go to court if i have further evidence from another authority body which may just make them give up at that point if i write a letter and say i will be making no further payments :confused:

The FSA won't touch this.

The FOS won't rule on enforceability issues - they claim that only a Court can do that, referring to s.142 CCA 1974, so will find any complaint about unenforceable agreements in the favour of the creditor as a result.

For me, the only option is Court.

No im not talking about asking them to make a ruling on enforceability but they can certainly demand that barclays fulfill there legan obligation to provide me a copy of my CCA and if they dont i can complain to them they are in breach of this and ask them to pursue it and then stop payment this would also show very completly that the account was in dispute so if they still passed it to a DCA this is a further breach is it not?

Unfairness has nothing to do with unenforceability?

If the contract is unenforceable, whether it is fair or not is irrelevant - the contract never "existed" back to the day it was incepted. Arguing unfairness of charges on an unenforceable debt will get you in to trouble later, as you're technically acknowledging the enforceability by arguing the charges are unfair. Far better to argue unenforceability first, using unfairness as a backstop (even if just to convince a Judge it's all wrong) if that should start to look dodgy. I just love "in the alternative" arguments...

Hi Chris

I agree that the first line is to discover whether there is a valid CCA. Where there isn't it then becomes a case of cat and mouse. They won't go to court in these circumstances but might keep coming after you via DCAs. It then becomes a question of what you want. You can take them to court and in most foreseeable circumstances win. You should then get some restitution because all the obligations you were held to are also unenforceable.

The only dodgy circumstance I can think of is that the DJ starts to argue 'well you were happy to use the credit and pay sums due..." but in all likelihood they don't want it in court anyway.

Agreed the unfairness issue comes in as a reserve argument: This is what I was referring to but I'll stop now as it is a diversion:

Whereas Member States should ensure that unfair terms are not used in contracts concluded with consumers by a seller or supplier and that if, nevertheless, such terms are so used, they will not bind the consumer, and the contract will continue to bind the parties upon those terms if it is capable of continuing in existence without the unfair provisions;

EUR-Lex - 31993L0013 - EN

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

No im not talking about asking them to make a ruling on enforceability but they can certainly demand that barclays fulfill there legan obligation to provide me a copy of my CCA and if they dont i can complain to them they are in breach of this and ask them to pursue it and then stop payment this would also show very completly that the account was in dispute so if they still passed it to a DCA this is a further breach is it not?

I think you've misunderstood. They won't get involved in discussions on CCA's at all - they state that they regulations are complied with by sending you a copy of your original agreement (i.e, a photocopy, regardless of signatures) plus the current T&C's. If you don't believe me, look at the threads where people have gone to the FOS, waited a year, then had to take Court action. You're wasting your time, but it's up to you if you want to do that. ;)

I agree that the first line is to discover whether there is a valid CCA. Where there isn't it then becomes a case of cat and mouse. They won't go to court in these circumstances but might keep coming after you via DCAs. It then becomes a question of what you want. You can take them to court and in most foreseeable circumstances win. You should then get some restitution because all the obligations you were held to are also unenforceable.

Agree with that, but not the bit in bold. Go back a few pages and re-read what I've said about restitution. I won't repeat here, as this thread is already too long. :eek:

The only dodgy circumstance I can think of is that the DJ starts to argue 'well you were happy to use the credit and pay sums due..." but in all likelihood they don't want it in court anyway.

Agreed and I've covered that in this thread, (again, back a few pages) before also.

Agreed the unfairness issue comes in as a reserve argument: This is what I was referring to but I'll stop now as it is a diversion:

Fair enough, but what you've quoted is from the European Directive. European law requires Member states to comply with the Directive, and, we, the UK, do that under an Act of Parliament - in fact, the CCA goes further than the Directive requires, by making unenforceable agreements totally unenforceable against the debtor, even if the unfair terms are removed and the contract can endure without them. (Worth noting that the prescribed terms are deemed unfair, so the debt is unenforceable, which fits in with that statement - it's just that Parliament (or, more accurately, the drafter of the CCA, as Parliament didn't discuss it, it just enacted what was put before it) decided that the whole agreement should fail, rather than simply removing the unfair terms and letting the rest reside.

Now, there's a tedious link between the CCA and that Directive, but I'm now well off topic, and I don't want to confuse further, but, yes, I can see where you're coming from EIE.

What is clear, though, is that there's plenty of reading to be done before you even consider taking this on. :eek: (Or looking to find a CMC to do it for you - double :eek::eek:)

Thats what i mean Car so are you saying the only way to get this all resolved is to force them to take you to court? because how or why would they do that unless you stopped payments? which brings me back to continuing payments but when they fail to provide what they have to then taking this up with the FSA OR (AND) OMBUDSMEN so that there is more pressure on them then maybe stop paying if the ombudsmen say they have a case against them this i think would also make it less likely to go to court if i have further evidence from another authority body which may just make them give up at that point if i write a letter and say i will be making no further payments :confused:

Car is spot on.

FSO cannot rule on enforcability.

If they do not have a signed CCA, then they have nothing to rely on in court, so probably won't bother.

If they have an unenforcable signed agreement, then this can only be decided in court.

Most CCC's ignore the regulatory bodies anyway, they just persue their own agenda.

Regarding payments, that must be down to you to decide. If you are unable to pay like most of us, then it is fairly easy to make the decision. If you stop, then you can expect:

Threatening calls and letters.

DCA becoming involved.

Marker on your CRF.

Eventual court action, if they come up with a signed agreement.

I see from your thread, that you have only just sent out the CCA request. It is best to wait for their response, or until 12 + 2 working days have passed, then put the account in dispute. It is not until the account is in dispute, that you can concider witholding any payments.

There is no short cut formula to a resolution, unfortunately. If you follow the advice from Car and have a read through the other threads on your CCC, you will get a good understanding of what top expect and how to proceed.

You can complain to the information commissioners if they do not supply your CCA, or the OFT if the misbehave during any dispute.

• Haha 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks