Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi can anyone offer advice on cca to northern rock......

i sent off a cca request for my loan with Northern rock on 12th August. I sent a £1 postal order with it.

i received the Postal order back in the post yesterday along with a letter advising that they will only send back my cca request if the letter is signed by me and my partner.....

the loan is in joint names and my originial letter is just from myself and i did not sign it as advised.

do i need to send my request again signed by both of us? i think i have read on the forum some where that it is not a legal requirement to send a signed letter ?????

can anyone advise?

Hi katie,

As far as I'm aware, you do not need to sign a letter at all!

I would allow the 12 working days to pass, and if they haven't complied, then report the matter to TS and OFT!

You can if you like inform Northern Rock of your intentions. But that's up to you.

Best wishes, Jeff.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi katie,

As far as I'm aware, you do not need to sign a letter at all!

I would allow the 12 working days to pass, and if they haven't complied, then report the matter to TS and OFT!

You can if you like inform Northern Rock of your intentions. But that's up to you.

Best wishes, Jeff.

Hello katie,

Just had a thought!:rolleyes:

You could re-send the request with your postal order. Only this time, both you and your OH could sign it with a completely different style of signature than you would normally use!

This way, if Northern Rock get up to any little tricks with an "alleged copy of your CCA", then you will be able to tell straight away!!!;)

Regards, Jeff.

Hello katie,

You could re-send the request with your postal order. Only this time, both you and your OH could sign it with a completely different style of signature than you would normally use!

This way, if Northern Rock get up to any little tricks with an "alleged copy of your CCA", then you will be able to tell straight away!!!;)

Regards, Jeff.

good advice....and photocopy it as proof or scan it to a pdf file along with the date. DO NOT trust any of these institutions just now.

Sarah

do i need to send my request again signed by both of us? i think i have read on the forum some where that it is not a legal requirement to send a signed letter ?

Correct, it is not a legal requirement to sign a CCA request. However if this is the only way you are going to get it (without a lot of letter writing) you can use a digital signature. I've used this site but there are others

Online Personal Signature Maker - MyLiveSignature - Free Personal Signature Generator

The alternative is to do as Jeff suggests - wait the 12 days & then send a leter of non-compliance.

Edited by foolishgirl
Addition

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Alternatively you could sign your partner's name and he could sign for you. This is what I have been doing for some while now and it has been accepted. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Alternatively you could sign your partner's name and he could sign for you. This is what I have been doing for some while now and it has been accepted. :)

Ha, I like it CitiB - so much for the DPA then?

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

CitizenB

Judge Brown in the Rankine case refered to s.170 regarding commiting an offence I have cut and paste below

170 No further sanctions for breach of Act

(1) A breach of any requirement made (otherwise than by any court) by or under this Act shall incur no civil or criminal sanction as being such a breach, except to the extent (if any) expressly provided by or under this Act.

(2) In exercising his functions under this Act the Director may take account of any matter appearing to him to constitute a breach of a requirement made by or under this Act, whether or not any sanction for that breach is provided by or under this Act and, if it is so provided, whether or not proceedings have been brought in respect of the breach.

(3) Subsection (1) does not prevent the grant of an injunction, or the making of an order of certiorari, mandamus or prohibition or as respects Scotland the grant of an interdict or of an order under section 91 of the Court of Session Act 1868 (order for specific performance of

statutory duty).

Live Life-Debt Free

Sorry B3rty, I dont think I quite understand your post. :???:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just a comment on your post..regarding the commiting of offence for .s78(6)

I dont think it has anything to do with the rankine case at all. It is my understanding that whilst an OFFENCE has still been committed by not responding to the CCA request within the statutory timescales, it is no longer a CRIMINAL offence. The companies are still not able to enforce the agreement if they havent provided the documents. I am sure somone will put me right if I am wrong, but I understand the letter template on the forum has been amended to reflect the above.

Live Life-Debt Free

Aha, sorry B3rty.. Now I understand. my memory retains information short term. I didnt connect your post to one I had made a couple of days ago. :oops:

BCOBS

Hi everyone, today is the day I was due to send the 30 day letter.Is it now agreed that this is no longer neccessary? What happens if CCA sudenly start to arrive a0 if they are in order b) if they are not in order?

Many thanks to everyone for previous advice and help.

Hi loramos,

Not sure which (or even all) of your creditors your latest post applies to but the following is suitable for all:

Did you send them a letter after the 12 days putting the account in dispute?

If not, suggest you do so now, reminding them that they are in default of your CCA request, that the account is in dispute & they are not permitted to enforce in any way whilst it remains so etc.

(Do you need a template for this? If so, post back & I'll paste one up for you.)

Then just sit back & wait for the CCAs to arrive. They may still try to get you to pay up, even possibly commencing court action but if they do so & haven't /can't supply a CCA, you have an absolute defence. But at the moment just take one step at a time. :)

Hi foolish girl, there 10 cca requests in all.First letters were sent 05/08/08 I then did the 12+2 letter.Todate only two have replied,RBS who sent an application form and egg who sent an unreadable and undated CCA.I replied to both of them that they were not what was requested and have heard nothing since.

You could keep chasing after them, but in my opinion, unless they are chasing you for money, it's best to leave well alone. You can of course legitimately stop paying now if you haven't already.

In my experience, they will either eventually send you something or they will now pass the debts on, which of course they are not supposed to do. Either way, respond when you need to rather than push them into having a really good search for your agreements.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

thanks for all the advice....i have a copy of the original from when i took the loan out and thought about putting new sigs in to see what came back.....me and my devious mind....but i have opted to send a letter from both of us with no signature on and have told them they are quite happy to send correspondnace to me at my address so what makes this different?

thanks for all advice

thanks for all the advice....i have a copy of the original from when i took the loan out and thought about putting new sigs in to see what came back.....me and my devious mind....but i have opted to send a letter from both of us with no signature on and have told them they are quite happy to send correspondnace to me at my address so what makes this different?

thanks for all advice

When companies ask for too much info to deal with a CCA or SAR I always say I am concerned about identity theft and if they want to take the responsibility I am happy to comply with their request and send what they asked for. Strangely they usually just send the info out then....

:grin:

If you get what you consider is an unenforceable CCA and you stop paying the monthly repayments and that CCA does in fact turns out to be enforceable or it is enforced by the court, what happens when you have to start paying monthly repayments again?

Do you have to make up the payments you have missed?

Can you be charged interest now for the time the account was in dispute?

Or does the balance start from the date the account became disputed?

jax

:cool:

If you get what you consider is an unenforceable CCA and you stop paying the monthly repayments and that CCA does in fact turns out to be enforceable or it is enforced by the court, what happens when you have to start paying monthly repayments again?

Do you have to make up the payments you have missed?

Can you be charged interest now for the time the account was in dispute?

Or does the balance start from the date the account became disputed?

jax

:cool:

HI

I am affraid that you will be liable for all payments missed and any interest incurred on those payments. You should however challenge any penalty charges.

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi

Sorry to butt in, but there's poster who could really do with some help. She's dealing with her mother's account, and has just received a default notice a week after MBNA have received a CCA and an SAR.

She's not getting much in the way of replies, so if anyone can have a wander over and give her some advice, I think she'd really appreciate it.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/160721-moonwitch-mbna.html

Thanks

Lexis

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Just a quick question. If a claimant's claim is struck out (because they didn't respond to the defendant's defence (as ordered by the judge), can the defendant then claim costs. I am in this situation and wondered if I can submit a claim to the court, as the claims were quite far along at the time they were struck out. Thanks, Magda

Hello katie,

Regards, Jeff.

I agree.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks