Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could somebody have a look at this.

[attach]3671[/attach]

It contains a CCA from HFC - Pretty sure its enforceable.

I also need someone to check out the statements.

2 sets of statements. You'll see what I mean when you see them.

What I need to know is have I been disadvantaged in any way by the way they have split the payments up.

Your help most appreciated.

Sharpman.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

this company say thay will do it for free on a no win no fee basis

is it worth using them??

Real Claims: Wipe clean PPI, Miss Sold and Unenforceable Loans, Credit Cards

if i have not got to pay a penny and they have to do all the work it win win, isnt it

has anyone used them

all other companies i have found charge a fee of arount 200-500 just to look at your claim

am a bit unsure though as unless it goes to court how do they get paid???

if i have not got to pay a penny and they have to do all the work it win win, isnt it

If it looks too good to be true, it probably is!

Use CAG & DIY - you are in control, anything is yours to keep (with a donation to CAG of course! :wink:) & you'll find it is v. satisfying.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Could somebody have a look at this.

[attach]3671[/attach]

It contains a CCA from HFC - Pretty sure its enforceable.

I also need someone to check out the statements.

2 sets of statements. You'll see what I mean when you see them.

What I need to know is have I been disadvantaged in any way by the way they have split the payments up.

Your help most appreciated.

Sharpman.

Yes its enforceable...

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

thanks dave.

Do you know anybody on the forums who are financialy minded. I need some one to look at the statements on that pdf. I need to know if they're pulling a fly one using the payments the way they are doing it. I was paying over the required payments and they were splitting the payments pefore adding them to the account. need to know if, by doing it that way it is detremental to me by meaning that i pay more in interest or the such.

thanks

Sharpman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thanks dave.

Do you know anybody on the forums who are financialy minded. I need some one to look at the statements on that pdf. I need to know if they're pulling a fly one using the payments the way they are doing it. I was paying over the required payments and they were splitting the payments pefore adding them to the account. need to know if, by doing it that way it is detremental to me by meaning that i pay more in interest or the such.

thanks

Sharpman

you need to see if there is any mention in the t&c's about OVER payment, and / or how payments will be allocated.

But on the face of it, it seems ok. you have reduced your liability by overpaying therefore the interest portion will have been paid faster......

somone else may know better

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

If it looks too good to be true, it probably is!

Use CAG & DIY - you are in control, anything is yours to keep (with a donation to CAG of course! :wink:) & you'll find it is v. satisfying.

is there a summery thread, regarding the process?

i have looked but can not find the basic process

i could read all 600 odd pages , but it would be useful for other members also to have a sumery of the process

thanks for the help

i did try calling that company as o n their site it states

"How much does it cost

We work on a no win no fee basis, even if you win it will cost you nothing."

this implies that they do not take a percentage

Edited by killat

hi all,

i did a cca request to mbna on 28th july and got a reply on 14th aug. The agreement looks to be unenforcable, no prescibed terms etc basically it is an application form.

i then received a letter from mbna on 19th aug saying they had sold my debt to equidebt ltd-equ and that any enquiries regarding the account should be made to them.

my question is.......who do i write to now to say the agreement is unenforcable and has not complied etc.....

any help greatly appreciated.

thanks

hi all,

i did a cca request to mbna on 28th july and got a reply on 14th aug. The agreement looks to be unenforcable, no prescibed terms etc basically it is an application form.

i then received a letter from mbna on 19th aug saying they had sold my debt to equidebt ltd-equ and that any enquiries regarding the account should be made to them.

my question is.......who do i write to now to say the agreement is unenforcable and has not complied etc.....

thanks

Hi Katie, I would wait until equidebt contact you (which no doubt they will) and then write to them explaining that the 'agreement' you received is an application and nothing more, and therefore unenforceable.

Magda

Hi Katie, I would wait until equidebt contact you (which no doubt they will) and then write to them explaining that the 'agreement' you received is an application and nothing more, and therefore unenforceable.

Magda

MBNA just have a routine threatogram program which you will just have to endure as anything you write to them will be ignord:rolleyes:

hi all,

thanks

Same thing happened to me, just as i was entering into dispute they sold it to equidebt......I wrote to equidebt and said that we were at the dispute stage when MBNA sold the debt unlawfully. I'd of got more sense talking to the wall !!! now I just ignore them or sometimes write to tell them that I dont acknowledge ANY debt to them.........just got a letter offering SUBSTANTIAL reductions if I contact them to discuss it!

yeah thats going to happen.

ok then...

write to Equidebt, and tell them that you do not acknowledge ANY debt to them at all and that they must supply you with documentary evidence of the alleged debt. (s78 - 77 cca them). and for good measure put in the letter that you require all contact to be in writing ONLY

there are several letters on here that will do the job.....

Dave

thanks i never thought to wait....guess it will stall things for a bit lol.......

i was wondering if mbna had to send me a formal notice of assignment or is a letter stating they have sold the debt, with the name and address of the new creditor on enough?

is it legal to sell a debt on?

thanks i never thought to wait....guess it will stall things for a bit lol.......

i was wondering if mbna had to send me a formal notice of assignment or is a letter stating they have sold the debt, with the name and address of the new creditor on enough?

is it legal to sell a debt on?

Yes they can legally sell/assign the debt but first they have to serve a default notice and then a Notice of Termination

hmmmm no win NO FEE...implies that if they do win there IS a fee. From what Ive seen and heard it could be anything from 15% to 40%.

Do it yourself

1 CCA them

2 determine if its legit

3 LBA them

4 issue N1

5 go to court (if necessary)

6 count money

very rough guide :)

Dave

hi all

just been looking at my docs...it would seem i had a letter on the 16 june saying that

'mbna has scheduled your account to be written off as a bad debt. please be aware this does not mean it will disappear. we will pursue one of the follwing actions to recover the debt.'

they then go on to say they may place account with 3rd party, or sell debt to a 3rd party or refer your account to a solicitor.

on july 7th i got a letter to say they would discuss the possibilty of settling the account with a payment of xxxxx.

i have heard nothing since then except to get my agreement which was then followed by a letter stating the debt had been sold.

thanks all

i have had no default notice or notice of termination.......i did get a letter saying they would reduce the debt substantially but i ignored it when i found this site and ccad them instead. i have had no other correspondance. should i S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) mbna ?

Well they NEED to send you a default notice then a notice of termination then the letter to say they sold the debt. Equidebt need to send you a letter to inform you they now own the debt.

if none of the above has been complied with, they have acted unlawfully.

you could sar mbna....i would do that anyway (helps build the evidence pile).

you should also cca equidebt.........but wait to see if they follow procedure first.

Dave

is there a summery thread, regarding the process?

Depends what you're trying to achieve - PPI, unlawful charges, unenforceable debt? Which?

Suggest you start a new thread for each issue you have according to the company you're dealing with & post it in the appropriate forum

this implies that they do not take a percentage

No, it doesn't - it's just cleverly worded. It won't actually cost you anything i.e. they won't ask you for any money up front, they'll prob. just take their cut off the top of anything they get back for you. Nothing in this life is free!

If you need help in which forum to be posting etc. please give details of the companies & type of debt you have eg. CC, loan, overdraft etc.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

if they have not followed procedure but have sold the debt on anyway is there anything that can be done ...

Yes, keep all the paperwork! It will give you more ammo to fire if they try to initiate legal action. And of course, if you don't receive a Notice of Assignment and/or an enforceable agreement, stop the payments. No NOA, no CCA, no agreement to pay! :)

They might, of course, try to sell the debt on again to some other sucker DCA but by then, you would hopefully have put it in dispute & could tell them to whistle...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks