• Tweets

• I hope Lord Frost is OK. Islamists and the woke Left are uniting to topple the West ARCHIVE.PH archived 18 Apr 2024 19:12:37 UTC  
    • Ok you are in the clear. The PCN does not comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 for two reasons. The first is that in Section 9 [2][e]  says the PCN must "state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper— (i)to pay the unpaid parking charges ". It does not say that even though it continues correctly with blurb about the driver. The other fault is that there is no parking period mentioned. Their ANPR cameras do show your arrival and departure times but as that at the very least includes driving from the entrance to the parking space then later leaving the parking space and driving to the exit. It also doesn't allow for finding a parking spot: manoeuvering into it avoiding parking on the lines: possibly having to stop to allow pedestrians/other cars to pass in front of you; returning the trolley after finishing shopping; loading children disabled people in and out of the car, etc etc.  All of that could easily add five, ten or even 15 minutes to your time which the ANPR cameras cannot take into account. So even if it was only two hours free time you could  still have been within the  time since there is a MINIMUM of 15 minutes Grace period when you leave the car park. However as they cannot even manage to get their PCN to comply with the Act you as keeper cannot be pursued. Only the driver is now liable and they do not know who was driving as you have not appealed and perhaps unwittingly given away who was driving. So you do not owe them a penny. No need to appeal. Let them waste their money pursuing you . 
    • If Labour are elected I hope they go after everyone who made huge amounts of money out of this, by loading the company with debt. The sad thing is that some pension schemes, including the universities one, USS, will lose money along with customers.
    • What's the reason for not wanting a smart meter? Personally I'm saving a pile on a tariff only available with one. Today electricity is 17.17p/kWh. If the meter is truly past its certification date the supplier is obliged to replace it. If you refuse to allow this then eventually they'll get warrant and do so by force. Certified life varies between models and generations, some only 10 or 15 years, some older types as long as 40 years or maybe even more. Your meter should have its certified start date marked somewhere so if you doubt the supplier you can look up the certified life and cross check.
    • No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

over three years ago i think

In that case, the answer to your question is - yes...

If the agreement isn't signed, there is no legal way they can force you to pay but that doesn't mean you don't still owe the money.

Now, whether you will or won't pay is a question only you can answer. I know CAG won't condone non-payment of an unenforceable debt, neither will I advise it shouldn't be paid. That's up to your conscience.

If the agreement was covered by the Consumer Credit Act 2006, the debt would be enforceable even without a signature. Hence my question about when it was signed, as that's very relevant for this reason.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Post here re: a change to the law in charging orders, anyone else aware of this?

because I sure as heck wasnt!

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Hi guys, ages since I posted on this thread.

Could anyone point me to the section of the CCA74 where its says that a borrower my claim for unlawful charges etc, even if the agreement is unenforceable by virtue of s.127(3)?

(Bcard have failed to respond to my CCA s.78 request and I want to go for my charges and PPI premiums) :-)

Hi Guys,

I have been thinking a lot about the subject of Assignments.

I note that, the majority of DCA's who claim to have been sold, or purchased debts under section 136 of the Law of Property Act 1925, state that they hold the Benefits but not the Duties.

This had led me to the following thought that;

Distressed Debts, or Losses, are sold via securitisation, in job lots;

NOVATION OF DEBT;

Novation does not involve the assignment or rights (Duties) under the original loan.

Novation Agreements?

A new loan is created in identical terms to the original loan in so far as the identity of the lender is concered. This is particularly likely in a group context.

AC

Hi Guys,

I have been thinking a lot about the subject of Assignments.

I note that, the majority of DCA's who claim to have been sold, or purchased debts under section 136 of the Law of Property Act 1925, state that they hold the Benefits but not the Duties.

This had led me to the following thought that;

Distressed Debts, or Losses, are sold via securitisation, in job lots;

NOVATION OF DEBT;

Novation does not involve the assignment or rights (Duties) under the original loan.

Novation Agreements?

A new loan is created in identical terms to the original loan in so far as the identity of the lender is concered. This is particularly likely in a group context.

AC

Novation

The transfer of rights and obligations from one contracting party (which is released of those obligations) to a third party with the agreement of all the contracting parties. See asset sale.

AC

Novation

The transfer of rights and obligations from one contracting party (which is released of those obligations) to a third party with the agreement of all the contracting parties. See asset sale.

AC

Hello Ac

How are you, well I hope.

I am also interested in these assignments in regards to the assignment of alleged debts:grin: under the law of property act 1925, especially when the original creditor is in serious breach of a ca request as is the DCA.

Can you explain a bit more about the Novation please

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

People who jump in and ask questions which have already be covered by previous posts are like people who push in to your lane when the traffic reduces to one lane . (lazy quick fix)

Read before you ask.

Many of us have spent hours researching the information which has been provided and also providing information for others.

READ BEFORE YOU ASK

People who jump in and ask questions which have already be covered by previous posts are like people who push in to your lane when the traffic reduces to one lane . (lazy quick fix)

Read before you ask.

Many of us have spent hours researching the information which has been provided and also providing information for others.

READ BEFORE YOU ASK

Wow. was there really any need for that rude comment:eek: I presumme it was directed at me:roll:

So what are you implying that one cannot ask a question :rolleyes:

I asked a question of a longstanding fellow cagger AC and a longstanding fellow cagger Car came to my assistance. This information I required to help another, not myself. This is the spirit of this site, we all help each other:-D Your comments are unnecessary and not really helpful to say the least

I am sure you are aware that others members that you help and support give you rep, you have to earn it.

May I suggest that we now return to doing what we do best, helping others and stop unnecessary rude retorts to others

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Yes, it can.

You and I are what the law calls natural persons but a limited company is what the law calls a legal person.

Thanks VS

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Right, heres another one (have looked, but I'm sure illumnati will put me right if it is already on here :D

When it comes to the CPR's and PD's that state they have to prduce an original agreement in court, is there anywhere that clearly defines this is the same where a creditor counterclaims against you?

I have recently had a DJ bring up that it only applies to "claims" whereas I wouldve thought the "statement of case" would apply as much to a counterclaim as a claim

So, if there saying "no, we dont owe joe bloggs £XXX, but we would like agreement Y enforced and for him to pay us £XXX" - then surely via that statement for their counterclaim, they too would be required to produce the original of any document they refer to?

Like I said, iddeally looking for case law or similar that I can reference?

Wow. was there really any need for that rude comment:eek: I presumme it was directed at me:roll:

So what are you implying that one cannot ask a question :rolleyes:

I asked a question of a longstanding fellow cagger AC and a longstanding fellow cagger Car came to my assistance. This information I required to help another, not myself. This is the spirit of this site, we all help each other:-D Your comments are unnecessary and not really helpful to say the least

I am sure you are aware that others members that you help and support give you rep, you have to earn it.

May I suggest that we now return to doing what we do best, helping others and stop unnecessary rude retorts to others

:eek:+1

Having read this through properly, I'm shocked

If indeed this was directed at HAK, how dare you Illumanati!

You will note he is "Platinum" and has therefore posted many more time and assisted many more members than yourself, so please show him due respect for this!

(As this hasnt been cleared up at the time of my posting, if it turns out you aimed the comment elsewhere I offer you my sincere apologies)

Hi Illumin,

that being the case (and as stated in my post at the end) I offer you my apologies

:)

My posting was not directed at any individual

WELL, WHY MAKE THE COMMENT THEN?

If your comment was made about my post regarding; Novation of Debt. I apologise if the subject has already been covered elsewhere on the site.

However, I believe that many members are totally unaware of this subject topic!

Many members including myself find Assignment of Asset Debts somewhat of a grey area and of course, the DCA's/Assignee's love to confuse...

I will post up a link that might assist.

www.iclg.co.uk - Securitisation

You can click on any of the subjects, but take a look at No. 3: Asset Sales

AC

Edited by angry cat

WELL, WHY MAKE THE COMMENT THEN?

If your comment was made about my post regarding; Novation of Debt. I apologise if the subject has already been covered elsewhere on the site.

However, I believe that many members are totally unaware of this subject topic!

Many members including myself find Assignment of Asset Debts somewhat of a grey area and of course, the DCA's/Assignee's love to confuse...

I will post up a linkg that might assist.

AC

I would also add that obtaining copies of the assignment documents between the Original Creditor and the DCA one worthy of inspection. the Cabot Fan Club found Deeds of Assignment between MBNA and Cabot actually regulated by Irish law not the UK and therefore not worth the paper they were written on in an UK courtroom which their learned solicitors tried to hoist upon an unsuspecting Judge - Just another little gem in the Cabot Fan Club box of tricks which cost Cabot dearly :D

Sarah

I would also add that obtaining copies of the assignment documents between the Original Creditor and the DCA one worthy of inspection. the Cabot Fan Club found Deeds of Assignment between MBNA and Cabot actually regulated by Irish law not the UK and therefore not worth the paper they were written on in an UK courtroom which their learned solicitors tried to hoist upon an unsuspecting Judge - Just another little gem in the Cabot Fan Club box of tricks which cost Cabot dearly :D

Sarah

I have been led to be believe on occasion that the deed of assignment cannot be provided, as it contains confidential information. However, I do know of someone who sent a SAR's to one of her creditors and they sent, in response to this, a copy of the actual deed, which contained the signatures of the assignor and the assignee. So, it is possible to view them, I think it's just a case that the creditor, most of the time, doesn't wish to provide them, maybe because they have something to hide. Magda

I have been led to be believe on occasion that the deed of assignment cannot be provided, as it contains confidential information. However, I do know of someone who sent a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s to one of her creditors and they sent, in response to this, a copy of the actual deed, which contained the signatures of the assignor and the assignee. So, it is possible to view them, I think it's just a case that the creditor, most of the time, doesn't wish to provide them, maybe because they have something to hide. Magda

Usually it contains details of the sale itself so there would be commercially sensitive information in there like the price they paid for the debt :p but also in the ones we obtained they had the number of accounts which had been bought en bloc, the amount of 'free' information which came on 2 discs with the sale, and the amount the DCA (Cabot) had to pay for additional information. What I mean by that is that only 10% of all the debtors details were provided in full - agreement details etc., the rest had name, address, account info and phone number only - that's why they never have agreements when you ask for them, Cabot were charged £2 for every additional one they required - someone had to pay for Ken Maynard's new swimming pool so they never paid out for anything unnecessarily...the documents were 45- 55 pages in length and of course they were reluctant to part with them, they usually came with litigation rather than a straight CCA or SA.R request. Made fun reading though..

Usually it contains details of the sale itself so there would be commercially sensitive information in there like the price they paid for the debt :p but also in the ones we obtained they had the number of accounts which had been bought en bloc, the amount of 'free' information which came on 2 discs with the sale, and the amount the DCA (Cabot) had to pay for additional information. What I mean by that is that only 10% of all the debtors details were provided in full - agreement details etc., the rest had name, address, account info and phone number only - that's why they never have agreements when you ask for them, Cabot were charged £2 for every additional one they required - someone had to pay for Ken Maynard's new swimming pool so they never paid out for anything unnecessarily...the documents were 45- 55 pages in length and of course they were reluctant to part with them, they usually came with litigation rather than a straight CCA or SA.R request. Made fun reading though..

Yes, I guess in most cases then, because of the sensitivity of the information they are not too keen to disclose it. It's amazing how they can just buy these debts in bulk as you say (for a pittance) and not even have a copy of the agreement or anything else relevant to the account, although not really surprising! Just goes to show though, as with Cabot, if you can get hold of these documents, it can be extremely revealing....

Yes Indeed!

Now remember that 'Novation' is also used in electronic exchanges!

The DCA's/Assignee's continually state that they have bought the debts under section 136 the Law of property act 1925, thus one would presume that these assignments are absolute.

However, the DCA's/Assignee's state that they have the benefits of the debts, but not the Duties and the original lender is still a Creditor!?

Which doesn't make for common sense.

Meaning; If one buys an item, you buy it lock, stock and barrel.

Now of course, if the agreement has been altered by Novation, that would change the whole situation, but what happenes when a pre-novation breach was identified after the date of novation e.g. an unenforceable credit agreement that does not comply with s60 & s61 of the CCA?

That would depend on how the novation agreement was drafted.

The follwong makes for an interesting read:

http://www.salans.de/FileServer.aspx?oID=1242&lID=0

AC

Yes, I guess in most cases then, because of the sensitivity of the information they are not too keen to disclose it. It's amazing how they can just buy these debts in bulk as you say (for a pittance) and not even have a copy of the agreement or anything else relevant to the account, although not really surprising! Just goes to show though, as with Cabot, if you can get hold of these documents, it can be extremely revealing....

Well one has to remember, keeping in context with the thread, that these DCA's are only too happy to repossess houses on the strength of their collection activity and issue Stat Demands, Charging Orders and no end of things to get their money so if we can expose, as we did, that the agreements are unenforceable then peoples homes would not have been lost as a result with all that goes with that darstardly act. Just shows you a lot of people would not go through what they do if they were wiser and aware of the things we find out by looking deeper into their shenannigans behind the scenes.

we think you have until saturday to ask a question

"TREASURY COMMITTEE INVITES QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC TO PUT TO THE CHANCELLOR ON THE BANKING CRISIS"

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/campaign/165996-ask-chancellor-question-banking.html#post1786440

................... now who needs educating on section 78 (inter alia) :wink::wink::wink:

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Hi,

back to novation..........

So is it right to assume that if the DCA responds to a s78 without quoting the property act and "right to the debt, but no obligations" horse poo, that the DCA has been assigned it and it is not a novation?

How can we ascertain for certain whether it is a "novation" or "assisgnment"?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks