• Tweets

• The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
    • Doubt the uneconomic write off would be registered, unless you agreed to accept write off settlement of the claim. It is just cosmetic damage. All that has happened, is that the car has been looked at and they realised the repair costs are going to exceed the value of the car. If the car is perfectly driveable with no upcoming normal work required to pass next MOT, your current Insurers will continue Insurance and you can accept an amount from third party Insurers to go towards you repairing the scratched bodywork.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thus I feel it is inappropriate for this Service to comment on the validity

of the copy document referred to by 1st Credit Ltd as being your executed loan agreement. Who can state whether the agreement is enforceable or not then you pillock?

Actually, what TS says seems to be basically correct. They can send a document to you that is reconstituted / removes sig etc and not be in criminal breach.

Ultimatly, TS told you the agency that CAN definitively state whether a credit agreement is enforceable. That agency is the court.

i would suggest rather that wasting your time further complaining to TS, you should issue an application for disclosure via the court. Expensive, but the court is the only agency that can require them to hand over the original copy of the credit agreement you require.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, what TS says seems to be basically correct. They can send a document to you that is reconstituted / removes sig etc and not be in criminal breach.

Ultimatly, TS told you the agency that CAN definitively state whether a credit agreement is enforceable. That agency is the court.

i would suggest rather that wasing your time further complaining to TS, you should issue an application for disclosure via the court. Expensive, but the court is the only agency that can require them to hand over the original copy of the credit agreement you require.

Thanx for the clarification Tom:) , I can't financially afford to initiate courts action:( . The only options are to keep plugging away until I get someone to take notice:x or stop paying and wait for them to take me to court and with the help of CAG neatly put them back in their box so far no one has taken this option.

Surrey TS seem to think missing statutory timelines is not an offence worth investigating

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

Quick question - is a CCA that is signed but neither signature (mine, or their Agents) is dated. Does this mean the agreement is unenforceable, or enforceable with a Court order only?

In this position with GE Money;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/110148-car2403-ge-capial-bank.html[url=http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/110148-car2403-ge-capial-bank.html][/url]

Thanx for the clarification Tom:) , I can't financially afford to initiate courts action:( . The only options are to keep plugging away until I get someone to take notice:x or stop paying and wait for them to take me to court and with the help of CAG neatly put them back in their box so far no one has taken this option.

Surrey TS seem to think missing statutory timelines is not an offence worth investigating

Are you in receipt of benefit, etc? some people are exempt from some court costs.

Otherwise, simply send them a letter asking them to take you to court.:eek::rolleyes:

As i said, if they've sent you a unsigned copy of the agreement, this probably fulfills the criminal requirements of s77-79 of the CCA 1974. In these circumstances, TS has investigated, and found that what the creditor has sent you complies with these sections of the act.

doesn't mean the agreement is enforceable, however.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

Are you in receipt of benefit, etc? some people are exempt from some court costs. In a DMP

Otherwise, simply send them a letter asking them to take you to court.:eek::rolleyes: Might just do this at the moment its in stalemate, IMHO the account isn't large enough for them to bother

As i said, if they've sent you a unsigned copy of the agreement, this probably fulfills the criminal requirements of s77-79 of the CCA 1974. In these circumstances, TS has investigated, and found that what the creditor has sent you complies with these sections of the act.

doesn't mean the agreement is enforceable, however.

Thanx again Tom, however TS have not taken action either against NR or 1C despite their being a clear case (missed timelines) for them to do so.

I've attached the agreement for opinion - Enforceable or not. They (NR & 1C) have also failed to provide any T&CS despite numerous requests.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z61/conar686/NthRockagreementv2.jpg

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Thanx again Tom, however TS have not taken action either against NR or 1C despite their being a clear case (missed timelines) for them to do so.

I've attached the agreement for opinion - Enforceable or not. They (NR & 1C) have also failed to provide any T&CS despite numerous requests.

it seems to me that it is improperly executed but enforceable by the court at its discretion (assuming you signed it). However, I haven't done any maths.

This guy needs some urgent advice. I asked him to come to this thread.

Barclaycard are in breach of his CCA request, owe the guy a fortune in charges and have made the mistake of starting enforcement action against him.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/116897-ccj-barclaycard-advice-please.html#post1179140

• Haha 1

Hi

All the prescribed terms are theree the APR is correct at 9.106% rounded the tap and tcc ar also correct

Regards

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Is this a non cancellable agreement? Can't see any cancellation details on there?

regards,

shane

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

I can't see any statements of the debtors right of cancellation as required by s.64(1) and Reg.2(3) of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983. (SI1983/1553), so it's improperly executed under s.64(5). Any application for an Enforcement Order - s.65(1) - as a result of this improper execution under s.64(1), must therefore be dismissed by the Court by virtue of s.127(4)(b). If it's a cancellable agreement.

Also can't see any details of the protection and remedies available under the Act, as prescribed in s.60(1) and the regulations. (SI1983/1553) They can get a s.65(1) Enforcement Order here, but you can argue you are prejudiced under s.127(1)(i).

Peter is our resident expert, so I'm sure he'll confirm all this for you. (and me, hopefully!) ;)

Quick question - is a CCA that is signed but neither signature (mine, or their Agents) is dated. Does this mean the agreement is unenforceable, or enforceable with a Court order only?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/110148-car2403-ge-capial-bank.html

I think this would make the agreement improperly executed rendering enforcment only possible via court order. However, having read your thread and see the alleged agreement it would seem the creditor has covered their bases with regards to providing prescribed terms. For this type of agreement prescribed terms are Repayments, Rate of Interest & Credit limit. The Regs also say a statement to the effect stating how these terms are to be determined should they not be stated already will suffice. For eg it says on the agreement 'we will determine your credit limit and give you notice of it.''

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/110148-car2403-ge-capial-bank.html

Hi

Yes a cancelable agreement should be signed and dated by both prties i it is to be properly executed if it is not it is enforceable only by order of the court section 65.

1983/1553

(3) The signature of the said document shall be made in the following

manner-

(a)

by the debtor or hirer, or by or on behalf of the debtor or hirer in the

case of a partnership or an unincorporated body of persons, in the

space in the document indicated for the purpose, and, subject to sub·

paragraph (e) below, the date of the signature shall be inserted in the

space in the document indicated for the purpose;

(b)

by the creditor or owner, or by a person on his behalf, outside any

signature box in which the debtor or hirer may sign and, subject to

sub-paragraph (e) below, the date of the signature shall be inserted

outside any such signature box;

(e)

in the case of a regulated agreement which is not a cancellable

agreement, the date on which the unexecuted agreement becomes an

executed agreement may be inserted in the document and in such a

case any other date specified in paragraphs (a) and (b) above need not

be inserted; and

Ill/Ix

Bet regards

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I can't see any statements of the debtors right of cancellation as required by s.64(1) and Reg.2(3) of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983. (SI1983/1553), so it's improperly executed under s.64(5). Any application for an Enforcement Order - s.65(1) - as a result of this improper execution under s.64(1), must therefore be dismissed by the Court by virtue of s.127(4)(b). If it's a cancellable agreement.

Also can't see any details of the protection and remedies available under the Act, as prescribed in s.60(1) and the regulations. (SI1983/1553) They can get a s.65(1) Enforcement Order here, but you can argue you are prejudiced under s.127(1)(i).

Peter is our resident expert, so I'm sure he'll confirm all this for you. (and me, hopefully!) ;)

Hi

It really depends on weather ther was any face to face contact between debtor and creditor bofore the execution of the agreement.If there was then yes the agremeent should be cancellable and you should have recived information as per secton 64 if you didnt then i am afraid in those pre ditance marketing contract days the agrement would be. uncancellable.

best reagrds

Peter

Hi

It really depends on weather ther was any face to face contact between debtor and creditor bofore the execution of the agreement.If there was then yes the agremeent should be cancellable and you should have recived information as per secton 64 if you didnt then i am afraid in those pre ditance marketing contract days the agrement would be. uncancellable.

best reagrds

Peter

Peter is correct in his assumption that there was no face to face, this loan was applied for after receiving a flyer through the post. However there is no remedies statement on the signature page and I think this makes it unenforceable without an order from the court. The remedies disclaimer is more than likely in the T&Cs that they've never sent.

Any further comments welcome.

rgds

Mac

Peter is correct in his assumption that there was no face to face, this loan was applied for after receiving a flyer through the post. However there is no remedies statement on the signature page and I think this makes it unenforceable without an order from the court. The remedies disclaimer is more than likely in the T&Cs that they've never sent.

Any further comments welcome.

rgds

Mac

If they've failed to provide the T&C's, they can't now rely on them to request an enforcement order, can they? Hardly seems fair if they can.

Hi

best reagrds

Peter

Peter

I seem recall you (or another SME) stating, at just having the APR rather than the rate of interest, stated was cause for an agreement to be unenforceable unless through a courts order, is this still the case?

Peter

I seem recall you (or another SME) stating, at just having the APR rather than the rate of interest, stated was cause for an agreement to be unenforceable unless through a courts order, is this still the case?

Hi,

I think you're referring to In Running Credit Agreements where the above would apply, as far as I'm aware prescribed terms for fixed sum agreements are Repayments and Amount of Cedit.

Since your agreement was pre 2004 and there was no antecedant contact prior to the agreement being signed it would seem this is a Cancellable agreement. However, I did notice it said it said ''by signing the agreement you confirm that the information is correct.....etc and you agree to the terms above and overleaf.'' Cancellation rights may well have been on the flip side of the document.

regards,

shane

Hi,

I think you're referring to In Running Credit Agreements where the above would apply, as far as I'm aware prescribed terms for fixed sum agreements are Repayments and Amount of Cedit.

Since your agreement was pre 2004 and there was no antecedant contact prior to the agreement being signed it would seem this is a Cancellable agreement. However, I did notice it said it said ''by signing the agreement you confirm that the information is correct.....etc and you agree to the terms above and overleaf.'' Cancellation rights may well have been on the flip side of the document.

regards,

shane

But...

If they've failed to provide the T&C's, they can't now rely on them to request an enforcement order, can they? Hardly seems fair if they can.

I wonder what a Judge would say? Inadmissible evidence as not provided as part of the CCA request? Absence of T&C's provided have prejudiced, so refuse an Enforcement Order?

Sounds like a lottery to me...

Hi,

regards,

shane

Hi yes Shane is corred tthe intest rat is not a prescribed term on a fixed sum agreement in fact it is not even a required term on pre 2005 agreements.

In order to conform with the format requirments of the regs a notice of the cancellation rights should be next to the signature box.

If there is no terms and conditions then i would think it would be difficult to enforce as ,as you say none of the remedies or protection information was present and sction 127(1) would be an appropriate option.

Best regards

Peter

Apologies for butting in, and for posting this a second time, but it's like this...

On April 5, I sent a CCA request to Honours Student Loans with regard to my student loan account (two loans dating from the early 90s).

On April 27, they replied with an illegible copy of one of the two loan agreements - I could read bits but not the small print and could see, clearly, that it hadn't been signed at their end - and no terms and conditions for either.

A little later, on July 25, I wrote back clarifying that I expected legible copies of both loan agreements, together with terms and conditions, and a statement of account. I also pointed out that by now, HSL were in default and had committed a criminal offence.

Yesterday, almost six months after my original request, HSL finally managed to send me copies of both loan agreements and 'a standard copy of the terms and conditions that would have been applicable at the time of your loans'.

Now this is where the fun begins! :wink:

One of the loan agreements, HSL sent me a copy of has, clearly, been doctored since they first sent it to me back in April. Where it was unsigned by them it is now signed and where I'd inadvertently dated it incorrectly the date has now been altered to the correct one.

Of course, it would be difficult for me to prove this had the idiots not already sent me a rather different copy of the same loan agreement.

I can only assume that this time around someone spotted the errors/omissions, guessed that I would do the same and thought they'd put them right while forgetting they'd already sent me a copy of the loan agreement which, while not entirely legible, is very different to this one.

Surely, this kind of underhand behaviour ought not to be tolerated and, with this in mind, I'd like to do what I can to ensure HSL have the proverbial book thrown at them.

To this end, how do you guys think I should proceed from here?!

Thanks in anticipation

Fred_Funk

NatWest: seeking unlawful charges + interest incurred as a result of those charges of £4,292.82 and contractual interest (compounded) of £4,559.41. Court claim issued 16.01.08; acknowledgement of service filled by Cobbetts on 30.01.08

Can I please have an opinion on this from one of the many CCA experts on this thread?

If you are sold something that is most definitely a credit card and should therefore be subject to the CCA, what is the likely effect of the agreement being 'disguised' as a bank account and so not subject to the CCA?

I'm thinking along the lines of loss of protection offered by the CCA in terms of how the credit was sold, terms and conditions, rules about termination etc. What would be the real advantage of this to a creditor?

Not surprisingly the CCA doesn't seem to mention agreements which should be subject to the Act but are not.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hiya,

not entirely sure how the creditor would go about disguising it but I would think a SAR would furnish you with all the information you need from them. Is this something you believe a credior is trying to do, could you give us some more details

kind regards,

shane

Hi,

I originally did a CCA request as I thought the account was for a credit card. Bearing in mind it was originally issued before debit cards were around, I had a plastic card, I got a monthly statement showing a minimum payment and 'available to spend' and it is described as a credit/store card on my credit file.

I've not had an official response to my CCA request, I just happened to get a copy of the agreement as it was on the same piece of paper as a loan. An S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) has just produced some, not all, of the statements.

However the agreement is actually for a bank account. There is no apparent means of making regular credits to the account, e.g. a salary, or paying standing orders or DDs from the account, and there was no paying in book, but it's definitely an agreement for a bank account with an overdraft.

Obviously it is actually a credit card, so why do it as a bank account? There must be some reason, good or otherwise.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks