• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

uni, push them on Sections 59 and 85. They have as good as admitted they don't comply with Section 85.

Section 85

Duty on issue of new credit-tokens

(1) Whenever, in connection with a credit-token agreement, a credit-token (other than the first) is given by the creditor to the debtor, the creditor shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it.

(2) If the creditor fails to comply with this section—

(a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) if the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

(3) This section does not apply to a small agreement.

They have said they don't send the terms and conditions, so they have admitted non-compliance.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OFT response today.

Dear Sir

Consumer Credit Act 1974

Re: (s63 & s77) - Copy of agreements

I refer to our telephone conversation in relation to the above.

Having spoken to more experienced colleagues on this issue, majority seem to take the view that the intention of the law is for the creditor to provide a copy of the text of the agreement not the actual copy that was signed. Meaning that the copy provided does not have to show the names and signatures of parties to the agreement.

However the debtor may request for a copy of the signed agreement but there are certain circumstances where the creditor does not have to provide this.

It does appear that only court can rule on this issue. Please click on the web links below for more relevant information:

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1988/Uksi_19882047_en_1.htm

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1989/Uksi_19890591_en_1.htm

I hope this helps.

Yours faithfully

Adesola Popoola

Enquiries and Preliminary Investigations

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and

intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they

are addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify

[email protected] immediately.

The Office of Fair Trading

Fleetbank House, 2-6 Salisbury Square, London EC4Y 8JX

Switchboard (020) 7211 8000

Web Site: The Office of Fair Trading: making markets work well for consumers

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept

for the presence of computer viruses.

So, they bottle it again... :x

Section 85

(1) Whenever, in connection with a credit-token agreement, a credit-token (other than the first) is given by the creditor to the debtor, the creditor shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it.

(a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

They have said they don't send the terms and conditions, so they have admitted non-compliance.

Can someone explain this one a bit better

HAK

Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations

The draft Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2007 impose a blanket ban on unfair commercial practices. They state that a misleading action or misleading omission will amount to an unfair commercial practice.

A commercial practice becomes a misleading action, and therefore a criminal offence, if it:

• "Contains false information and is therefore untruthful […] or if it or its overall presentation in any way deceives or is likely to deceive the typical consumer […], even if the information is factually correct; and
  • causes or is likely to cause the typical consumer to take a transactional decision he would not have taken otherwise."

• Haha 1

would some of these terms apply to egg

Statutory Instrument 1999 No. 2083

The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999

SCHEDULE 2Regulation 5(5)

INDICATIVE AND NON-EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF TERMS WHICH MAY BE REGARDED AS UNFAIR

1. Terms which have the object or effect of-

(b) inappropriately excluding or limiting the legal rights of the consumer vis-à-vis the seller or supplier or another party in the event of total or partial non-performance or inadequate performance by the seller or supplier of any of the contractual obligations, including the option of offsetting a debt owed to the seller or supplier against any claim which the consumer may have against him;

© making an agreement binding on the consumer whereas provision of services by the seller or supplier is subject to a condition whose realisation depends on his own will alone;

(d) permitting the seller or supplier to retain sums paid by the consumer where the latter decides not to conclude or perform the contract, without providing for the consumer to receive compensation of an equivalent amount from the seller or supplier where the latter is the party cancelling the contract;

(e) requiring any consumer who fails to fulfil his obligation to pay a disproportionately high sum in compensation;

(f) authorising the seller or supplier to dissolve the contract on a discretionary basis where the same facility is not granted to the consumer, or permitting the seller or supplier to retain the sums paid for services not yet supplied by him where it is the seller or supplier himself who dissolves the contract;

(g) enabling the seller or supplier to terminate a contract of indeterminate duration without reasonable notice except where there are serious grounds for doing so;

(h) automatically extending a contract of fixed duration where the consumer does not indicate otherwise, when the deadline fixed for the consumer to express his desire not to extend the contract is unreasonably early;

(i) irrevocably binding the consumer to terms with which he had no real opportunity of becoming acquainted before the conclusion of the contract;

(j) enabling the seller or supplier to alter the terms of the contract unilaterally without a valid reason which is specified in the contract;

(k) enabling the seller or supplier to alter unilaterally without a valid reason any characteristics of the product or service to be provided;

the intention of the law is for the creditor to provide a copy of the text of the agreement not the actual copy that was signed. Meaning that the copy provided does not have to show the names and signatures of parties to the agreement.

However the debtor may request for a copy of the signed agreement but there are certain circumstances where the creditor does not have to provide this.

Meaning they could make up what was in the agreement and sign it off as an accurate representation. As no name and signature is required, how do they prove it is ours?

Meaning they could make up what was in the agreement and sign it off as an accurate representation. As no name and signature is required, how do they prove it is ours?

...but surely, they still need the original to prosecute if it went to court, not just some Blue Peter affair? So if they haven't got it now, they won't have it for court.

It means terms and conditions, (Original, allowing variation, and current versions) and anything else mentioned in the agreement, IMHO.

Sorry Car I ment section 85 of the act.

I agree with the T&C

HAK

(j) enabling the seller or supplier to alter the terms of the contract unilaterally without a valid reason which is specified in the contract;

(k) enabling the seller or supplier to alter unilaterally without a valid reason any characteristics of the product or service to be provided;

Isn't this exactly what Egg are doing - changing from a running credit account to a fixed sum account without a valid reason?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

That Is What I Thought They Were Doing How Else Can They Request Payment Unless Since They Decided To Cancel The Contract And Re Write The Rules Or Terms Of Service Making This A New Non Negoiated Contract,so Your Own Negotions Would Consist Of £1.00 Per Month Take It Or Leave It Egg

Patrickq1

This is a classic you could not write it!!

Did the Section 78(1) request and got back this:

img056.jpg

I worte to them about the copy been crap under the copy docs 1983 etc...

Got back this....

img088.jpg

Its not unreaonable to expect a deteriotion to the filming:D

Any Comments

HAK

uni, push them on Sections 59 and 85. They have as good as admitted they don't comply with Section 85.

Section 85

Thanks Ian - how does it work though when they say that the T&C's are published online and therefore available at all times?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

what on earth does it mean they have discharged their responsibility, have they sold your account on ?

Hi Patrick

It is still with Barclaycard (Mercers)

HAK

what on earth does it mean they have discharged their responsibility, have they sold your account on ?

Hi,

I think they are trying to say that as far as they are concerned, they have complied with the s78 request!

Jeff.

Hello everybody,

Well, three days ago I received my f*** off letter from Egg.

So, what do you think has arrived in the post today?

Yes, that's right. A BRAND NEW EGG CARD! :eek:

Regards, Jeff.

lol i wonder jeff if you have some new updated T&Cs with it ,now then dont you have a chance to re negotiate the new contract ?? a case of they dont know their ass from their t**ts

oops

patrickq1

Hi patrick,

Just as others have previously mentioned, there are no T's & C's included.

Also, no copy of the agreement as per s85!

I'm also thinking of attempting to activate the card. Just to see if they really don't know their a*** from their elbow!

Jeff.

Thanks Ian - how does it work though when they say that the T&C's are published online and therefore available at all times?

It clearly says they shall 'give' it to you, meaning they must send it to you, not just post it somewhere and expect you to find it.

If I left a tenner somewhere on the offchance you might find it, would you say I had 'given' it to you?

Nope, and by the same token, Egg have not given us the documents referred to in the agreement by simply posting them online. The 'giving' of the documents must be tied to the care reissue, not just some generic fact that they are available on the website.

Remember, this was written in 1974 before the internet exisited, and has not been amended in any subsequent regulations, so it stands exactly as it was written then.

Hi patrick,

Just as others have previously mentioned, there are no T's & C's included.

Also, no copy of the agreement as per s85!

I'm also thinking of attempting to activate the card. Just to see if they really don't know their a*** from their elbow!

Jeff.

Don't. Just keep the card as it is, attached to the flyer, as it will prove their non-compliane with section 85.

This is a classic you could not write it!!

Did the Section 78(1) request and got back this:

img056.jpg

I worte to them about the copy been crap under the copy docs 1983 etc...

Got back this....

img088.jpg

Its not unreaonable to expect a deteriotion to the filming:D

Any Comments

HAK

Replace that with; "sorry, we don't have the original and are hoping that you aren't switched on enough to challenge our document management system (which isn't compliant with the DPA or the CCA) as we don't want to write this balance off, but want to make your life a misery by Defaulting you anyway..."

Blah, blah, blah...

Hello everybody,

Well, three days ago I received my f*** off letter from Egg.

So, what do you think has arrived in the post today?

Yes, that's right. A BRAND NEW EGG CARD! :eek:

Regards, Jeff.

LOL!

What's the expiry date? 31 days, perhaps?

Replace that with; "sorry, we don't have the original and are hoping that you aren't switched on enough to challenge our document management system (which isn't compliant with the Data Protection Act or the CCA) as we don't want to write this balance off, but want to make your life a misery by Defaulting you anyway..."

Blah, blah, blah...

So If this went to Court

A- Would it be thrown out for been unreadable?

B- If they brought the film with them would a judge exept it.?

HAK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks